HH Weekender News/Leaks

Balthamal

After recovering from a blown cerebellum, I can now say I'm really excited for this release! Even the imperial army looks cool!

One thing that bothers me, however are the knights. I was ok with the lancer being taller, but now every new knight makes the GW ones look like dwarves.

gee, fw sure do like their Basilisk / Medusa variants

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m252/drlove42/Mobile%20Uploads/20140518_111015_zpscu6piyie.jpg

not that I'm complaining or anything

After recovering from a blown cerebellum, I can now say I'm really excited for this release! Even the imperial army looks cool!

One
thing that bothers me, however are the knights. I was ok with the
lancer being taller, but now every new knight makes the GW ones look
like dwarves.

The knights shown are supposed to be Lancer Variants I think, so its entirely possible they'll be releasing alternate normal-sized ones

Something buried under Istvaan V ey? I've got a feeling the Iron Hands will be making a return to Istvaan....

Vulkan is quite easily the best model done for the Heresy hands down, the detail is just outstanding. Simon would be the perfect choice for sculpting Dorm imo. The Gal Vorbrak are also lovely and make me want too Word Bearers who have always been my favourite legion, a shame they will probably never redo the Ashen Circle in the style of the upgrade set... Btw has anyone else noticed the Serrated Sun shoulder pads on the Gal Vorbrak? ;)

Someone over on Battlebunnies asked the same thing about Ferrus. The answer was specifically no, Ferrus won't be making a return. :(

Just recently returned from the event. Have to say it was awesome, met some great people and really enjoyed every seminar. Believe other people have covered the photos of new models quite extensively already. The Gal Vorbak were very impressive, they're actually a lot larger than the photos would suggest. They're way bigger than just a head taller than normal marines. Probably around 50% taller and as much bulkier too. There was the squad of five in front of the massive Siege Automata engine and they looked as if the five of them could have turned around and ripped it to shreds! If there are any questions that haven't been answered so far, fire away I'll try my best to answer them.

Those Gal Vorbak backpacks seem to confirm the retcon that the 40k Chaos Marine backpacks are a mutation, not a prototype.. which really makes more sense.

In Betrayal, the 40k chaos backpacks are stated as being a pattern that gave enhanced maneuverability in void combat, but had less radiation shielding.

Those Gal Vorbak backpacks seem to confirm the retcon that the 40k Chaos Marine backpacks are a mutation, not a prototype.. which really makes more sense.

Whatever you do, do not look at the Prince of Crows cover. And if you do, do not look at sevatar's backpack.

Was there any info about upcoming releases for Alpha Legion or Raven Guard? Thanks in advance.

I've picked this one up elsewhere, but for those not on Heresy 30k,

Not in the next book, but transfers and etchings will be produced. Moreover, my money would be on Corax being the next Primarch ;)

Any news on future HH Black Library releases?

Again from my running commentary on Heresy 30k,

Shattered Legions is a new anthology.

Shattered Legions does not just refer to RG, IH, and Sallies. It refers to a grouping, an unofficial organisation, and a product of necessity.

They are built around the three sundered legions, but is a disparate and disjointed force spread across the Galaxy waging asymmetric operations.

So there are tensions between the various groupings, which is explored in Veritas Ferrum and Python, such as the impact of contrasting military doctrines.

The role of the surviving heroes is explored, especially in legions that have lost their Primarch or may have lost them. So each of the sundered legions have a different aspect, but all these groups are fighting away from their super human Primarch. How do they chose a transhumance leader or form a council of war.

So the RG under Corrax are operating separate from the Shattered Legions.

IH are the dominant group in terms of numbers and, therefore, influence. So their mastery of technology has a major influence, but can move from a positive factor to a dark and dangerous places. Lacking their primarch's guidance, they have divergent views and make some serious errors. This leaves plenty of scope for disagreement between the protectors of humanity (Sallies) and the flesh is weak philosophy of many IHs.

It sounds like Shattered Legions will bring greater depth and breadth to the HH, as well as some great, new gaming opportunities. So I think Conquest will be more than a consolidation of what went before, but has the potential to significantly enhance the whole HH project.

Loyalist traitors will still pop up, but as side stories. By this point most have decided their allegiance.

Leadership in the Shattered Legion cells may rotate. So plenty of room for a lot more characters, many of whom will in time found chapters, be a notable hero etc. Numeon is in such cell in Vulkan Lives, but has a future elsewhere, i.e. what happens to Vulkan next...

I think we already know that for the Alpha Legion there will be a Legion specific Terminator squad which I can't spell, the Laernean? But there was no sightings of them this weekend. I didn't hear a mention of Raven Guard models, again though I'm assuming that most Legion specific squads in the books will get models unless they can be easily made from existing models/kits. The Emperors Children weren't really mentioned much, there is of course the new heads and torsos which have recently went up on the website. It was stated that Fulgrim will certainly be sculpted in his daemon form, we kind of already knew this but it was confirmed. Probably a long way off yet though!

As an aside, I could sit and listen to Alan Bligh talk about the Heresy all day long, the man is a genius. 

Just a quick heads up fir everyone asking about models, the 4 legions from betrayal are getting nothing new in the foreseeable future. Characters yes units no. The same applies to massacre now that the remaining units have been shown (gorgons firedrakes Gal Vorbak) some units from extermination won't get a sculpt but upgrade kits whilst others will (Templars, tyrants/lernaeans/storm eagle varient)

Just a quick heads up fir everyone asking about models, the 4 legions from betrayal are getting nothing new in the foreseeable future. Characters yes units no. The same applies to massacre now that the remaining units have been shown (gorgons firedrakes Gal Vorbak) some units from extermination won't get a sculpt but upgrade kits whilst others will (Templars, tyrants/lernaeans/storm eagle varient)

That seems a little crappy that the first four Legions get places in four books but everyone else only gets one.

That seems a little crappy that the first four Legions get places in four books but everyone else only gets one.

Depends how you look at it really. It's being driven narratively so that doesn't mean every single legion will get everything they're due at the same time. Plus the characters for SoH and Death Guard won't get models as per FWs previous decision that characters not in the books not getting models. EC and WE get nothing from Conquest apart from Legion Relics like everyone else.

Oh and one little snippet I managed to blag - Thramas will see Atramentar in all likelihood but that's years away. There's Conquest 2 Calth books and then it's a 1 in 3 chance so who knows

Archived