WarriorFish's ETL III - Eleven Barrels of Hell

Thanks, I had a quick look at them this morning and there is a bit of work to be done that I missed in the poor lighting. The weekend will hopefully be full of nice sunshine, if not then I'll have the time to sort out a lamp solution which is overdue! I'll be sure to get some better pictures of them too :D

I think I'll end up running them as Wyverns most of the time, but having the option to take them as Hydras will be useful. I'll be introducing more flyers to my armies soon as I complete them, so that may well start an arms race that will see them being useful before too long :)

Next I want to do a Chimera or two (Veteran and CCS one) and a Pask tank (magnetised for every tank option, even the Demolisher kit ones!). I also want to get some Bullgryns and Scions as well as find those damn Ratlings for a repaint (their Stealth rule is so good it transcends the game :P ). Of course, first and foremost I have unfinished business with a Veteran squad... ;)

Ah well we always miss bits that need more attention later.

You will not be disappointed with running as Wyverns and if you do set the arms race then let us know how the hydra does.

O wow that is quite a substantial asset procurement and recruitment drive for the force! Good luck with them and keep us updated.

What air cav are you adding?

I will probably add the models in smaller chunks, but these are all kits I've wanted to do for some time now. The Pask is something I promised myself as a reward for ETL II no less! The other bits are cool new models so they sort of get a pass, but I have finished a lot of boxes thanks to the ETL so I think I've earned some more :P

I've a Valkyrie to do to add to my Vendetta/Valkyrie I did for ETL II, plus I've a Stormraven to add to the Stormtalon for my Marines plus I've a DE flyer in the box too so once I start cracking those boxes open people will have no choice but to escalate to the skies or take AA. Since I know everyone has a flyer kit I'm sure it'll be the former; I can throw curve balls later and drop my flyers and include the Hydras to rake the skies clear ;)

Despite the rain earlier it has proven to be another fantastic day which is great for painting and something I sorely missed over the last couple of week's evenings! Also so much better for photographs, so here are the much improved pictures. Special bonus with some detail shots now I can take some properly :P

Hydras

gallery_30308_9560_95215.jpg

Rear

gallery_30308_9560_62482.jpg

Close up

gallery_30308_9560_26836.jpg

Hopefully you can make bits out better now. I also did some sprucing up after looking at other Hydra pictures on the shield. I was going to do a light effect on the metallic bit like on the Vendetta but there's hardly anything behind it to paint so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a light or not. The models still aren't glued together yet though as I'm undecided on some of the interior details; I was going to leave the screen black as I don't think I can do a good radar/scanner effect on it but I don't think it looks right just being black. Anyone have some ideas?

That looks awesome! I particularly like the blue fatigues the gunner is wearing, stands out nicely. Though I'm unaware of the significance of the colour?

When you get time a group shot of all your ETL III vows together would look very impressive...

Thanks, I'm very happy with them now I've finally got some good daylight to touch them up with smile.png As for the colour all tankers wear it, the significance is this man here:

gallery_30308_3239_1585.jpg

He will be the basis for my eventual proper Pask model biggrin.png It's no wonder the thunder and roar of the 144th's armour is met with terror with such a man at the head - certain defeat is all that awaits the enemy msn-wink.giflaugh.png

Thanks for reminding me about a group shot - we need to have our parade of honour now the ETL is officially over! I'll see about taking my picture and sorting that out this weekend :)

Archived