[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

Well I  wont argue that,  I run 1500 point games of ZM often  and he is more often my HQ  ( Pollux is used occasionally) Sigismund's abilities in close combat and the buff he gives to non unwieldy weapons can be insane when you charge a unit then explain to yer opponent that yer striking first with more than just Sigismund himself. 

That being said , I have dropped games on  sheer lack of numbers , while sigismund and his unit butchered everything in their path some opponents were able to just feed them bodies till they choked or  avoid them quite well. 

Im definitely not saying dont run him  Im just curious as to how folks structure their lists at 1000 points with him involved. I posted my two examples just on the fly, id certainly like to see something more thought out.  

I made this for Giggles.

+++ IF ZM 1k (1000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List ((Zone Mortalis) Combatant) ++

+ HQ +

Sigismund

+ Troops +

Templar Brethren [4x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, 4x Templar Brethren]
··Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

Templar Brethren [4x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, 4x Templar Brethren]
··Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]

+ Heavy Support +

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [VII: Imperial Fists]
Edited by Slipstreams

I wish ZM was more prevalent in my local meta. I don't know of anyone in a 50 mile radius with a table although our club is planning to invest.

That being said, Polux.

I have a huge game to be played on the 2nd with my Fists, solar Auxilia, and I believe a Knight ally. Against Word Bearers and Sons of Horus. And yes they will probably bring one if not both of the primarchs.

This is the list of stuff I have open to me, as you may know I'm still early doors with my project but I am using a friends 40k army as stand in at the minute.

Polux

50 odd tacticals, with the odd heavy weapon guy to make vets.

5 shield and hammer termies

5 Calth termies (not built yet, advice please)

10 Phalanx Wardens

5 HB heavy support guys

1 vindicator

1 Land Raider Phobos

1 Mortis Contemptor with duel Kheres

1 normal dread, ladcannon and ML

Aegis Defence Line.

The Calth Contemptor (not built, advice please)

Kurtha Sedd whom I intend to turn into a consul but no clue which one yet, thoughts?

Help me. And how is best to use Polux?

Edited by Frostmourne

what we can use leviathan in ZM I thought they where on 80mm bases so disallowed

Until we get clarification, only MCs on 80mm or larger arent allowed.

In zm, having long range doesn't really help you since you can always just Skirt around corners and hide out of LoS due to the nature of Corridors. You never want to walk down a long hallway; take it from me from firsthand experience.

Besides, just screen the Templar with the Leviathan for the Most part and you're golden. Av13 and a 4++ means that he can take a beating and is immune to most anti-infantry weapons.

He also has two Heavy Flamers who gain Shred for Free since its ZM and if you're playing with the Pseudo-Rending Rules for ZM, your army being pure 2+ armor and Av13 means they're immune to the rule.

It also means that unless your up against other 2+ saves or Void-Hardened armor, your BS5 Bolt Pistols (Which are just 1 shot 12" range bolters) get Rending.

Edited by Slipstreams

It makes Brutal ZM EVEN MORE BRUTAL.

And since you can only take RoWs in ZM if your group is ok with it, not everyone can legally make a 2+ only Army; it would require a character unlocking them as troops, Sigismund, in this case doing just that.

It also makes units like Salamander Flamers disgusting  since they now have S+1, Shred and Rending.

It also brings units like Phalanx Warders and Breachers to the forefront due to their Void-Hardened armor protecting them from it. Even more so when you start using the Damage Tables for rooms exploding and stuff.

Edited by Slipstreams

As per the most recent FaQ update (the date of this post) Tartaros Terminators can Sweep. They are now the strongest candidate for Storm Shields for us, imo.

As per the most recent FaQ update (the date of this post) Tartaros Terminators can Sweep. They are now the strongest candidate for Storm Shields for us, imo.

It's definitely better but DANG, it's expensive! I'm no Fists player but I got curious after the Tartaros buff, and wow I so didn't realize Storm Shields were more expensive for Tartaros than Cataphractii. It's still not Firedrake or missile Fulmentarus expensive but it gets high fast. Might be the kind of unit to not run at max size or only play in huge games, because a full 10 w/ shields plus Sigi and a Spartan will run you over 1k points for one deathstar and is probably complete overkill.

It is a good unit for Sigi to chill with though now that they can sweep with him. Having a handful of power swords in the unit can benefit from his initiative bonus too. Maybe even mauls if you want to hunt 2+ save units, as the swords weren't going to negate those anyway. Combo w/ rad FL in Tartaros for I5 S6 ID on a charge? Gal Vorbak will always do it better because rending, but OTOH Gal Vorbak aren't 2+/3++ in melee.

3 MB vs 2MB for shields isnt that much when you consider that you can Run and Sweep and end up with the Same Invulnerable Save Value.

Most Deathstar Terminator Units in a Spartan run near-or-over 1k points if you give them all the toys so nothing new.

Edited by Slipstreams

Dont let your dreams be dreams  ey Slips

If I had the ~900$ Required to buy a Thunderhawk and the inclination to build it and subsequently paint it gold, I would have.

Sadly, I dont. Or the money at least.

Still, 600 pts for what the Aetos Dios is is a bargain! Especially since its a 2 for 1 LoW Slot.