Ophelia VII, I believe.

And seems legit. I do like the idea of Thorian Conflagrators, though.

The Sons of Calderon are also God-Emperor-fearing folk, so perhaps these two Chapters represent the split within the Liberite Chapters (and probably extent as well). If you would like the Conflagrators to be anti-Vandire (whether at the end, from the beginning, whatever), the Sons can be pro.

Goge was of the Administratum, but he weaseled the leader of the Church until he had total power.

Leave it to a desk jockey, eh?

Exactly. He was motivated (against the Ecclesiarchy at the time prior to him assuming power), calculating and, before long, madder than a bag of cats. 

Ophelia VII, I believe.

Aha. Seven. I knew it was around that (I was thinking six, tbh).

And seems legit. I do like the idea of Thorian Conflagrators, though.

The Sons of Calderon are also God-Emperor-fearing folk, so perhaps these two Chapters represent the split within the Liberite Chapters (and probably extent as well). If you would like the Conflagrators to be anti-Vandire (whether at the end, from the beginning, whatever), the Sons can be pro.

I think the way I would like them to evolve on this matter is that they're firstly pro-Vandire and then (let's say fifty years into his reign) they suddenly become horribly, horribly anti-Vandire. Frothingly anti-Vandire. So anti-Vandire that they'd seriously consider attacking those that are still vocally in support of him. 

It's entirely plausible that some of the Liberites would rather stay out of the mess - seeing it as politics at it's worst or something - and finding better things to do like destroy xenos or renegades.

Renegades are welcome, I think, Scion. Would they be in the currently fleshed out era, or later on? I assume, given the context of your post, it would be the former. :happy.:

Right, so while we're waiting on other attacks on Lion territory to be written out and presented, let's see how people think their chapters would align themselves during the Reign of Blood:

My Conflagrators would be Pro-Vandire and then vehemently Anti-Vandire.

The Sons of Calderon would be Pro-Vandire.

The Eagles of Glory would Neutral and then Anti-Vandire.

The Black Falcons would be Anti-Vandire.

The Scarlet Sentinels would be very Anti-Vandire.

The All-Seers would be Neutral.

The Blackjaw Kindred would be Pro-Vandire.

The Iron Ravagers would be Pro-Vandire and then Anti-Vandire

Bear in mind your allegiances and outlooks, brothers. The Iron Ravagers, for example, probably wouldn't want to get involved as their interest lies with the Mechanicus rather than the Ecclesiarchy. I could be proven wrong, however, as they aren't my chapter. :wink:

Aegnor - It's a little more in-depth than necessary, I feel. We don't need to know how heavy they are (or other details such as they get distressed when being slaughtered) - I think that section can be simplified and shortened reasonably easily. They share similarities with humans and should be considered abominations (like all xenos). 

We may even see them die out entirely. Not sure yet. I'm thinking of something along the lines of them showing uo to several major engagements and sacrificing themselves to ensure a victory. They may or may not be successful.

The dying out part grabs my attention. I hadn't considered one of the Liber Chapters becoming extinct. My advice would be to decimate them somehow - perhaps on the receiving end of the Lions' wrath after a disastrous attack on their territory, and then the Chapter (reduced to, say, less than a hundred members) decides that honour and glory can still be theirs by making one last attack at Evin Prime, intent on decapitating the Lions leadership. Just a thought. :smile.:

Olisredan- I would not be against something like that as long as the others involved agree. Brother Dizzyeye is also going to get with me on some ideas he has for them. 

I was also thinking maybe they could be reduced to something like three squads worth of Marines. Then an Inquisitor finds them and employs them as part of his house troops with the intent of building his own personal force of Astartes(or is that too far out?). The stealth and infiltration aspect of the Black Falcons would go in hand with the tactics that are regularly imployed by the Inquisition. Something like a foil for the Sereiki Lions who were instrumental in the demise of the Falcons. Possibly the remaining Black Falcons agree to work with said Inquisitor in the hopes of revenge on the Lions.

Aegnor - It's a little more in-depth than necessary, I feel. We don't need to know how heavy they are (or other details such as they get distressed when being slaughtered) - I think that section can be simplified and shortened reasonably easily. They share similarities with humans and should be considered abominations (like all xenos). 

We may even see them die out entirely. Not sure yet. I'm thinking of something along the lines of them showing uo to several major engagements and sacrificing themselves to ensure a victory. They may or may not be successful.

The dying out part grabs my attention. I hadn't considered one of the Liber Chapters becoming extinct. My advice would be to decimate them somehow - perhaps on the receiving end of the Lions' wrath after a disastrous attack on their territory, and then the Chapter (reduced to, say, less than a hundred members) decides that honour and glory can still be theirs by making one last attack at Evin Prime, intent on decapitating the Lions leadership. Just a thought. :smile.:

Olisredan- I would not be against something like that as long as the others involved agree. Brother Dizzyeye is also going to get with me on some ideas he has for them. 

I was also thinking maybe they could be reduced to something like three squads worth of Marines. Then an Inquisitor finds them and employs them as part of his house troops with the intent of building his own personal force of Astartes(or is that too far out?). The stealth and infiltration aspect of the Black Falcons would go in hand with the tactics that are regularly imployed by the Inquisition. Something like a foil for the Sereiki Lions who were instrumental in the demise of the Falcons. Possibly the remaining Black Falcons agree to work with said Inquisitor in the hopes of revenge on the Lions.

I think, if the Inquisitor wishes to requisition them, then the narrative will have to be favourable. For example - a lack of officers above the rank of sergeant and/or various promises for vengeance (like you mentioned) or help to keep the chapter alive. They probably would not want to stay with the Inquisitor indefinitely unless he descends into mustache-twirling territory and manipulates them.

Also, something near a company would sound better than just three squads. At least at almost company strength the Falcons can attempt to maintain some identity and even do something meaningful as their last hurrah (should you so wish a last hurrah.)

What with the Black Falcons and the Doomsayers taking grievously heavy losses, I'd say the Lions are looking a lot less like a punching bag and more like a proper threat now. No offence, Heathens. :P

Definite food for thought... And from what I've read of The Lions, I haven't viewed them as punching bags at all but rather the main antagonist in the Cluster. They are bunch of nasty individuals who are worthy of eradication by honest Emperor fearing loyalists. :tongue.:

I think initially the Eagles would be indifferent to Vandire, but as his treachery becomes evident they openly oppose him and his lackies. The Eagles venerate the God-Emperor to the same degree the AdMech venerates the Omnissiah, and abhor any heretic who turns away from the divine light of the Emperor.

I'm tempted to have the Blackjaw Kindred be pro-Vandire...except given how out there their beliefs are I can't really see the Frateris Templars even saying "Hey guys what's up?" before opening fire on them.

The Sentinels, like their predecessors in the Imperial Fists and cousins in the Black Templars, are very anti-Vandire. I imagine only the Liber Cluster's distance from everything going on back home and their duties here prevent them from joining their brothers on Sebastian Thor's Righteous Roadtrip to Terratm(though I imagine if any of the Liber Chapters were pro-Vandire there'd be more than a few "incidents" between them and the Sentinels). :laugh.:

Hmm. I wonder if anyone is going to be brave (except Cormac's Sons) and back Vandire to the end of his reign? 

The Sentinels have been added (with the 'very', no less).

Hmm. I wonder if anyone is going to be brave (except Cormac's Sons) and back Vandire to the end of his reign?

The Sentinels have been added (with the 'very', no less).

Actually, that could work . . . Oh yes, it could.

Eh, screw it.

Grandfather Baptiste:

"Tell me somethin'; cher. What be greater, five or one?

Scarlet Sentinel:

"I assume that you have a point with this inquiry. And you will come to that point in short order, yes?"

Baptiste:

*raises an open hand*

"Five."

*closes it into a fist*

"One. Imperium needs to come together. Enough of dis feuding and carrying on. The Kin stand with de High Lord of Terra on dis."

Archived