+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Same here if I want to complete my Soul Vow.

Trouble is I'm still waiting for bits to arrive. I may just start painting anyway as I've just done a bit more work to it and I'm feeling really fired up about painting this beast.

I need to figure out what I'm making my combat familiar out of and whether I want to go large and put it on a seperate base or if I want a small-but-vicious one on the same base as the lord. So much potential! But almost too much...

Finally finished these guys! This vow is going super slow, I need to pick up the pace if I want to get my goal of 5 vows done.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00820_zps25d9d7d8.jpg

Welp, back to the grindstone.

Hellbrute finished and a shot, albeit it craptacular of the whole crew so far. I will get some better ones this weekend.  Tired now so to bed but wanted to show some progress.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/gubnutz/Nurgle/Hellbrute.jpg

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l129/gubnutz/Nurgle/GroupShotvow.jpg

Gub

Fantastic progress guys - do keep it up! The BTs and the DAs (not to mention the HH) are really keeping pace.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

But they have such simple schemes ;)

Let's see, Space Wolves come pre-painted on the sprue, Dark Angels require only a can of green spray black spray paint as are White Scar and Imperial Fists with yellow and white respectively, and Blood Angels just need a spraying of red while Raven Guard just need to be hit with black. Add Chaos and Legion water slides and done. Then you can look to the canon and just slap blue paint on Night Lords, silver paint on Iron Warriors, a spray of red of World Eaters, hit some Plague Marines with green textured paint and finally bulk out points with two dozen silly expensive models that are easy and fun to chain paint. Nope no simple paint schemes in this forum whistlingW.gif.

An idle thought just struck me: how sorry would you feel for Ork players if Xenos were allowed on the site and thus into the ETL? 'Yay, I painted 30 dudes... for a total roughly equivalent to a ten man tactical squad'. At least the Guard get loads of tanks to bulk the points up.

Hoping to work on the vow tomorrow, I spent my days off this week being ill. Also, to provide the extra motivation...

I offer my soul to the Gods of Chaos right now!

By the time the E Tenebrae Lux challenge ends on August 1st I will double the points I have pledged in my first oath and crush the dogs of the Imperium!

Just to check though, say my current vow is 200 points. Is the Soul Vow to paint an extra 200 points, or an extra 400 points?

Dragonlover

Let's see, Space Wolves come pre-painted on the sprue, Dark Angels require only a can of green spray black spray paint as are White Scar and Imperial Fists with yellow and white respectively, and Blood Angels just need a spraying of red while Raven Guard just need to be hit with black. Add Chaos and Legion water slides and done. Then you can look to the canon and just slap blue paint on Night Lords, silver paint on Iron Warriors, a spray of red of World Eaters, hit some Plague Marines with green textured paint and finally bulk out points with two dozen silly expensive models that are easy and fun to chain paint. Nope no simple paint schemes in this forum whistlingW.gif.

NL= lightning bolts and skulls

IW= hazard stripes

DG= rust and grime

BL= we won't go there ;)

Just look at Gubnutz post above and I'm like wow that really took some work. Chaos is indeed cranking out some impressive sets.

But in all fairness though the HH folks are also cranking out some quality stuff. If you haven't already visited their Strategium, you should.

Edit - And also the Imperial Guard folks for that matter.

And there seems to be something winding up the Templars in the Angels of Death ETL thread. No idea what could have done that...

NL= lightning bolts and skulls

IW= hazard stripes

DG= rust and grime

BL= we won't go there msn-wink.gif

Good thing I don't have any Black Legion models other than Abbadon then. You do know Games Workshop now sells a paint of rust and grim, right msn-wink.gif.

Besides, I was only listing those Chaos Legions I do have and the simplicity there; any more simple and the models would paint themselves. I'll also add some Salamanders eventually so you can add a can of green spray paint for them, although I am not sure how I will make a banner for Malal, probably use a greener version of the Sons of Malice, so tack on a photoshop printable banner too.

Semper, I have a question! Absolutely none of the twin-linked boltgun arms look right now that I'm close to finishing my TDA lord's pose (the one I thought would work and, in fact, magnetized for the job now throws the mini's composition off when the finished sword arm is attached, another won't fit into the required pose because the box magazine is too bulky, etc) and I want to give him a combi-melta arm instead, which looks perfect.

Now, because I'm a complete fethgak I neglected to give him a combi-melta when I vowed (idk why, it's right there in the kit) so he should have a TL boltgun by default. I'm not, of course, asking to tack extra points onto my vow by altering it or anything else that would slander the reputation of this fine institution, but what I want to know is: can I give him a purely aesthetic weapon swap to create a more satisfactory pose?

Archived