The Wolf Lords Thread

Valerian

COOL LOOKING MODEL. 

Though 13th Co or not I am not sure at the level of Chaos that is shown.  Fluff will have to be AWESOME!

Thanks spjaco! I guess he does look quite Chaosy, but the arms and helmet will be painted in Space Wolves colours and at the end of the day are a pre-Heresy form of Terminator Armour, so I think fit in well with the 13th Company's origins/history. The suit itself will probably be painted in Word Bearers/World Eaters colours, just for how well they'll go with the dark grey of the 13th Company. Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons would work well too, but I think they'd have changed their armour colours by the time this Wolf Lord caught up with them, alas!

Welp, i alwyas loved TWC and when they gave Harald rules, and actual needed buffs to cavalry lists (stubborn? THANKS Outflaking? OH YES, Furious Charge, Whoa that's a ton)
Here's my Harald model, i love how the Guilliman Blue Glaze gives the "Ice" effect i wanted on his axe and cape
http://i.imgur.com/zT0L4ba.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/klyoVYl.jpg?1

And here's Kolr Coalmane my Wolf Guard battle leader (i was skeptic of running him as one isntead of a Wolf Lord, but in the last game he ATE everything threwn this way andeven sliced Draigo in two when he tried to challenge Harald)
He's a WGBL with Runic armor, TWM, SS and either SvellBrandr (I refuse to call it Fangsword of the Ice wolf) or Krakenbone Sword, depending if im running CoF or SW
http://i.imgur.com/oSV6Rvx.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/RiX42KE.jpg?1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

After throwing the broken Krakenbone Sword at Rune Priest Rhapsod's Feet during their altercation Bjorn  Swiftsword , Jarl of the 14th Great Company discarded the remains of his shattered stormshield , the mark upon it ruined  dented in by the rune priests weapon backed by Rhapsod's immense psychic power. Bjorn turned from the Runepriest and left to rejoin his forces. 

" Running from a battle Swiftsword ? Certainly not living up to your reputation."  

Upon being hailed by Rhapsod Bjorn looked over his shoulder to reply. 

" This fight is not finished Gothi I simply go to rearm , and call me Swiftsword no longer , when we are finished here  bring that trinket back to the Great Wolf , tell him that by your hand Bjorn swiftsword has died. It is Bjorn Crushclaw that leads the 14th  " 

tumblr_nj9g9ulluk1tdqdkto3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nj9g9ulluk1tdqdkto1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nj9g9ulluk1tdqdkto2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nj9g9ulluk1tdqdkto4_1280.jpg

tumblr_nmo1f6hch51tdqdkto1_540.jpg

• 1 month later...

Awesome, awesome, Epic!

Love all the kitbashes here! You all make the All father proud, I do not doubt!

Couple of the pics from when I was working on my Bran Redmaw.....

gallery_62728_7599_219392.jpg

gallery_62728_7599_1778083.jpg

And my first version of "the Redmaw"...
gallery_62728_7599_1336842.jpg

gallery_62728_7599_891695.jpg

The two aspects together...
gallery_62728_7599_1979799.jpg

But "the Redmaw" didn't really seem to fit the fluff. It described him as a 12 foot tall monstrous creature, so I tried something different....

gallery_62728_7599_833892.jpg

gallery_62728_7599_928372.jpg

Size comparison pic.....(with a few other characters thrown in)...
gallery_62728_7599_1408328.jpg

Hope you like em!

~BtW

Here are a couple of my Wolf Lords. First, is your standard krakenbone/fangsword TWL.

20141012 214023 LLS

Next is my rendition of Bran Redmaw, before and after.

20140706 113943

20140720 181440

20140720 181430

20140720 181419

May start running post bloodlust Redmaw as a PF/WC TWL as he has a fist and outstretched hand. He also does have a tail, it just was not attached at time of photo. As for the before form, I am thinking about a True Scale project for him based on Veteran Sergeant's posts, since he is my army's namesake. This version may be relegated to WGBL with Black Death.

i'd love to do a redmaw model, just got too much other stuff to work on first lol. here is my wolf lord on his mount. very pleased with him as im not the greatest painter.

Anyway, here he is about to hack the head from a dirty BA - Flesh eaters (counts as dantay?) model.  epic fight that was.

20150302_204409.jpg

I present.

First Captain, and former Master of the 6th Legion, Jarl Gunn, Captain of Onn Company, The Winter Wolf.

Also he will be used in 40K as Logan Grimnar smile.png

Hope you like, click on the pictures to expand them, and as always please provide some C&C!!

Thanks

Cloak detail
Aged skull
Wolf pelt detail

Ainar "Angry" Adalson - Jarl of the Sesc

Foot version with Frostblade and Stormshield

gallery_81331_10614_75376.jpg

gallery_81331_10614_60587.jpg

With Jump Pack with the Frost\Power Axe and a Storm Shield

gallery_81331_10614_75466.jpg

gallery_81331_10614_73615.jpg

TWC mounted with Power Sword and Power Fist

gallery_81331_10614_18955.jpg

gallery_81331_10614_68211.jpg

gallery_81331_10614_12597.jpg

and his personal heraldry used as a Company Mark

gallery_81331_10614_17754.jpg

Here are a couple of my Wolf Lords. First, is your standard krakenbone/fangsword TWL.

Next is my rendition of Bran Redmaw, before and after.

May start running post bloodlust Redmaw as a PF/WC TWL as he has a fist and outstretched hand. He also does have a tail, it just was not attached at time of photo. As for the before form, I am thinking about a True Scale project for him based on Veteran Sergeant's posts, since he is my army's namesake. This version may be relegated to WGBL with Black Death.

Damn nice! Love the way you did your Redmaw!! Makes me consider a bit of repaint or even tracking down that model and redoing it..... Speaking of, which model is that?? ;)

~BtW

Why thank you very much. You mean the post-transformation? That was a conversion between a thunderwolf and a daemon prince. Simply sawed off the hind quarters of the wolf, started melting daemon prince arms and legs into place with plastic cement, filing chaos stuff off, and cosmetic work with putty. I can't take creative credit for it, though. I found a similar conversion on a blog or facebook page but can't remember which one.

• 2 weeks later...

My countsas Logan model from before GW released the Santa kit. Not sure if I'll end up using him much or not but I really dig model.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/12/6/562852_md-Conversion%2C%20Grimnar%2C%20Kitbash%2C%20Logan%2C%20Logan%20Grimnar%2C%20Space%20Wolves.JPG

And another one I'm fooling a bit with, he will end up with either a pelt or a cape of some kind, but I really like how his pose came out.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2015/2/23/689660_md-Wolf%20Lord.JPG

Archived