HH Weekender News/Leaks

Balthamal

I just want those Gal Vorbak. Some of the nicest models I've seen and I can't wait to see what they look like painted.

The knight variants look OK, I do like the mega bolter but there's a level of pizazz missing from them that's present on the other knight models. Maybe it's just that they're Was.

So the subject of Conquest is....

Battles of the Cyclops Cluster

Seige of Mezoa

Conquest of Manachea

Defence of Agathon

Events generally not covered by BL and a natural follow on from the Isstvan trilogy. The events that lead up to Vengeful Spirit with Horus using his legion and DG to cut a swathe across the Imperium.

Armies:

SoH

DG - no new units for these two, but new characters, warlord traits, configurations.

IH

Sallies, i.e. a shattered legions list to allow mixed forces

IF

Knights (a questing knights lists) and Titans

Mech - good and naughty

Solar Auxilia - full lists, warlord options etc

This book will provide rules for system wide campaign games.

The big new thing will be Relic Weapons from the Dark Age of Technology for all the legions, including some not yet covered such as WS and SWs

Release date is fairly loose - this calendar year, but possibly GDUK.

It's a stand alone rather than part of a trilogy.

I don't get it.

Is it the next HH book Fw is working on ? The one after Extermination ?

So the subject of Conquest is....

Battles of the Cyclops Cluster

Seige of Mezoa

Conquest of Manachea

Defence of Agathon

Events generally not covered by BL and a natural follow on from the Isstvan trilogy. The events that lead up to Vengeful Spirit with Horus using his legion and DG to cut a swathe across the Imperium.

Armies:

SoH

DG - no new units for these two, but new characters, warlord traits, configurations.

IH

Sallies, i.e. a shattered legions list to allow mixed forces

IF

Knights (a questing knights lists) and Titans

Mech - good and naughty

Solar Auxilia - full lists, warlord options etc

This book will provide rules for system wide campaign games.

The big new thing will be Relic Weapons from the Dark Age of Technology for all the legions, including some not yet covered such as WS and SWs

Release date is fairly loose - this calendar year, but possibly GDUK.

It's a stand alone rather than part of a trilogy.

I don't get it.

Is it the next HH book Fw is working on ? The one after Extermination ?

Yes, it's a filler book to allow the modelers to catch up with the book releases.

Mortarion is cool, but Vulkan, Vulkan is out of this world!!!! IMO, he is the best release of the entire heresy to date.......I now have even more anticipation for The Lion than ever before.....

Cheers,

Jono

I. Am. In. Awe

Never have I wanted to blow my student loan on models so much. And that includes on legions I don't even want to collect.
Plus I'm seriously having to reconsider my choice in Legion, after those Salamander models/bits drool.gif

I just hope the Alpha Legion get just as good equipment. And then I can use the HH Salamander stuff to make my 40K Salamanders look out of this world amazing!

And on a side note those Gal Vorbak! Just wow, perfection in my opinion. I may get some just for the fun of it!

Also Ashen Circle Axes are to DIE for!

Yes, it's a filler book to allow the modelers to catch up with the book releases.

I think you'll find it will far more to the table than that for those who enjoy fighting large campaigns, e.g. rules for characters and units to gain experience, recover casualties etc.

I'm not saying it won't bring anything I'm saying it's not carrying on with introducing new legions, which is kind of annoying when you consider how long it's going to be already for the likes of the White Scars to turn up.

Sure, as a long term SW player, I share a desire to get working lists for every legion. However, equally, I'm in no rush to reach the Siege of Terra. :)

The question was asked about possibly seeing the legion pads start coming out ahead od the actual rules, so that people can work on armies whilst they await rules. The answer wasn't totally negative and they will look into it.

From the wording used I got the impression that theyve been specifically avoiding the 'big four' as they put it.

The question was asked about possibly seeing the legion pads start coming out ahead od the actual rules, so that people can work on armies whilst they await rules. The answer wasn't totally negative and they will look into it.

From the wording used I got the impression that theyve been specifically avoiding the 'big four' as they put it.

Maybe I missed this in a memo, but who's that? 

-Tarvik

Archived