HH Weekender News/Leaks

Balthamal

Look at this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KAQo1lnqc9I/U3iwdgCDNLI/AAAAAAAAKB4/KPU5dOhrCiQ/s1600/P1070387.JPG

He has teeth sculpted into his hand, like its turning into another jaw. This is way better than the Possessed sculpts.

Well I'd argue that that is the unique thing about Salamanders in 40k - they are one of the closest chapters to their original legion structure and appearance. Sure the aesthetic is the same in theory across the millennia, but we've never had this quality of sculpt for the legion before. There are some awesome models for them, and I'm very excited.

Fair enough if they aren't you cup of tea though, I just can't wait to see a well painted force of all of these new guys together :)

Veletaris Squad... reminds me of something...

http://www.themindrobber.co.uk/the-sontaran-stratagem/the-sontaran-stratagem.jpg

Sontar Ha Sontar Ha Sontar Ha...! teehee.gif

Seriously though between all the new infantry, tanks and TWO Primarchs I think I may have to go without food for a while!

Let me just say everything looks fantastic, especially the Solar Auxilia stuff and mechanicum things. Now why couldn't GW proper make a tank like those ones in the pics as opposed to the tonka truck they just came out with?

Any news on the 1st Legion/Dark Angels?

Some more pictures of today's models courtesy of Rictus on warseer:

http://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.co.uk

The paint job on Vulkan isn't stellar, but the Gal'vorbak sculpts look very nice indeed.

Awesome find. Thank you.

I know some people have complained that Dawnbringer looks small in Vulkan's hands, but now that I've seen the full body, I think it is a regular sized Thunder Hammer. Vulkan's is just ''that'' big.

It might take a little bit of work, but the haft could always be lengthened.

Also, Captain Nemo and the Nautilus with those auxilia as armsmen is an insanely cool idea for a tongue in cheek rogue trader militant. In fact.... *jots down idea*... Somebody may do that :P

Have to admit I'm disappointed that some armies are getting a second nod before other armies get their first.

Even more so when some of those Legions are supposedly "slam dunk easy" working with current kits.

It might take a little bit of work, but the haft could always be lengthened.

Also, Captain Nemo and the Nautilus with those auxilia as armsmen is an insanely cool idea for a tongue in cheek rogue trader militant. In fact.... *jots down idea*... Somebody may do that :P

Hey I already called dibs bro!!! :P

The volkite armed ones remind me of those shock pistol things they carried around to kill fish.

"Volkites....the best in Tau killing technology. Do you like your fish original recipe, or EXTRA CRISPY?"

Those Gal Vorbak are truly amazing. Paint job on Vulkan is super weak, glad we've got the resin shots to appreciate the great sculpt.

Was there any indication when the Thanatar would be released (that's the giant castellax)?

Something buried under Istvaan V ey? I've got a feeling the Iron Hands will be making a return to Istvaan....

Vulkan is quite easily the best model done for the Heresy hands down, the detail is just outstanding. Simon would be the perfect choice for sculpting Dorm imo. The Gal Vorbrak are also lovely and make me want too Word Bearers who have always been my favourite legion, a shame they will probably never redo the Ashen Circle in the style of the upgrade set... Btw has anyone else noticed the Serrated Sun shoulder pads on the Gal Vorbrak? ;)

I need those Gal Vorbak and I don't even play WB. They're spectacular.

- REQUEST -

Would any of you kind chaps that are at the Weekender ask about the Imperial Fists organization? Specifically why are the squad numbers so high for a Company sized formation? I have my own theories on it, but it's been bugging me since book 3 came out. The layout that was seen in The Crimson Fist, for example, was so much simpler (10 squads of 10 men per Co., numbered 1-10) and workable.  

Look at this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KAQo1lnqc9I/U3iwdgCDNLI/AAAAAAAAKB4/KPU5dOhrCiQ/s1600/P1070387.JPG

He has teeth sculpted into his hand, like its turning into another jaw. This is way better than the Possessed sculpts.

Holy.

THIS is why they needed their own sculpts.

On the subject of Vulkan's hammer it's meant to be that size since its very much in line with a blacksmith's tool rather than a pure weapon of war say like forgebreaker. It was supposed to highlight that although he's a primarch and outstanding warrior at heart he's a craftsman

On the subject of Vulkan's hammer it's meant to be that size since its very much in line with a blacksmith's tool rather than a pure weapon of war say like forgebreaker. It was supposed to highlight that although he's a primarch and outstanding warrior at heart he's a craftsman

Huh. That surprises me, since Dawnbringer was meant as a gift for Horus. I could understand Thunderhead (Vulkan's original hammer) being that size since it was meant for him. Possible sign of upgrade in impending book, a la Fulgrim's Fireblade?

Ok just listened to Templar. Really good imo. Deals with Sigismund purging sol of the last traitor elements but also.includes snippets of his duels with other champions jubal khan alejos and Khârn.

I'll post a better breakdown once I've relaxed from the ball breaking drive home

So Iron Hands in the next FW book, + details on their main force surviving Isstvan V & becoming the foundation of the Shattered Legions. Me likey woot.gif

Also, new knights & mechanicum sound cool, and those Imperial Army goodies seem awesome, even if they are pathetic fleshy things that die as soon as they take a bullet.

Archived