Bannockburn's hobby projects - 5th Company, DW, and more

Go to solution Solved by Cpt. Bannockburn,

Nice work Brother; but please keep it 40k based here, even if hidden :wink:

Don't worry, that's not going to become a habit :wink:

My Contemptor arrived and I spent the day building and magnetizing it and the various weapons I also ordered.

JvJqxLi.jpg

Yes, those are actual Volkite Culverins from FW. They were available on the 26th for about 5min. 

Needs some positioning now and then I can start priming and painting. Only one armor plate for the launcher is a bit bent, so I'll have to do a small blow dryer / hot water operation to fix that. Otherwise the quality was really good.

Edited by Cpt. Bannockburn

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I haven't painted in a few months, but now that our Primarch is due to arrive I ordered myself a new chapter master and done some preliminary work! 

cA0jtZd.jpg

IUC5pn6.jpg

As you can see, there's some company as well. Since I don't like the winged helmet worn, I decided to strip my old metal Watcher and today I primed (or re-primed) everything that's related to everything Primarch.

Edited by Cpt. Bannockburn

• 2 weeks later...

Tried experimenting a bit with burgundy robes for the Watchers in preparation for the Lion (if I can ever get one :furious:). I think I like it, but need to refine it a bit with highlights, obviously.

rhMEcNn.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

l0RnPnR.jpg

Cleaned up a bit, almost tabletop ready apart from hair and sword blade. 

Will take him a bit beyond that, though, after all he's a pretty centerpiece until I get the primarch at some unforeseeable point in the future.

Yes, I'm still mad at GW for the scarcity.

Fw1IPVR.jpg

I finished the green armor today and I'm quite pleased with the smooth gradients I achieved for that. Unfortunately I'm still bad at photography so you'll have to take my word for it. The rest is now base coloured and thus tabletop ready. 

• 3 weeks later...

XkPEtw0.jpg

He's getting close to being finished now. The robes and details are painted and subsequently made dirty again, It's only the reds, the skin, and the sword missing, followed by a bit more weathering and finally basing.

• 2 weeks later...

And I'm done with him.

I'm especially proud of the light battle damage (visible e.g. on his fauld) and trying something new with the power sword. I'm pretty sure I didn't really put the highlights in the right positions, but it looks striking at least.

The aged leather was also a new thing for me to try, but it didn't really come out as good as I hoped. Well enough, I suppose. 

41Vr5sP.jpgNDyTm78.jpg

Next up, while waiting for the Primarch re-release, I'll take a crack at Cypher

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SbMn9qX.jpg

First time doing something more than priming and base colours with the airbrush. I tried some highlighting gradients to gain a bit of confidence and use it more.

e9HbzFw.jpg

I caved and bought Bladeguard Veterans. 6 of them, to be exact, and I'm going to paint them in the same armour colour as the Lion, who arrives Saturday for me. Finally. 

I use this guy as a test mini and I like the armour hue, trying to get close to the box art of Jonson himself. Needs some more highlighting, obviously, but other than that it looks pretty neat. At least when not looked at zoomed in.

I also made a list of all my stuff, to be painted, finished, and still to be bought:

image.thumb.png.ff3ede557d2c560077b2c3fd970a10fc.png

image.thumb.png.4755adaf201796c8844995df8d078d43.png

image.thumb.png.15829001ffb9a8a4b9406c8a99f832c5.png

image.thumb.png.9f85800f92e277af522c9828bc144647.png

image.thumb.png.e4fd929c60bb995247e65e28c8d9aa98.png

Not an app, just a website with what's basically an automated Excel sheet as a project tracker. Easy to share, and edit, but you have to log in with either a Twitch or YouTube account.

It's called Pile of Potential.

Someone else recommended an App called Brushrage to me, but I haven't used it personally, nor even taken a look at it so far.

A8Tf1B1.jpg

And here we have the complete project: Lion El'Jonson and his Lionguard, comprised of 6 Risen (Bladeguard Veterans with DA Bits, nothing fancy).

Head options are magnetized, however I am unsure if I want to have the Iron Halo thing at all.

Similarly I'm not sure if I want the fancy sculpted base or create my own one with a forest theme. If I opt to use it, I think I may have to build a full diorama instead.

They'll also get a ride at some point, probably a Repulsor Executioner, but that's only after I painted them all up.

Does anyone have suggestions for the right shoulder decals for the guard?