[HH1.0] Sons of Horus Tactica

Dorrance

They are slow and purposeful in everything but name.

It is to stop them messing with certain Rites of War but more importantly so you cannot confer the rule to an attached heavy weapon squad.

hmm was it slow and purposeful that makes them unable to sweep? 

Yeah. They can take significant fire now, and the Warmaster can tank str8+ shots.

Add FNP from a Primus Medicae to make a tough unit that will reliability appear in the enemy deployment.

I so want to try and deepstrike on 12 justarin with horus and medicae  

It is to stop them messing with certain Rites of War but more importantly so you cannot confer the rule to an attached heavy weapon squad.

AFAIK it was just inbuilt into the Terminator rules. Only Tartaros can now sweep, not Cataphracti.

AFAIK it was just inbuilt into the Terminator rules. Only Tartaros can now sweep, not Cataphracti.

damm :(

damm :sad.:

Even Indomitus (40k suit) cant sweep. And since its a viable suit to be taken in 30k, its pretty damn worthless when compared to Tartaros (Same stats but can sweep) or Cataphractii (4++) for the same cost.

what would you say is best to go with, chainfists on terminators or thunderhammers?

Chainfists. The armour bane could save your life for sure.

I would agree in every single circumstance except as a body guard for a Primarch. 

In which case, I would totally mix a few thunder hammers in there. Primarch on Primarch combats tend to devolve into game-long pillow fights. I think the possibility of concussing an enemy primarch to give yours an advantage is worth looking into. 

I've gotten a little experience with death dealers. (+1BS w/in 12") It is devastating with my tactical support squads in my OA list. They are much more reliable and they now almost always poof things they are intended to poof.

So with Justaerin actually being worth taking now, what's the best loadout/way to run them?

Full Combi Plas. A couple of chain Fists.

Enjoy.

with the new rite of war and no droppods hiw would you use reavers? jump packs? or not? and how many squads how big and what gear?

Combis work quite well with them, as do chargers. A few power weapons are good. Jump packs will work fine but you'll be a prime shooting target early on.

Justaerins with Horus should seriously be considered as a Lynchpin unit in any SoH force at 2k+

You can use ranged firepower like Deredeos or Sicarans to punch through the various transports your opponent has, then Deepstrike Horus and the Justaerins on the following turn, no scatter, in the midst of your opponent's army. Horus can tank any Str8 hits, the Justaerins take the rest of your opponent's firepower if you end up getting shot at.

Combi Plasmas for everyone to completely wipe out a unit on the turn you arrive, following turn you can charge. Once Horus is actually in Assault, nothing can stand up to him. You can make the unit tougher with FnP.

A few other drop pod units to overwhelm an opponent would also work. This is how I'll be gearing my SoH force from now on :-D

...just gotta find a bunch of Cataphractii combi plasmas from somewhere...

Justaerins with Horus should seriously be considered as a Lynchpin unit in any SoH force at 2k+

You can use ranged firepower like Deredeos or Sicarans to punch through the various transports your opponent has, then Deepstrike Horus and the Justaerins on the following turn, no scatter, in the midst of your opponent's army. Horus can tank any Str8 hits, the Justaerins take the rest of your opponent's firepower if you end up getting shot at.

Combi Plasmas for everyone to completely wipe out a unit on the turn you arrive, following turn you can charge. Once Horus is actually in Assault, nothing can stand up to him. You can make the unit tougher with FnP.

A few other drop pod units to overwhelm an opponent would also work. This is how I'll be gearing my SoH force from now on :-D

...just gotta find a bunch of Cataphractii combi plasmas from somewhere...

I plot on doing this. It's just too cool and powerful to not.

My only hesistation is the painting of things. I hate the Sea Green colour. I can get away with black for the infantry but not the vehicles.

Yeah, the sea-green has always been an issue for me too.

I paint it using a wash, and it works a treat on infantry but might look muddy and crap on vehicles... I'm not sure what to do either!

I've considered getting a professional to do my vehicles, or maybe painting everything black and running them as a force of veterans?