Grey Knights 7e Codex Rumor

Valerian

Did I miss something or did we loose orbital strike?? Figured that would be a GM thing like SM dex

EDIT: also just saw the rumors were wrong about doubling up on dreadknight weapons, still says only one of each

also just saw the rumors were wrong about doubling up on dreadknight weapons, still says only one of each

Didn't notice you couldn't double up on ranged weapons. I guess I should read the whole line tongue.png Lame!

edited for my lack of reading skills.

Since Techmarines have access to the Relics, I could see they being taken with the Fury of Deimos in a water warrior-style list, sitting at the back of the board with a 36" assault 3 master-crafted, precision striking Storm Bolter tapping away at enemies. For what looks like a pretty average relic at first (I missed the range increase on the first flick-through), it's the same price as master-crafting a weapon.

I omitted the points from my posts as well, just to be on the safe side. You're all welcome for the info, I hope now with that German and /tg/ leaks posted that the rest of you believe me ;)

Tank hunting with the dreadknight still is awsome with the heavy psycannon boost because the dreadknight has relentless you get 6 shots in concentrated mode with heavy Psycannon, the charge in with 4 attacks on a master crafted strength x2 great sword for 205 alleged PTS lol that sounds like a good deal to me, I could have just inhaled to many hobby glue fumes tonight though lol

So should purifiers even take special shooting weapons any more? Salvo really hinders them

I'm asking myself the same question, and wondering if I might want to just go with 2x Incinerators for the 10 man Squad, instead of the 4x Psycannon.  I suppose it depends on what you want them to do for you.  If it's sit in the middle and form a base of fire, then you'd still want the old load out, as they wouldn't be moving much anyway, but Cleansing Flame and all of their other benefits just beg for them to get into melee, so....

I'm still mulling it over.  

With the reduction in Incinerator cost for Interceptors, though, I'm definitely trading out on them, for a nice "shunt 'n burn' maneuver.  

V

I'd just take minimum squads or max in combat squads with melee weapons for warp charge spam.

Yeah, now that we don't need to 'pool' together to get best efficiency on the now nonexistent Psybolt upgrade, I can think of no reason not to Combat Squad everything you can (if not just take small Squads of 5 to get more Justicars on the board).

V

I think one interesting combo will be as follows:

Take Bone Shard of Solor and Armor of Martyrs on your GM for the same total price as a PF.

Next, ally in an Eldar detachment (allies of convenience for all Imperium forces) and take an Avatar of Khaine as your HQ. Keep the Avatar within 12" of your GM so they can "tag team" against enemy units... Since the Avatar has the Daemon USR, that means that your GM goes up to a 2+/3++ save (thanks to Bone Shard of Solor), plus IWND and FNP(5+) .... Between GK primary and Eldar ally you should have lots of Warp Charges and Eldar can help a lot with anti tank (i.e. Fire Dragons, Fire Prisms, Wraithguard) and anti-Flyer (Crimson Hunters, War Walkers with massed Scatter Lasers, Dark Reapers with Flak Missiles, etc) that GKs might struggle with a bit.

I think one interesting combo will be as follows:

Take Bone Shard of Solor and Armor of Martyrs on your GM for the same total price as a PF.

Next, ally in an Eldar detachment (allies of convenience for all Imperium forces) and take an Avatar of Khaine as your HQ. Keep the Avatar within 12" of your GM so they can "tag team" against enemy units... Since the Avatar has the Daemon USR, that means that your GM goes up to a 2+/3++ save (thanks to Bone Shard of Solor), plus IWND and FNP(5+) .... Between GK primary and Eldar ally you should have lots of Warp Charges and Eldar can help a lot with anti tank (i.e. Fire Dragons, Fire Prisms, Wraithguard) and anti-Flyer (Crimson Hunters, War Walkers with massed Scatter Lasers, Dark Reapers with Flak Missiles, etc) that GKs might struggle with a bit.

The wording in the Relics of Titan section sounds like it eliminates the ability to have more than one Relic per model.

"A model may purchase one of the following:"

Note: Daemonhammers and Nemesis Greatsword upgrades for the Dreadknight have some significant advantages...

Not only due they give Concussive and Mastercrafted (respectively), but they both have the Force and Daemnbane rules (unlike the pair of PFs that the Dreadknight comes with naturally), meaning that they can expend Warp charges to cause ID against T6 units (think Riptides, Wraithknights, Tyranid MCs, etc.) and also become much better against Daemons, in essence gaining Shred and Tank Hunter vs any unit with the Daemon USR.

For the price of a MB for the Daemonhammer and two MBs for the Greatsword, I think one of these upgrades is basically an auto include for any Dreadknight.

What does spiritual purity Do?

Allows you to cast sanctic powers without perilling on doubles that aren't 6s. So pretty much the same thing the BRB said, they just added it to the codex for clarity I guess.

Archived