+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

@ Scribe of Khorne: congrats on completing and re-vowing! Some much needed points there! Your second vow is fine so good luck! 

@ Gubnutz: This is a fantastic collection of totally hiddeus (in the nicest possible way) daemons! The toad in particular is pure genious! Hope to see a completion soon - an a group (family?) pic! :D

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Here are my what they are at the start photo's and a couple of the completed ones so far.

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0009_zps02ca1065.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0008_zps68ed23c6.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0007_zpsb5a7a02d.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0006_zps46ed44cf.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0005_zps4205512b.jpg

The finished Termy Lord

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0020_zpsfcf5348a.jpg

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0019_zps0e3def9b.jpg

Termy Squad

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0017_zps2f9e5291.jpg

Mauler 1:

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0011_zps73317526.jpg

Mauler 2 (Not a great photo sorry)

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s377/popheadus/IMG_0013_zps420f3a2a.jpg

Please note that none of the models in my collection are based and I don't really plan on starting to base at this time.

Started work on Vow 4.

Pic of 'proper' Bastion Shrine for Word Bearers below. Planning to attach larger scrolls after basecoat.

WIP pics per link in sig.

14335246592_72bc2a8e7a_c.jpg

Family pic will be coming shortly.  Working on Hellbrute today and the Second drone.  Have to wait on delivery of the 3 toads, plan is to have everything else completed by the time they arrive.  Chomping at the bit for a second vow already.  may swap things up for some Tzeentch love though.

@Kilofix, that is a proper bastion indeed.  Love the WBs this is a great piece for that force.

@Reayonix, that is an impressive number of figs to paint for the vow, good deal

@Captain Semper, thanks.  Owe a large part of motivation to ETL, needed that kick to get back to the table, shout out to Chaeron as well for guiding me over this way with his crazy turn out of models for the vow.

Gub

It's funny, using battle titans for apoc would be a landslide of a one-sided match. I can imagine a warlord or Imperator taking out entir companies and battalions.

Warlord Titans are not unstoppable if you are prepared for them and treat them appropriately.  Drop Pods full of melta or grav shots is a great answer as you can use some 'lighter' ranged fire to strip the void shields first before.  At 2,500 points, you can easily match that in firepower and some formations, like Predator Assassin Squadrons, are well suited to tearing off loads of hull points quickly once the shields are down.  Even without the Titanhammer formation, thunder hammer armed Terminators can put a serious dent in any titan.  A combination of demolisher cannon or medusa cannon fire supported by lascannons from a Guard army can also eat through 27 hull points quickly enough once the lighter ordnance manages six av12 glances as well.

Really the secret to killing titans without similar titans of your own (and often even then) is concentration of fire.  If you do not focus on dropping them one at a time, chances are you will give them three, four, or more turns to ravage your lines.  Of course there is some luck involved as a series of bad rolls, especially with the D weapons, can hurt terribly.

Barring all else, you can always throw your hands in the air and play Dark Eldar.  Even a great many standard 40K lists can reliably tear apart titans without changing a single thing as S8 AP2 shooting is cheap and plentiful throughout the codex.  I mean seriously, all titans are simply screwed against Ravager Titan Hunter formations; three to five cheap fast skimmers with 5++ saves and -6" to range when being shot at with each vehicle able to fire all three of their dark lances at Marine BS when moving 12".  Just to be sure, each formation also has a single S1 weapon that if it hits causes all the formation's shooting (including that from the firing vehicle) to ignoring power/void/holo shields.  This means for the same cost as a Warlord Titan you get four full formations, which totals 60 shots needing 4s to glance, 5+ to penetrate with a 2/3 chance for each quarter of those to bypass the void shield entirely.  That is enough to drop an Imperator Titan in a single round (albeit with the odds against that happening) and for about 62% of the cost.  Best part is most larger Dark Eldar armies could easily manage to "convert" Raiders to Ravagers by placing two dark lance armed infantry models on the deck and calling it WYSIWYG.

It's funny, using battle titans for apoc would be a landslide of a one-sided match. I can imagine a warlord or Imperator taking out entir companies and battalions.

Warlord Titans are not unstoppable if you are prepared for them and treat them appropriately.  Drop Pods full of melta or grav shots is a great answer as you can use some 'lighter' ranged fire to strip the void shields first before.  At 2,500 points, you can easily match that in firepower and some formations, like Predator Assassin Squadrons, are well suited to tearing off loads of hull points quickly once the shields are down.  Even without the Titanhammer formation, thunder hammer armed Terminators can put a serious dent in any titan.  A combination of demolisher cannon or medusa cannon fire supported by lascannons from a Guard army can also eat through 27 hull points quickly enough once the lighter ordnance manages six av12 glances as well.

Really the secret to killing titans without similar titans of your own (and often even then) is concentration of fire.  If you do not focus on dropping them one at a time, chances are you will give them three, four, or more turns to ravage your lines.  Of course there is some luck involved as a series of bad rolls, especially with the D weapons, can hurt terribly.

Barring all else, you can always throw your hands in the air and play Dark Eldar.  Even a great many standard 40K lists can reliably tear apart titans without changing a single thing as S8 AP2 shooting is cheap and plentiful throughout the codex.  I mean seriously, all titans are simply screwed against Ravager Titan Hunter formations; three to five cheap fast skimmers with 5++ saves and -6" to range when being shot at with each vehicle able to fire all three of their dark lances at Marine BS when moving 12".  Just to be sure, each formation also has a single S1 weapon that if it hits causes all the formation's shooting (including that from the firing vehicle) to ignoring power/void/holo shields.  This means for the same cost as a Warlord Titan you get four full formations, which totals 60 shots needing 4s to glance, 5+ to penetrate with a 2/3 chance for each quarter of those to bypass the void shield entirely.  That is enough to drop an Imperator Titan in a single round (albeit with the odds against that happening) and for about 62% of the cost.  Best part is most larger Dark Eldar armies could easily manage to "convert" Raiders to Ravagers by placing two dark lance armed infantry models on the deck and calling it WYSIWYG.

I know, but a smart person knows not to put the expensive cannon in the open by itself.  However, there is a huge distance gap between Adeptus Titanicus playstyle, Epic, Epic Armageddon, Apoc, and fluff.  There were Chaos Imperators (Irae and Rex) that needed demi legions of concentrated fire to take them down. 

I know, but a smart person knows not to put the expensive cannon in the open by itself.  However, there is a huge distance gap between Adeptus Titanicus playstyle, Epic, Epic Armageddon, Apoc, and fluff.  There were Chaos Imperators (Irae and Rex) that needed demi legions of concentrated fire to take them down. 

No where to run, no where to hide, Mon'Keigh.

A lovely rough shot of where I'm at currently with the last part of my pledge. My Decimator and Forge Fiend, one more completed than the other, are being blocked - and I'm about to do the last of the white cover on the Decimator before we start to wash. The Forge needs the flesh and trim doing before I get to that stage - as well as the weapons of choice. Getting there though!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/DaemonWIP_zpsdf53f61b.jpg

I, Scribe of Khorne, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines: a Daemon Prince of Tzeentch with Black Mace, Armour (Lorgar), a Chaos Terminator Lord with Lightning Claws (Kor Phaeron), a Dark Apostle (Erebus), a Chaos Lord with Jump Pack, Power Axe and Plasma Pistol, 5 Terminators with Power Fists (In Transit), 10 CSM, with a Power Fist, 10 Plague Marines, 2 Melta and a Fist, 10 Raptors with 2 Lightning Claw on the Champion, 5 Havocs (4 AC), and a Storm Eagle with MM and Lascanon for a total value of 1817 points on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Urizen and the Undivided Pantheon and will damn my Soul to the Gods (Soul Vow) while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end!

As you can see, these are 30K Word Bearers, the Sicaran is not yet bid, as I am waiting for a true 40K Sicaran. :D

Any issues or questions Semper, just let me know!

that is a great vow indeed. Well done mate!! And why wait for the sicaran rules in 40k, when you can count him as a laspred?

Well, its got AC/HB, and 95 points just seemed wrong. :D

Vow 3 though I suppose.

don't forget the las sponsons. 140 pts make only a 35 point loss, which considering you took more absolutely and relatively on Lorgar... ;-)

Bloodly Lorgar in HH terms is 450 points...my 'raptors' are pushing 300 in HH, the numbers for the 30K units are a tad interesting at times.

Either way, hopefully my arms stop shaking from the Gym and I can do some work on Lorgar, i've been itching to paint him for weeks.

Bloodly Lorgar in HH terms is 450 points...my 'raptors' are pushing 300 in HH, the numbers for the 30K units are a tad interesting at times.

Either way, hopefully my arms stop shaking from the Gym and I can do some work on Lorgar, i've been itching to paint him for weeks.

Paint while sitting on the dryer while it is running full tilt so the shaking of the appliance counteracts the shaking of your arms tongue.png.

That is dead sexy Forte. Mr. Smiley concerns me though as I am not so sure that is a smile of happiness but rather I am going to wear your skin as a hat smile.

The fiend looks great so far.

Gub

Think it may be both. I really should name him.

@ Kilofix: This bastion is super-awesome! Look forward to see it painted!

@ Chaeron: Perfect orange rust mate! This Decimator makes me drool! :drool:

@ Forte: this is truly a fantastic stuff man - I really like how you keep the blue-ish theme and make it look so Slaaneshi! The face of this Sorecerer is outstanding! :o And so is the Fiend...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Archived