[HH1.0] Sons of Horus Tactica

Dorrance

thanks for the feedback, have only played a handful of games and that eas without resl lists snd asking others for stats and rules, so have alot to learn about 30k and list building and tactics

think ill have to aim them as anty powerarmour

The following tactic could be pretty disgusting for Sons of Horus:

Long March RoW

Maloghurst the Twisted

Reavers w Combi-Plasma (x10) w Dreadclaw

Reavers w Combi-Melta (x10) w Dreadclaw

Terminators w Combi-Plasma (x5) w Dreadclaw

Contemptor-Cortus w Gravitons in DDP

Contemptor-Cortus w Gravitons in DDP
Heavy Support Squad w Volkite Culverins [Maloghurst goes here]
+ Tanks and Rapiers

Maloghurst makes the Culverin guys Fearless and Scoring, plus they are Relentless and reroll 1s to hit first Turn
Drop the Reavers & Terminators first, have them open fire with BS5 rerolling 1s at close range. Dreadnaughts come in T2 with SoH reserve roll bonus

A drop list to put the Raven Guard & Night Lords to shame!

I thought Rapiers were an Artillery unit? The crew count as Infantry models for most purposes but Long March gives Relentless to Infantry units? Which would more specifically benefit things like Vets, Support Squads and Heavy Support Squads?

If the crew do get Relentless, then there's also the blurry interaction between the artillery piece itself not having Relentless and being fired by a crewman, where LOS is drawn from both and range is drawn from the gun. What's firing, who's firing, where does Relentless fit in?

I thought Rapiers were an Artillery unit? The crew count as Infantry models for most purposes but Long March gives Relentless to Infantry units? Which would more specifically benefit things like Vets, Support Squads and Heavy Support Squads?

If the crew do get Relentless, then there's also the blurry interaction between the artillery piece itself not having Relentless and being fired by a crewman, where LOS is drawn from both and range is drawn from the gun. What's firing, who's firing, where does Relentless fit in?

That's exactly the point. I will create a topic in the rules questions section as this appears to warrant investigation.

Hi there all!

I've recently started a SoH army and I've been reading this forum a lot to see the opinion of other players, so I decided to create an account to be able to comment. Even though I have been playing 40k for a while I'm totally new to 30k. The first question I have is: do you think dual lightning claws are worth it for justaerin? They give you an extra attack, fp 3 for a lethal anti MEQ and let you use Merciless fightersl, but they are 15 pnts each, making 10 justaerin a 605pnts unit. So... Are they worth that ammount of points or is it better to give them something cheaper?

I don't think they generally are. If you take a pair of lightning claws you miss out on Death Dealer, which when combined with combi-weapons is an important and lethal part of their skill set. Additionally, that means that your Justaerin are completely unable to take on enemy Terminator units if they're all kitted out with claws - and when you spend 600 points on a maxed out Terminator unit it should be able to take on equivalently priced units, and a far cheaper Terminator unit could hold them up all game.

A few individual lightning claws are still quite useful - you miss out on the extra attack but keep Death Dealer and are able to access Merciless Fighters as well. A lightning claw + combi-weapon costs less than a pair of claws which makes it an auto-win when compared to a pair in my book.

Axe and combi weapon are a winning combination with 1-2 chainfists for 5 guys and 3 for 10. Power fists are a bit meh in my opinion on Justaerin as you wound on a 2+ with furious charge and axes anyway. Counter argument would be, "Well stupid Depthcharge, what if they're multi wound terminators? Huh? Think you're so smart?"

At which point I'd casually remind you of all the combi plas and combi Melta you'll be strapping to the squad anyway to obliterate those units. If you need power fist armed terminators, take vanilla ones as your enemy could just wipe out a 63 point Justaerin with two wounds with a humble powerfist.

Also, be a bully. Fight your enemy on your terms, not theirs. You will lose 9/10 against an enemy firedrake squad with Justaerin in cc even after some average combi weapon rolling preceding it. Attack those squads with insanely large tactical and reaver blobs to kill them with weight of attacks.

Remember the power Fist can double out other popular cc units like Red Butchers and Salamander Fire Drakes that have 2 wounds. Edited by Ishagu

I run 4 fists and 1 chain-fist for every 5, all with combi plasmas/meltas.

Remember they have furious charge so the fists are str9 on the charge which is great for damaging vehicles.

Librarians are in a strange place in the Crusade army list. Theyre a little expensive and while can be poweful, unless you are word bearers you aren't getting many dice to cast with. And your opponent will only ever have 2 less or so than you. It makes them unreliable sadly.

Like Ishagu says, it's better to choose a buff you can count on, like a Primus for FNP on your deathstar, or a master of signals for that +1BS.

oki gonna build a model for it anyway(cause i already started) so he look cool, so if agenst all odds you would field a libraian what weapons and gear would you give it?

He gets a force weapon, so I'd go with an Axe and then a Combi assuming you're running in terminator armour, to benefit from death dealers.

Alternative would be a power Maul. You could try and get Iron arm with Biomancy and then proceed to wreck face with I believe Strength 9 ap2 at initiative and also benefit from merciless fighters.

Couldn't it work with a jump pack, scimitar or bike to be a mobile support unit? Giving psychic buffs to people and such. I can see it doing something usefull (fnp for justaerin...) if you're lucky with dices.

Biomancy can make for a decently nasty combat Librarian with a mix of Warp Speed and Iron Arm.

Endurance is a nice side benefit to have.

Only issue with the Librarian is that you can't take them in mass. The most charges you can possibly get is 4 and even then you aren't guaranteed to roll the power you want. My preference if I take a Librarian is Divination. Pretty much all the powers are good.

The most you can generate with a level 2 psyker is 8 the min is 3 can you tell me how you're getting 4 is the max? Do you mean the average die roll is 4?

What killed Librarian's was FW making them Support Officers having to spend at least 300pts on HQs made them a bad choice, however this does mean we don't get 40k'ed by the psychic phase.