[HH1.0] Sons of Horus Tactica

Dorrance

now we just need to wait until battlescribe is updated with the new books.

So any pointers to the best HQ special character and best build for HQ?

Our regular HQs are pretty regular with the exception that we can make a good CC praetor with the Cataphractii Primus Relic. Our SCs are ok. Maloghurst as previously mentioned is very solid, Loken is good for a cheap dueling HQ, Marr is ok and Abaddon is bad.

Not with the Justaerin update. 

Use black reaving and field him with a squad of vanilla terminators, then drop Justaerin in a mass teleport attack. 

I never really bought the argument that grav chutes let you jump out of flyers. It lets you disembark if moving more than 6", but there is still a hard no vs. disembarking from zooming flyers.

And Abaddon is not bad by any means.

Edited by Terminus

Which rite are you using? The long March with Malhogurst is basically built for mass pod alpha reavers. You drop down, Slam plasma into something that gets to reroll 1s, but hit on 2+ and then have crusader for the ensuing combats.

Wait, are you using droppods or dreadclaws? Drop pods make this a great idea, dreadclaws do not. 

Ok, so tartaros terminators and the Long March: yes or no?

They can benefit from the fleet and crusader since they can sweep and aren't hindered by slow and purposeful. Also, they benefit being [non compulsory] troops due to the Warmaster's portion. Slap some power fists and combi plas in the squad and rock out with your dakka out.

Tartaros can Sweep.

And yeah, TDA type is not Legion Specific. Units can be forced into a certain type like Justaerin in Cataphractii or Phoenix Guard in Tartaros which is noted in their profile.

But otherwise, you get to choose which suit your HQ or Generic Legion Terminators are in as long as its clearly represented by the model and that the whoe unit had the same suit.

The only thing Legion terminators can do that Justaerin can't is buy a plasma blaster, and be compulsory choices in Primarch's Chosen (and be like 80 points cheaper :biggrin.:).

I'm not sure about giving up 4++ for a 5++ just to be able to sweep. Phoenix Guard like it because they absolutely have to crush the enemy in one round, otherwise they become chumps with power swords and a 5++.  Sons can afford to chip away and collect those nice bonus attacks for outnumbering.  You should be finished killing the enemy unit without the need for sweeping by the end of the second combat round (i.e. your opponent's turn), which is ideal.  I think I would rather have the 4++.

Then again, I would consider a Tartaros unit to go with Abaddon, since he can sweep too.  He would make them fearless, and his Warlord trait would make the opponent more likely to fail their command check, so more opportunities to sweep. He could also tank for them somewhat, although beware the insta-death. Abby really should have eternal warrior, considering he's still kicking it 10,000 years later.

Edited by Terminus

Justaerins are so good now, there is no reason to take any other Terminator type in a SoH army, imo.

Regular terminators are cheaper, some of them can sweep, they have access to thunderhammers and plasma blasters, plus not everyone has room for Justaerin in their Long March list. 

So you can use them without Transport in the long march?

You can, but you would get shot the hell up!

Claw is the best way to go imo to get into death dealer and charge range asap. Also to get those sweet bonuses from long March.