Dark Angels FAQ might be on the way

Syphid

Things I'd like to see FAQ'd:

Termy Sargent load outs.

Termy Company masters with TH/SS's

Company masters on bikes ( slightly against fluff I suppose )

Twin-linking on Plasma Storm Battery

Fixed Nephilim missiles.

I'd love to just see them add that the DWTS SGT can replace his SB/PS with LC or TH/SS at same costs as a 'normal' DWTS member.

Anything else would be icing on the cake.

The other things I'd not mind seeing would be better served in a supplement of some sort, giving us 'generic' 1st Company, 2nd Company, and 'Chapter' Masters, so we can run successor chapters alongside each other and actually bring 2 1st Company Masters or 2 for the 2nd Co. or such.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble here but I think we may be misinterpreting the mail to think there is a new FAQ.

From what I recall there have been two versions of the FAQ put out, when the site changed they put up the first version of the FAQ which was "OLD", and it looks like they are going to put up the "NEW" version of the FAQ (ie version 2).

Don't get me wrong I would love to see deathwing sergeants with weapons other than powerswords, but lets not get too excited over this just yet.

I would be quite happy if all they did was alter the wording for the Apothecary upgrades to read -

• One Veteran may be upgraded to an Apothecary, taking a narthecium................................15 pts
  • One Deathwing Terminator may be upgraded to an Apothecary, taking a narthecium..........30 pts
  • One Ravenwing Black Knight may be upgraded to an Apothecary, taking a narthecium........30 pts

Hardly earth-shattering, but definitely warranted. Come on GW fix our Apothecary upgrade options already...

Shintu... The Version of the errata/FAQ they put on was the 1.1a of April 2013 and this was the newest one we had in 6th Edition... They are probably making a new one cause this one is one year old now...

simiel + jhonyocum... Dont put Too much hopes on a new errata... Probably they Will just fix the DW sgt and nothing more...

Brothers, I think you have some really high hopes for something that will mot likely be pretty mundane.  I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think there's going to be much happening in the way of this FAQ.  Also, I think it's pretty telling about how good we think our codex is when we all get worked up over the thought of a FAQ update.

Master Sheol, go back and re-read my post.  For the Errata/FAQ, all I stated that I want is the fix to the TDA-wearing SGTs.  The rest I would like I did state that I'd rather see in a supplement.

Given the past FAQ's Dark Angles have gotten, post Space Marine Codex, I can see small point cost adjustments; bringing scouts in line, bringing librarians in line. I honestly believe they simply made a mistake on the wording in the last FAQ for Deathwing Sgt's and I think they'll fix it. I have some very modest hopes that they will remove the unnecessary limitations the FAQ'ed into the PFG and Black Knight Huntmaster. I'd love to see Black Knights dropped to 40 points like the command squad version, I don't understand why you get a 2 point discount and don't have to use a force org slot when you take black knights as a command squad.

I'm probably wish listing on the black knight thing, I expect changes to DW Sgt, Scouts, and a 5 point drop on upping our libbies to lvl 2.

Personal wish list; Buff Nephilim (Don't even care how), Twin-link plasma storm battery (Still wouldn't be that good), and my big DA wet dream buff the mace of absolution.

Hmmmm... Not expecting much at all, but would agree with most people:

Tweak Nephilim: ie either make it cheaper or make the missiles and Avenger Mega Bolter a little stronger

Give DW Sarge ability to take upgrades (ie TH/SS, LC etc)

Give Scouts Teleport Homers.

There is never, ever any hope of accurate prognosticating with GW. They're quite consistent in their inconsistency. Every time a new FAQ comes out, all bets are off. I can easily imagine anything from nothing interesting happening to Nephilim fighters getting a massive boost. I can also easily imagine never getting an FAQ again...

There is never, ever any hope of accurate prognosticating with GW. They're quite consistent in their inconsistency. Every time a new FAQ comes out, all bets are off. I can easily imagine anything from nothing interesting happening to Nephilim fighters getting a massive boost. I can also easily imagine never getting an FAQ again...

You left off the bit that the old faq goes away too, thus nerfing a few things back to basics.

You left off the bit that the old faq goes away too, thus nerfing a few things back to basics.

Actually since mid-late 5th they updated FAQS keeping the old stuff or amending it. If they keep to this then we won't have anything going back to pre-faq.

Ah Mr Ferocious, your particular brand of cynicism is entertaining as usual! I do think Sven has the most likely scenario covered though, that it will be business as usual despite our enthusiastic ramblings here and on other websites. There are some really funny rantings on Faeit 212s site for example but GW don't seem to pay much attention to that method of communication, something well constructed and sent to them directly is really the way to go.

Anyways, let's keep hoping for an injection of life into whatever it is that ails us whistling.gif

You know, I really feel like the only one not willing our librarians be back in line with the SM ones...

I mean, I will pay 5pts more every time if it means they have access to the divination domain (what the vanilla don't have).

So be careful when asking for something because you may regret that GW is listening yo you... ^^

Our Librarian Level 2 upgrade just needs to cost 25 pts. like it does in C: SM.  That's the only fix needed for Librarians, and it is needed.  Other fixes are needed, but I have low hopes, seeing as GW are pretty much morons when it comes to equality and consistency among things that are the same.   Basically, what we will likely see is a continuation of the "@#$! Dark Angels!" policy, for a third time in a row.

Really? Can't see DA Scouts ever getting teleport homers - that's what Ravenwing bikes are for happy.png

Cheers

I

But what if one doesn't want to play with bikes? smile.png

on a side note, Scions make really good scout models

I think it's a fluff reason, teleport homers are for calling down the Deathwing.

We don't want to risk scouts being exposed to the fallen, so the Ravenwing get them instead

Maybe it could be an option for a veteran scout Sgt? (ala Naaman)

DM

Archived