WarriorFish's ETL III - Eleven Barrels of Hell

Coffee is right, it won't be easy. I think the only way you could do it would be to add something to the top and rear of the crewman's area (i.e. just over the rotating ring, ignoring the sides). It would require a bit of work to make it look nice too so along with the upgrade points cost involved I wouldn't recommend it unless you fancied a challenge!

I'll be sorting out bits and pieces for packing today, but I've set aside some painting time so hopefully I'll make some decent progress before leaving :)

I've done some painting, but I'm calling it quits for now. I'm just not in the mood it seems and it hasn't gone brilliantly so I've decided to busy myself with other things and hopefully come back to them later today. I was planning to get as much done as I could on one of them but finishing the green is still not bad progress:

gallery_30308_9560_47200.jpg

Frustrating not to be able to get into it when I've made the time, but better to stop as it'd be even more annoying if I made mistakes.

Ah, I see you're back at it, too!  Hydras make me drool!  One of these days, I'll run an all-AV12 tank army...direct-fire bassies, hydras, and hellhounds.  And chimeras, naturally :)

An AV12 army can do terrible things ;) Russes are great but we shouldn't let them overshadow the awesome elsewhere in the codex.

Looks like we have our work cut out for us if we want to stay ahead of the Sons of Sanguinus! I'll be sure to redouble my efforts when I return from holiday, maybe I can find time for a 4th vow?

Nice start on the Hydra, pity you've not got the time to continue on with it!

You should enjoy it as a Wyvern. The games I've played with it so far have resulted in mine quickly paying for itself!

Thanks, I learnt a long time ago it's best to stop in such cases! I'll end up running them as Wyverns mostly, not just because they're good and I love my artillery but my gaming group never really went crazy about fliers as others seemed to.

I'm tempted to pick up the paint brush again today but I need to sort out everything before I leave laugh.png Hopefully I can find my way online somehow, but if not I'll see everyone in a couple of weeks smile.pngthumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm busy with the important task of catching up with all the B&C goodness that I missed, but rest assured that my vow is high on my list :D It's great to be back home, I get some good tea in my large mug again for starters :P

I am busy this weekend with a wedding to attend but in this glorious weather I'm expecting to make good progress during the evenings :)

A busy weekend, it was good to come home and get painting - where I should be! tongue.png I've put up my brush now, best not to do too much and I need some rest but progress has been good. I've got all the green done including redoing parts of the Hydra above and I've painted all the Boltgun Metal on one of them:

gallery_30308_9560_47035.jpg

Picture is a bit grainy but there's not too much to see as I've yet to attack it with washes. Once that's done there is only the details remaining and this one is done which shouldn't take long smile.png

Don't worry, I'd rather fall on my sword than fail! Guardsmen win or die trying ;) I've planned out my week for painting, I think focusing on one will work out quite well as I can wash it and set it to try as I bring the other Hydra up to speed. I should be able to get them finished on Thursday at a nice pace :)

My plan was good in theory, but I got overly excited about being so close to finishing one that I dedicated all my time to it:

gallery_30308_9560_49933.jpg

I've had a bit of a change around and have yet to sort my lamp so the picture quality isn't great, but it's enough :) Light is fading so I'll update the ETL topic and get back to work on the other Hydra. I'll have the finished picture for that one up Thursday :D

Thanks and worry not, my time is carefully planned to ensure completion msn-wink.gif I have less free time tonight but it should be enough to finish the metallics and possibly give them a wash. Then it's Thursday evening to do all the details and take the complete model picture smile.png

I've been thinking about the ETL stuff a bit recently and while I'm going to finish everything and complete one more vow than last time I'm still a little disappointed I couldn't do more. A third vow is good but I was hoping to do more, I think I'm a little optimistic with time frames when planning or possibly underestimate how long it takes to paint (I'm not quick!)? In the future I'll try to plan for allowances for painting time for example taking into account something cropping up to steal my time away or for when my mood isn't right to paint.

Anyway, still got this model to finish before thinking of anything else - though I'm already planning what models to do after the ETL laugh.png

Through the Warp, to near and far,
To Tallarn, Lethe and Ultramar,
The Emperor points and we obey,
Through the Warp and far away.

My ETL is complete with this Hydra!

gallery_30308_9560_82208.jpg

The picture is probably not great, and I'm sure there are a few touch ups I've missed as this headache isn't doing my eyesight any favours right now but by the Throne I'd never let my fellow Guardsmen down! Glory to the Guard - here's to another fantastic ETL completed with honour! biggrin.png

Next time I'll try to be better judging my time, but I still managed to get a third vow in. So for ETL IV I'll just have to aim for that forth one msn-wink.gif

Archived