7th Vauxhallian Renegades

Neigorath

Well, got a lot of cheap tonks, decided to start a traitor guard army a couple of months back.

IMAG0524.jpg

These will go to the first list:

IMAG0530.jpg

(Punisher, Executioner, Eradicator and 2x Battle tank)

Paint scheme will be along these routes:

IMAG0532.jpgYou can see some guardsmen on the right as well but their basic scheme is as follows.

igbeta2.php?b62c=@hMJwP_hQ9ge.hLKco@@@i8AsL@@@@@@@___..hQ76ThyvFn_hyvFnhaLvyiakk7&

• 3 weeks later...
First 1000 pts

IMAG0554.jpg

Squad 1:

IMAG0558.jpg

Squad 2:

IMAG0559.jpg

Armoured Sentinel:

IMAG0560.jpg

Vendetta:

IMAG0555.jpg

Right wing symbol of khorne went belly up, need to repaint the whole wing to fix it. Gah.

Executioner:

IMAG0556.jpg

Punisher:

IMAG0557.jpg

The text on the roof does not work, needs to be repainted after tourney.

Glory to Chaos! Renegades finish second in tournament. Lost to the winner and his wraith and annibarges of doom. Oh well. I'll get him next time...

IMAG0561.jpg

a very good looking force! the simple dirty paintsheme really fits the traitor guard very very well! the painted on symbols also don't show that hard from a distance (judging by the last pic), making it even harder for loyalist guards to see if you're a renegade or not! i like it!

now prepare to die, HERETIC! ;)

Nah, it wasn't too hard but I just noticed that the left one seems to be missing a piece. I did see one of those in one of my bitz boxes so I'll fix it today one I get back home.

I had to fight the tanks for the Hellhound I assembled for ETL II, they were bent out of shape and didn't fit each other nor the chassis... Nothing that brute force couldn't solve - a bit like the Guard's approach :P Glad yours were ok, looking forward to seeing them painted :)

I do have parts for one more helhound but it's tanks were stolen for my shadowsword project's engine.

Meanwhile, I spraycoated these. Big guns never tire!

IMAG0566.jpg

The Guardsmen look great. I love the weathering job on the soldiers and the tanks. The red looks especially nice on the shoulder pads (the smooth transition from light blood red to the dark, shaded gory red). Very weathered and crusty, and it makes the Guardsmen look like down-and-dirty Bloodpact troopers, so I approve!

I personally am not a big fan of the chaos graffiti. I think a decal might work better. As it stands, it just looks like it's been obviously drawn on with a marker, as oppose to a simulated graffiti.

Try experimenting with different ways to achieve a grafitti look. Maybe put some dark red in an airbrush and spay it with the smallest possible brush size. Or perhaps use a q-tip dipped in red paint, so it looks like the renegades splattered gore onto the tanks in the rough shape of heretical symbols.

• 1 month later...

I am building them a friend now. Also finished 2 LRBT's and one Eradicator but yet to photo them.

IMAG0573.jpg

Posing musings.

IMAG0574.jpg

Looks good.

UNDERCOAT TIME!

IMAG0575.jpg

Note: 12 year old citadel undercoat white gives an uneven spray and smells dreadful. :/

Love the pose there, if I can afford a second knight, that's the pose I was going to use as it's different from my current one.

Did you have trouble re-posing the leg? It was surprisingly simple to do the left leg on mine but the right leg looked a bit trickier due to it's existing pose.

Can't wait to see it looking all chaotic too ;)

Archived