Organization and Beliefs for the Black Falcons, let me know if you think anything should be changed.

Black Falcons:[/size]

Organization:[/size]

Due to recent losses of manpower but the support of the Eagles of Glory in the form of war material, the Black Falcons have reorganized their companies significantly from standard codex compliance. Thanks to the Eagles’ support, the Black Falcons are very well armed, even though they have few veterans. This has led to the allowance of non veterans to use tactical dreadnought armour in combat and the formation of a tank company. The few remaining members of the first company have been split up amongst the 8 companies the Black Falcons now maintain.[/size]

The 2nd through 6th companies that make up the 5 battle companies now include 3 scout squads, 3 assault squads, 3 tactical squads, and 1 devastator squad. The 1st company contains 3 Terminator squads, 5 devastator squads, and 2 assault squads often heavily armed. The 7th company is a tank company consisting of roughly 50 space marines including the chapter’s techmarines. The 8th company is a scout company and functions similarly to the 10th company of many more conventional chapters. The 1st and 7th companies are often fielded separately and dispersed amongst the 5 battle companies, but some occasions warrant their deployment on the battlefield as a unit. One such occasion saw the 7th company fielded alone as a unit of razorbacks, vindicators, and predators storming across the fields of Parcath through a series of Necron fortifications. This event earned them the moniker of the “Linebreaker” company.[/size]

Beliefs:[/size]

The large number of recruits the chapter has needed to take in during such a short period of time has resulted in several aspects of Scythian culture working their way into the chapter. Foremost perhaps, the Emperor is often referred to as the Sky King, even though all the recruits are taught the ‘truth’ about him. Furthermore, the newest Black Falcons have taken to wearing the ruined xenos tech and knives used in their recruitment as talismans. They are often affixed to armour as a ward against alien interference. These changes have lead to a division between the older marines and the new. So far this division has not lead to many difficulties, but as the percentage of battle brothers subscribing to the new belief structure increases, it remains to be seen whether these differences will strengthen the chapter through flexibility or weaken it through infighting.[/size]

Sanguine-Knight, if you tap on your own posts (assuming you are using a phone with a touchscreen), you will see an edit button that will let you, well, edit your post.

On a related note, are you still having problems posting the Black Falcons colors? If so, I can post them and Olisredan can edit it into their original post.

Eh, screw it.

Brave move. Also one that will jeopardise the relations between them and the Conflagrators. Hey, look, an evolving relationship. ^_^

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaplain-Devotee Remis, now High Reclusiarch, had known all along those Kindred couldn't be trusted. He knew, Lord Hellfyre knew and most of the Devoted in the chapter knew. Remis briefly thought of Raldasche, long dead on Zavatista, along with his welcoming ways with the heathens too. Not only had he been wrong, he'd underestimated the Kindred. They all did. Those jackals had walked in the halls of the Conflagrators, had shared the hearth with them. Now it turned out that they were in league with a heretic and a liar. 

The High Reclusiarch stalked the stone halls, quiet during the mandatory rest period. He continued to think further. They had to see the light, even if it had to be brought to them by fire and blade. Lying with a snake, even one that sat on Terra, deserved penitence and repenting. The Conflagrators had excoriated themselves raw for remaining in league with his cronies, his devils, for so long. To have the veil lifted was shocking to them, stunning even. They had been so blind to the atrocities that Vandire had perpetrated, it could hardly be believed. But no more. The Conflagrators were righteous, if nothing else. They would dismantle the false prophet's holding here in the Cluster and put his loyalists to the sword.

Lord Hellfyre had agreed with everything Remis had suggested. Full mobilisation. They would even rouse the population of Cardinalis and bring them on the Crusade. Astropathic messages would be sent to those Remis knew Vandire had slighted. The ones that chafed against his rule. Not too long ago the Conflagrators had derided them for their lack of faith. Now it was time to eat those words, spoken under the spell of false loyalty. They would burn the Vandirists. Whether on the field or on stakes, they would burn. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More details on Lord Hellfyre and the outlook of the Conflagrators leadership during the Reign of Blood tomorrow.

LORD HELLFYRE, PURGATOR OF THE DAMNED AND THE INFERNO THAT RAZED A HUNDRED WORLDS TO ASH, DEMANDS THIS ORDEAL BE DEALT WITH AMICABLY AND WITH BOTH PARTIES' BEST INTERESTS IN MIND, FOR THE GOOD OF ALL IN THE EMPEROR'S NAME.

Lord Hellfyre.

Somehow, I have the faintest inkling of a notion of a hunch that he won't be suggesting matters be resolved with strenuous negotiations and compromise.

Honestly, I don't think diplomacy is a valid means of relation in the eyes of any of the Conflagators.

Lord Hellfyre.

Somehow, I have the faintest inkling of a notion of a hunch that he won't be suggesting matters be resolved with strenuous negotiations and compromise.

My, my, how did you guess? :lol:

Yeah, he's the Chapter Master from some point between the Eighteen Worlds Crusade and the Reign of Blood. Before that, his predecessor was less... strenuous in his zeal. Hellfyre also has advisors like Remis to stoke his faith and hatred, with few moderate voices (voices of reason?) to ameliorate the passion and bloodthirst of their more zealous brothers. To use American political parlance, the leadership is full of hawks.

I think the Iron Ravagers would be initially supportive of Vandire as he is the incumbent and they would be opposed to rebellion and division. They'd see a lot of the concerns others had about him as irrelevant and not worth throwing out the workings of the Imperium. But I think they'd reach a point where they'd realise he was disruptive/destructive and then become strongly opposed (possibly particularly so because they'd feel they had erred in ever supporting him).

It's gonna be fun to see what happens to the Crusade against the Eighteen Worlds when the Vandire split cuts through the Imperial forces while they are fully engaged against the Lions. I'm imagining three way warzones, crossfires between sworn enemies and once-friendly allies....

...Oh man, this is gonna be fun.  :)

It's gonna be fun to see what happens to the Crusade against the Eighteen Worlds when the Vandire split cuts through the Imperial forces while they are fully engaged against the Lions. I'm imagining three way warzones, crossfires between sworn enemies and once-friendly allies....

...Oh man, this is gonna be fun. :)

This campaign is after that. It should split the Liber Cluster reclamation, but the current timeline would have it earlier than this campaign against the Lions. It's part of the reasoning for why it takes the Imperium so long to reach them.

Emergency Message: Code Vermillion Alpha

Verified Sender (Blood-Locked): Inquisitor Grendel Ross, Senior Liber Cell Leader

Ordo Hereticus, Liber Cluster

Received by: Senior Astropath Finian Servian, Liber Crusade Fleet

Intercept from destruction of Explorator Fleet Grond.

Addendum:  Purge all systems after receiving this message!!!

Explorator Fleet Grond consisting of the remains of an Ark Mechanicus and attendant derelicts was recently salvaged and this information was de-coded from the remains.  The entirety of the Explorator Fleet was then subsequently scuttled by driving it into a {Classified Omega Omega} Star.

Maximillian DeWitt - Forge-Lord of Lelith Secondus

No images of the Forge-Lord exist!  He resists all forms of image capture due to his mastery of Heretek manipulation.  The Forge-Lord rules Lelith Secundus with absolute authority within his re-mit with the Lion himself.  It is beleived that he has control of anything he touches with his Tech-Heretek dominion...

Explorator Fleet Grond was ultimately found to have been infected with a scrap-code copy of the obliterator virus that utilised advanced trojan capabilities.

Classified: Omega Omega.

Purge all systems after receiving this message!!!

No Doomsayers left in the cluster at that point for a stance on this. When the rest shall return I'm unsure, maybe when the vandire incident is over and they're least expected. With their other not so impressive Battle Barge looking for the "Awaiting Doom"

The Kindred remind me so much of the Darkspear trolls. I love it.

Awww....I was shooting from Troy Landry and his bunch from "Swamp People". :sad.:

"CHOOT'EM, DEVASTATUH SQUAD!"

I just imagined Gambit's Thief kin from the old X-Men cartoon of the 90s - good ol' Cajun boys.

Speculative timeline, because people asked for one:

401.M34 - The Howling. Rogue Trader House Barandion loses half of it's fleet and a war of succession begins. 
328.M35 - First settlement of the Liber Cluster. 
?.M35 - The Sereiki Lions disappear from the greater Imperium
443.M35 - The Sereiki Lions reappear in the Liber Cluster [Possibly needs to be advanced a century.]
514.M35 - Final settlement fleet of the 'first wave' sent by the Imperium.
527.M35 - Last contact with the Liber Cluster. The Silence begins.
988.M35 - House Barandion taken over by Lady Ysbeta. Soon after the entire House departs for the Liber Cluster. 
991.M35 - The 21st (cursed) Founding begins.
001.M36 - The 'second wave' of settlement into the Liber Cluster begins.
c.188.M36 - The Reign of Blood Begins. [This date is entirely speculation on my part because Vandire's reign lasts seventy years and, plausibly, the earliest age Thor could be to overthrow him is about twenty, thus this date has been extrapolated to be fifty years before the birth of Thor.]
238.M36 - Sebastian Thor is born.
c. 250-300.M36 - The Eighteen Worlds Crusade against the Sereiki Lions begins.
c.258.M36 - Vandire is Killed and Thor becomes Ecclesiarch. The Reign of Blood ends.
270.M36 - Sebastian Thor leaves Terra to tour the Imperium for 80 years.
350.M36 - Sebastian Thor returns to Terra and dies six months later at the age of 112.

+Lord Hellfyre, Chapter Master of the Conflagrators+

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120130180252/warhammer40k/images/b/b4/Chapter_Master_Calan.jpg

[Just imagine this guy with ebony skin.]

Born without a name in an enclave far in the north of Cardinalis, the young boy learned the rules his elders lived by very early on. The strict nature of the enclave, and their fiery rhetoric, imprinted strongly on the boy. Even when he was collected from the ruins of the enclave, he held to only what knew: His faith and his discipline. As a space marine of the Conflagrators, and indeed as a chapter master, these two qualities shone through even after hypno-indoctrination. Once accepted into the chapter, he took his name - Hellfyre - from the destroyed enclave. His devotion almost earned him the black armour of a chaplain but fate intervened in the Eighteen Worlds campaign, first elevating him from sergeant to captain on Zavatista, and then onwards to chapter master later. 

With the death of Chapter Master Sauvius, it was by the appointment of the chaplains that the second Conflagrator chapter master was selected. Hellfyre bypassed his elder captains on faith and demeanour alone, their years of service and experience counting for nought. Hellfyre lived up to his name, earning a dire reputation in the Liber Cluster for confronting and killing those he considered heathens. He was responsible for several incidents with other Liber Chapters, finding their stance towards Goge Vandire lacking compared to the Conflagrators' own convictions. 

Archived