Land Raiders with Sanctuary.

TGS (MASSIVE!!!)

Doomfists

Mordrak & Thawn

Nemesis Weapons

Paladin as Troops

Psybolts (again)

Mindstrikes

Rad & Psycho 'nades (but the Dangels keep their Rads...)

We've gained some points reductions to force a couple of no brainer units onto us (GKT and NDK).  This is not a good thing.

Edit: At 33 points a pop, you will not take Strikes over GKT.  You probably won't even take Pruifiers.  With the nerf to Psycannons and their lack of Deep Strike (and our transports becoming more expensive).

Edit:

It's ok.  We were balanced on our own right.

Personally, I think I'll just play unbound and load my GKT into Space Wolf Drop Pods.

Forge that Narrative!

I think GL has the right of it sad to say. I expected some of these changes but not all of them, and we've got nothing new in return. I think pure GK is going to find it quite tough going unfort, especially for anti-tank.

Let me put my pessimist hat on for a second; I beg to differ IT051. I feel like my entire army has been undone. Strikes are more expensive, psycannons are worse (and more expensive), purifiers didn't really change (but got more expensive), Rifledreads got more expensive, and we lost psybolts. Those are pretty much the bread and butter of my army right there. While it's nice that GKTs got a huge price break, I don't own any of them. I already own about 5000pts of DW, and I don't really want (or need) another terminator army. *removes pessimist hat*

Overall, these changes are...interesting. Some were expected, and some came out of nowhere. I'm really curious to see how the community handles them.

If I had to guess, we lost rads due to hammer hand being +2 now plus the halberd being +1

Edit: true, it's easier for me to be positive because I'm still half way into building most of my army, so I can account for these changes. I do feel bad for people staring down the prospect of remodeling good chunks of their army :/

Will see when the dust has settled. Right now I feel like back when 6th ed tyranids were released. Hope till the very last second and massive disappointment afterwards. :(

My hopes are on codex =][= if the rumors are true. Will try to play =][= + GK then. Maybe.

So on top of everything, our vehicles have also lost psychic pilot (even though there is LITERALLY a psychic pilot).

Looks like I hate life now...

Unless I missed something we still have psychic pilot, atleast our dreads do, haven't seen a comment on transports

Looks like they really want us to spam NDK in the future. I've never been fielding more than one before as i felt they were a bit cheesy but now when they take away so much AND make the NDK cheaper, it seems NDKs with PT is how to play this from now on.

Do they retain "jump" from the PT by the way?

Do they retain "jump" from the PT by the way?

Yup.  Shunt remains for Interceptors and the NDK (with a PT).

Unless I missed something we still have psychic pilot, atleast our dreads do, haven't seen a comment on transports

Dreads are still psychic pilots, but everything else is just a normal vehicle (and received the appropriate price change). The Dread still has Sanctuary and Banishment.The higher price from C:SM is likely to accomodate the Aegis and Psychic Pilot (Reinforced Aegis is gone, not that it really did much after the FAQ).

So on top of everything, our vehicles have also lost psychic pilot (even though there is LITERALLY a psychic pilot).

Dreads are still psychic pilots, but everything else is just a normal vehicle (and received the appropriate price change).

EDIT: GL beat me to it!

Quote from brovius on the previous page.

"Dreads are still psychic pilots, but everything else is just a normal vehicle (and received the appropriate price change)."

Said everything else is just a normal vehicle. Meaning that even our vehicles are nurfed..

I used to give rhinos/razorbacks to squads that were deepstriking/hiding in terrain (so not using them) just to give me extra warp dice to help dispel mass summonings.

That's another nerf to my army/strategy. So on top of model butchery (removing psycannons from power armour) rhinos have no purpose with first turn deepstrikes

EDIT

you all beat me too it! Lmao

Yup. Shunt remains for Interceptors and the NDK (with a PT).

Well then, we can always entertain ourselves by shunting NDKs and a couple of squads of Interceptors in their faces and deep strike a couple of squads of "cheap" terminators right up there on turn one without scattering (homers on the shunters) and watxh their despair :)

Yup. Shunt remains for Interceptors and the NDK (with a PT).

Well then, we can always entertain ourselves by shunting 3 NDKs and a couple of squads of Interceptors in their faces and deep strike a couple of squads of "cheap" terminators right up there on turn one without scattering (homers on the shunters) and watxh their despair smile.png

Unfortunately, DS happens before movement, so this won't work. However, if you can scout/infiltrate some guys up there it would work.

I'm going to categorically reject these rumors until I have a physical copy in my hand. Not that I'm down on you, Brovius--you've done us all a favor by giving us these bits first-hand--but I have to retain the hope that everything I loved about the GK codex hasn't just dropped out.

Losing Psyammo, (the majority of) Psychic Pilots, TGS, special characters (we've never had particularly good SC's aside from the Inquisitors), decent nemesis weapons, Reinforced Aegis, and mindstrike missiles (which was the only thing that really separated our Stormraven now) is too much.

If GW was gonna gut our codex of Inquisition models, then thats fine, but they should have given us something to make GK's stand out.

This is probably going to go down for me like how my Tau army did.

Pretty much nothing is going to change for my army:  I will get more Terminators...and that will be it.  Just like with my Tau-after they released Farsight Enclaves, I got more Crisis suits.

We're still the only terminators with grenades that I know of.  Yeah, we can't run people down, but that's not been an issue.  We will still probably have more Warp Charges than anyone else.

Not without Psychic Pilots, which is where a lot of our warp charge-points efficiency came from. Let's also not forget that AP2 is a dime-a-dozen now. More Terminators was a horrible option for us before, and it still will be now. Even with a points reduction there's just not enough bodies.

The only real changes that I see for my army is that I'll:

• probably introduce a second Nemesis Dreadknight and drop both Dreadnoughts
  • build a Paladin squad to use, based on the significant drop in price for the Apothecary
  • use the Faction-specific Detachment (Nemesis Strike Force) for all of the Deep Striking fun

Kk well I havnt seen it mentioned yet but, does anyone else see that cleansing flame (has soul blaze), an incinerator (now has soul blaze) and purifiers melee attacks now cause soul blaze as a pretty bonkers combo for a 1 of assault unit out of a stormraven with Crowe attached? Or am I mistaken in thinking soul blaze is good?

Archived