Thanks fellas, i feel like i am really getting into a consistent groove. Was able to build two more Test angels last night, two more deathsworn as well as build and get bascoats on two more of my Custodes Het squad. Will have pics up tonight. They looks boss with painted shields.

Are you buying models on eBay? Just wondering how every is getting their custodes

A good mix of ebay as well as buying and trading with Forum buddies

So what's the story for your Custodes?

Right now that will be the color for my Het squads. Honestly i saw the scheme in inferno and loved in and just needed a way to work them into my army haha

First time I've seen the event model outside of FW pics - it looks great!

That paragon spear is immense. I never knew I had an immense paragon spear shaped hole in my life.

As usual, looking great man. Loving the gunmetal Custodes!

What purpose do the Hetaeron serve? Haven't seen the Inferno stuff yet

I don't actually have inferno yet so i am not sure what prupose they serve fluff wise. I just know they are a BRUTE of a squad. I loved this scheme when i saw it so i just decided to combine the two. Hopefully will have more info for you when the book arrives

thank guys! Originally i was only going to paint up 5 just to paint them but now i love the talons list. they are just very fun models and great to paint.  I have yet to order inferno b/c with all the new goodies shown at the HH open day i will be spending wellll over 250. I am holding off on my wolves until i have inferno in hand so i can really get them right. 

In the mean time CUSTODES!!  I have a second event only model on its way who will be re positioned and painted "black" Hoping to have a few completely finished tonight

Is that the event exclusive model?

It sure is! i have one more on the way who will have a shield, a helmet and will be gunmetal.

@Bladewolf: Much appreciated,  i am still not quite happy with them hoping weathering and pigments will help complete them

He looks a million times betterer with a head swap.

Could never tell if he had a beard or a rebreather :biggrin.:

Ya...... i'm not a fan of the original head at all, i won't be using it for anything haha. If it was a rebreather than hell yes but...... No thanks to the goat beard

Hey guys. With my custodes about done for now....(until FW starts releasing their kits and what not) I will be back with my Wolves for a while. ALL my SW bits are slowly coming in and with my big placement from forgeworld and shapeways i should have ALOY going on.

I have one Priest with great frostblade build, my second will have a power maul and power fist.

Before they get paint, the the priests in 30k wear black or grey armor?

Man, your custodes are just superb. The black and gold scheme is a nice break from the solid gold we've been seeing lately, also love the headswap on the event exclusive model-where did it come from?

Also, can you show how/where you magnetized these guys? I've got 10 coming my way and want to magnetize them as well! Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more progress on your wolves!

Man, your custodes are just superb. The black and gold scheme is a nice break from the solid gold we've been seeing lately, also love the headswap on the event exclusive model-where did it come from?

Also, can you show how/where you magnetized these guys? I've got 10 coming my way and want to magnetize them as well! Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more progress on your wolves!

Thanks!! They are a ton of fun to build and paint. I love doing the gunmetal!

The head is just a barehead option from the custodes so you will have two of them.

I will post pics tonight on how and where i magnetized everything

Also, What do you guys think about the shields? I am thinking about switching  them up. Swap the gunmetal and gold?

Edited by betrayer41