[HH1.0] Sons of Horus Tactica

Dorrance

SoH seem incredibly top tier now. Justaerian and all the bonuses combined with the new RoW make for an insanely poweful force!

If I wasn't so staunchly Loyal I'd consider it :tongue.:

I'm getting Horus & Justaerin to form the core of my new army. The precision DS thing plus the Legion rules are just...so good. I've always struggled dropping Primarchs where I want them without vulnerability (Spartan - KILL IT! Drop pod - KILL IT!)

If you're taking Horus, put him with normal terms instead, full of combi plasma. Precision deep strike into BS5 combi plasma is filthy. And a perfect horus move.

Abaddon/ Primus medicae can go with the Justaerian.

I'm not really sure why you would take normal Terminators for Horus, they are basically extra wounds for him and paying the 80pts gets you 5 more wounds (which is cheaper than buying 5 Terminators) as well as Furious Charge, Stubborn, can accept challenges and a WS bump.

Right I have the book and it quite clearly says from the beginning of your turn and through your opponents so anything coming on from reserves will not get anything as they are not in play at the beginning of your turn.

It's also done unit by unit, the reference to models is for that individual unit so if you have a squad of 10, 8 in no mans land 2 in the opponents deployment zone you will get Fleet.

That could work to your benefit as those 2 squads in the enemy's zone gain fleet as well correct?

So better for assault units :)

And yeah, there's really no reason to take a multi Melta on Justaerin (but it still looks awesome) as you can just take combi meltas or combi plas for T1 BS5 reroll 1's for shooting (within 12").

Pure killy.

Right I have the book and it quite clearly says from the beginning of your turn and through your opponents so anything coming on from reserves will not get anything as they are not in play at the beginning of your turn.

It's also done unit by unit, the reference to models is for that individual unit so if you have a squad of 10, 8 in no mans land 2 in the opponents deployment zone you will get Fleet.

That could work to your benefit as those 2 squads in the enemy's zone gain fleet as well correct?

They get Crusader in the enemy's deployment zone.

Lol I know, but that's only the majority correct?

If you have 10 units, 8 in no mans land, and 2 in the enemy's deployment zone, you gain fleet for that turn correct?

And it applies to all 10 units, not just the 8 in no man's land?

If you have 10 units, 8 in no mans land, and 2 in the enemy's deployment zone, you gain fleet for that turn correct?

That's not how it works it's done on a individual unit basis and if the models are in two qualifying areas they get the one that the majority of the models are in.

That's not how it works it's done on a individual unit basis and if the models are in two qualifying areas they get the one that the majority of the models are in.

Ok yeah lol I feel like we are going in a circle here :P

So back to my original question then - if you have 10 units, 8 in no mans land, and 2 in the enemy's deployment zone, all 10 units gain fleet correct?

Or is it just the 8 in no man's land?

Because then you could keep your guys in no man's land and essentially give fleet to the minority of units in the enemy's deployment zone!

No. It's done on a unit by unit basis.

So it all depends where the individual unit is and they get the rule relevant to where they are.

If a unit spans 2 zones it's then given the relevant USR based on where the majority of models are.

I'm sorry mate but I can't make it anymore clearer than that.

It's discussed here

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/318968-long-march-wording-help/?do=findComment&comment=4299934

Edited by PastelAvenger

Ok because I was under the impression that you only get the special rule based upon where the majority of ALL your units are.

So it's a unit by unit basis - so you can keep HSS in your deployment zone giving them relentless indefinitely.

Sorry I'm just trying to bang out the fine print before I get the book.

Is crusader much better than fleet for assault units? I feel like the reroll charge distances is a big one - then again, if you roll up with most of your assault units in Dreadclaws, it won't matter much anyway.

That is my and a few other peoples interpretation of the new RoW, dont get me wrong it is powerful but I really can't see how it can be read any other way, so yes your HSS would always get Relentless

I will be honest I do not know the crusader rule off by heart so I couldnt tell you.

That is my and a few other peoples interpretation of the new RoW, dont get me wrong it is powerful but I really can't see how it can be read any other way, so yes your HSS would always get Relentless

I will be honest I do not know the crusader rule off by heart so I couldnt tell you.

I think it's +d3 to charge and sweeping advance distances.

Sorry I was doing all of this under a misconception with the rules. I interpreted it originally to mean a unit by unit basis buff, but they threw the word majority in there and weren't too specific as to the majority of "that unit" or your entire force. Which was tripping me up.

Anywho, it's really good for multi Melta HSS to effectively have a 30" firing range, and 18" Melta rule trigger :)

Tartaros terminators as non compulsory troops with crusader in the enemy's area is nice too for all those sweeps...

I'm thinking of doing an 3,500 point army of 30 Justaerin, 30 Reavers w/ Jump Packs, A Damocles Rhino, Horus, a chaplain, and a MOS all with Combi-Plasmas dropping in turn 2. What do you guys think?

You will lose turn 1, if only the rhino starts on the board.

Are you Taking The Black Reaving as well? It's the only way your Justaerin can deep strike.

Edited by PastelAvenger

I'm thinking of doing an 3,500 point army of 30 Justaerin, 30 Reavers w/ Jump Packs, A Damocles Rhino, Horus, a chaplain, and a MOS all with Combi-Plasmas dropping in turn 2. What do you guys think?

You will lose turn 1, if only the rhino starts on the board.

Are you Taking The Black Reaving as well? It's the only way your Justaerin can deep strike.

Yes I'm taking Black Reaving. The Rhino would hide for all of Turn 1.

I have to say that *boop* is my favourite word for multiple hyper velocity sidewinder missiles impacting with lethal tank killing force.

It's also worth saying that they ignore Cover from Line of Sight as well *Ignores intervening obstacles to line of sight in open terrain*.

I love the sound of Hydra missile pods impacting an enemy (see Battlefield 3 or Flashpoint). Sounds like...victory.

Whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh......

....bum bum bum bumb bum KABOOM!