Thanks fellas. I will posting alot more. My Airbrush Just arrived and my iphone 7 should be here soon so i don't have to keep borrowing cameras.

Ok honest questions for you guys. What do you think about the grey on my wolves? i am rethinking my grey. I keep wanting to re try metallic grey. I am not too concerned with the models i have already done. Most of them are just primed. Do you guys like the grey or is it a little to grey blue?

Would you guys like to see a fully painted metallic model and then decide?

Haha i am really struggling on this one fellas. need your help

Honestly, I'm really liking the dark grey/blue (non-metallic) that FW has used on the few SW models they've showcased.

But I'd definitely like to see what you can come up with metallic-wise until I would make a final personal judgement.

Of course the final decision is yours, whatevs you think looks the most awesome :wink:

I think the grey on your Wolves looks great.

The grey of FW looks a bit green, almost SoH. I am in 2 minds about using the FW grey and repainting EVERYTHING or going my own way too.

Stick to the grey you have and then try some wash/ glazes to get an approximation of the FW colour should you feel so inclined.

Dagnammit.

Why does work stuff have to look so darned good??

Making me want to repaont my Wolves and the eagle is awesome.

Gonna have to pm you about stencils....

Dagnammit.

I like it!

Are you planning on using some white as well as red to accent? I feel like that would look good (imo).

The bird on the spartan is absolutely perfect as well.

Thanks! I am planning on doing white for sure i agree i think it''l look great. But until the book drops i am more or less going to just be getting the metallic base coat and reds on these. I will still paint the tracks and vents and everything. But more specific colors,icons and decals will go on once the book comes out.

Dagnammit.

Dagnammit.

Feel free my friend they are so easy to make and they really bring something extra to the models!

That new metallic scheme you've got going on for the Vlka is damn sweet. Dark enough that you (mostly) won't be confused with IW, probably.

Thanks i have just kind of accepted any dark metallic will be IW esque but i MUCH prefer the dark grey metals over any grey i have tried. I figure after painting trim adding red and white they should be pretty recognizable as wolves

Got a bit more work done. I had to strip the entire left half of the spartan for some reason when I was taping things off all the paint peeled off only on that side. Here's what I have so far

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy123/wareagle411/326C157F-29FC-4DAA-87C2-067FC2AED5B0_zpss7er0twx.jpg

Looks good.

Maybe try putting a coat of matte varnish over the model before priming?

Gives the paint something better to adhere to, in case some of the release agent is still there after scrubbing.

When I see Inlaid details like that, I'm always tempted to fill them in with a bright color of some sort...

Haha trust me I know I've had several different colors on my painting table to see what might work in there. Nothing seemed to fit tho

When I see Inlaid details like that, I'm always tempted to fill them in with a bright color of some sort...

Haha trust me I know I've had several different colors on my painting table to see what might work in there. Nothing seemed to fit tho

Maybe just an edge highlight on the inside of the inlay in like a glacial blue? Not necessarily filling it in.