[HH1.0] Sons of Horus Tactica

Dorrance

No, they are now 5 man starting. It is the seven additional remaining from the old entry that is the mistake.

So just to update the community, Marshal Loss and I asked Alan Bligh about this and it is not a mistake. They are meant to be able to get to 12 to fill up a Spartan now.

No changes to Abby, or any SoH characters as far as I can tell.

depth is on the money with the new rule. Merciless Fighters itself was not changed. Instead, an extra special rule called Death Dealer was added. Models with the rule gain +1BS when shooting pistol, assault & rapid fire at 12" or less. Exceptions include Chain Fire, Fury of the Legion and when making overwatch.

that plus The Long March now make the SoH extremely powerful.

Very sad about Abby then since he's expensive to begin with. Justaerin can fill a Spartan but cant have one as a DT.... that seems a bit off.

What is The Long March? Is that the new RoW.

Very sad about Abby then since he's expensive to begin with. Justaerin can fill a Spartan but cant have one as a DT.... that seems a bit off.

Yup, it's the new RoW. I want to say it's probably been posted on h30k and the big weekender thread here but I can't be bothered to check so I'll sum it up:

+ SoH infantry units gain a special ability at the start of your turn based on where the majority of them are. If most of your infantry are in their own deploy zone they gain Relentless; enemy's deploy zone they gain Crusader; and the rest of the board = Fleet.

+ First turn of the game, anything in the detachment can re-roll to-hit rolls of 1

+ Legion Terminators can be non-compulsory troops

- Can only be used by Traitor SoH or with Shattered Legion rules

- No models with Slow & Purposeful unless they deploy via Deep Strike or begin the game in a transport (no, Cataphractii no longer have this rule so you're safe no matter what)

- No Fortifications

DANG those are some harsh restrictions amirite?? :P

6's to wound trigger both Rending and Murderous Strike so to me that means its an Ap2 Instant Death Guaranteed Wound.

Rending triggers on 6s to hit though, & makes it auto-wound and AP2? And Murderous Strike triggers on 6s to wound? Unless my brain is failing and I'm not remembering Rending right which is entirely possible.

So what's the fine print on "the majority of your forces"?

Is that only LA:SoH too, or all SoH vehicles?

Do vehicles count towards the majority? Or just infantry?

+ SoH infantry units gain a special ability at the start of your turn based on where the majority of them are. If most of your infantry are in their own deploy zone they gain Relentless; enemy's deploy zone they gain Crusader; and the rest of the board = Fleet.

Getting even more specific, the rule does call out Infantry with LA:SoH.

Yup, it's the new RoW. I want to say it's probably been posted on h30k and the big weekender thread here but I can't be bothered to check so I'll sum it up:

+ First turn of the game, anything in the detachment can re-roll to-hit rolls of 1

+ Legion Terminators can be non-compulsory troops

- Can only be used by Traitor SoH or with Shattered Legion rules

- No models with Slow & Purposeful unless they deploy via Deep Strike or begin the game in a transport (no, Cataphractii no longer have this rule so you're safe no matter what)

- No Fortifications

DANG those are some harsh restrictions amirite?? :tongue.:

6's to wound trigger both Rending and Murderous Strike so to me that means its an Ap2 Instant Death Guaranteed Wound.

Rending triggers on 6s to hit though, & makes it auto-wound and AP2? And Murderous Strike triggers on 6s to wound? Unless my brain is failing and I'm not remembering Rending right which is entirely possible.

Thank you very Much Letsyoudown, you have given me much to consider. Like Rapid Firing sniper vets than can charge :devil:

That is totally awesome!

2 wounds justaerin and 5 for 255 is a totally great deal for their ruleset and they are now an awesome choice with combiweapons in a claw or deepstriking when black reaving or so.

Reavers become a lot more useful with combiweapons!

Support squads become way more killy.

Seems SoH should get closer as ever before.

Marr is meh. Sorry. Bad ruleset.. no damage output in meele for this special rule? Outright nope. Damn, still waiting for Aximand..

I think Tybalt Marr's rule should be used in a meta with lots of RG/AL infiltration, but honestly, the pinning doesn't do much lol.

I'm really tempted to run the Heraldor with my big 18 man blob + apothecary in a Kharybdis since the traitor banner gives so many charge and cc bonuses.

Edit: it might be useful to take a heavy weapons squad or two with lascannons/plasma cannons/etc and just have your pods drop in your deployment first turn and then flat out because you'll still get the relentless bonus and rerolls of 1's :devil:

Edited by depthcharge12

Depthcharge I'm pretty sure they have to be in the relevant zone at the start of your turn so drop podding them won't do anything,

I am wondering how this effects Rapier Carriages though, the Carriage is manned by 2 infantry and would therefore convey the rule to the Rapier.

My Grav Canons just became the new sex

Depthcharge I'm pretty sure they have to be in the relevant zone at the start of your turn so drop podding them won't do anything,

I am wondering how this effects Rapier Carriages though, the Carriage is manned by 2 infantry and would therefore convey the rule to the Rapier.

So is it at the start of your phase before reserves?

And the latter part, you might want to check on the validity of that. I'm trying to argue for dark Angels quad heavy Bolter rapiers to take acid shells as they are crewed by LA:DA models and the weapon itself is essentially 4 heavy bolters taped together.

I think it's infantry specific for the relentless - artillery might not get it.

So is it at the start of your phase before reserves?

And the latter part, you might want to check on the validity of that. I'm trying to argue for dark Angels quad heavy Bolter rapiers to take acid shells as they are crewed by LA:DA models and the weapon itself is essentially 4 heavy bolters taped together.

I think it's infantry specific for the relentless - artillery might not get it.

Relentless is a USR the conveys to everyone in the squad, so if the infantry get it so do the Carriages until it's FAQ.

The Dark Angels is different as it isn't a USR it's an upgrade with limitations

So I have a 1k game next month, and I have chosen the Warmaster's own as my to go Legion. I will probably face salamanders, any tips?

Im going for a praetor in Termie armour with Orbital Strike and should I take Justaerin or regular termies? Also 2 tac squads and a veteran with melta and combi melta. Is book 6 out by next month? And did I understood correctly, Justaerin will be 5 minimum? What of I take them as bodyguard? Still 3?

Don't take a Praetor at this level he costs far too much. A Delegatus will do just fine with a Master Crafted Thunder Hammer.

Justaerin are indeed now a unit 5, I suggest you give them Combi-Melta and a Chain Fist or 2.

I wouldn't bother with the Veterans just stick with the Justaerin they will be doing the same job really.

Maybe round off the list with a dual Grav Gun Contemptor, mine wrecked face at the Weekender claiming a bruised Glaive and butchered a Plasma Tactical Support Squad.

Wait, do Infantry get Relentless for the whole game or just one turn?

Because Relentless Heavy Support for the whole game is quite OP no?

Whole game as long as most of your infantry units are in your deployment zone.

Seems quite OP, but you'd just be able to shuffle over (likely out of cover) for some shots. A smart enemy will notice the tactic and seek to annihilate said squads first. Honestly, a first turn Scorpii/Thanatar/Typhon/bombardment would just "nope" your 5 man 250+ point lascannon squad in a heartbeat.

Though the idea of those new underslung autocannons with drum mags hopping around firing at the enemy is an awesome sight :D

Technically legal from what people have quoted from the books.

It'd actually make multi meltas useful and awesome!

What kinda list would you guys run with this RoW? I'm thinking it benefits those big blob squads so that they can move up, shoot with rerolls of 1, and then fleet up the board the next few turns until assault. Whereby they can have BS5 pistols shots that close.

It's too bad you can't have the Moritat benefit or else he could do BS6 chainfists lol.

Edit:

The most hilarious thing would be destroyer squads coming out of pods with that RoW. Assuming you're taking two rad launchers (BS5 bruh) that's 16 2+ reroll able bolt pistol shots :P

Edited by depthcharge12

Right I have the book and it quite clearly says from the beginning of your turn and through your opponents so anything coming on from reserves will not get anything as they are not in play at the beginning of your turn.

It's also done unit by unit, the reference to models is for that individual unit so if you have a squad of 10, 8 in no mans land 2 in the opponents deployment zone you will get Fleet.

Right I have the book and it quite clearly says from the beginning of your turn and through your opponents so anything coming on from reserves will not get anything as they are not in play at the beginning of your turn.

It's also done unit by unit, the reference to models is for that individual unit so if you have a squad of 10, 8 in no mans land 2 in the opponents deployment zone you will get Fleet.

If you have the new book is there any chance you can post a pic of the new LA: SoH Legion trait and ROW with the update rules? I would really appreciate it.

At least the justaerin deserved it more than any other terminator unit..

SoH now really favour reavers and justaerin. Both have pistol or assault weapons through combis and are really deadly in CC.

Boots over mech in case of SoH for now. Looking on my regular list, I will propably just take a fire raptor and a contemptor as my only mech units, maybe a primaris on top plus pods or dreadclaws.. O.o

Tbh orbital assault is now quite a thing hum.