++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

can we take a power weapon and a sonic blaster both on the champion?

No coz sonic blaster already replace boltgun, so you dont have anu boltgun left to replace with Champ equipment.
This is wrong. The champion starts with a bolter and a bolt pistol, swapping the bolter for a sonic blaster and the pistol for something from the champion equipment list(where the power weapons are listed).

He or she may also take a Doom Siren, swapped for nothing. You can end up with a doom siren, a sonic blaster and a combi-weapon, shooting all of them in the same turn even. Talk about excess!

Codex says "The Noise Marine Champion may replace his bolt pistol and boltgun with items from the Champion Equipment list".

& "Any model may replace its boltgun with a chainsword or sonic blaster"

You can't replace the boltgun with sonic blaster and Champion equipment list. The same way you cannot replace a Helbrute fist with a missile launcher and a power scourge.

It does say replace with itemS (plural) from the champion list.

• 2 weeks later...

So...someone posted this on Facebook today.

21317766_10211859076526640_6802925811825

It honestly were a dream come true if there were upgrade sprues like that (particularly the doors, skulls and the hatchet on top). Afaik he made it only for himself to 3D print tho his printed product didn't look that good unfortunately. I guess he's lacking a good printer after all.

Anyway. Does anybody know where one could aquire something equally...excessive? :tongue.:

Edited by sfPanzer

Hello fellow warlords of the 3rd legion!  I started an emperor's children army last christmas, and was going to post my images here... but then photobucket happened.  So, today, I uploaded some images of my latest conversions to imgur to share.

xEHGZ47.jpg

6HoYQbn.jpg

RPaaMXu.jpg

IS4Yt8W.jpg

nKlxxLo.jpg

VBGckNT.jpg

d1jem7E.jpg

They are converted from the DA dark vengeance bikers, and will be purple with gold trim when I'm done.

You can expect more of my forces once I upload them to imgur.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

So...someone posted this on Facebook today.

21317766_10211859076526640_6802925811825

It honestly were a dream come true if there were upgrade sprues like that (particularly the doors, skulls and the hatchet on top). Afaik he made it only for himself to 3D print tho his printed product didn't look that good unfortunately. I guess he's lacking a good printer after all.

Anyway. Does anybody know where one could aquire something equally...excessive? :tongue.:

Kromlech made Bedlame fraternity doors. That's the most ressembling thing i have in mind. 

Wargame got a great Rotten conversion part for rhino, but that's for Nurgle..

Kinda sad overall Nurgle and Khorn got all the love, should it be from GW itself or third part. Let's hope thing will change (creature caster is releasing great Slaanesh daemon, i hope Kromlech continue releasing chaos banner with a great icon of excess).  

Hello fellow warlords of the 3rd legion!  I started an emperor's children army last christmas, and was going to post my images here... but then photobucket happened.  So, today, I uploaded some images of my latest conversions to imgur to share.

That's great to see some pictures on this topic, we don't get enought proof of our superior beauty :p

Edited by DreamIsCollapsing

just saw this thread.......:blush.:

I am War009, dedicated Slannesh worshipper of the Formerly of the Glorious Emperor's Children Legion 3rd Company under Captain Marius Vairosean now under the Command of Daemon Prince Osmo'deus, Prince of Lust, Desire, and Decadence, is honorured to join his brothers and sisters on the quest of perfection, pleasure in the name of of the Thirst that may never be quenched.

So among the many <cough> 40k Loyalist projects I am working on (Crimson Fists, 10th Co Raptors, Order of the Martyred Lady Adepta Sororitas, Grey Knights, and Death Watch) , I do have a 30k Emperor's Children army I am working on (Lots of Kakophoni for that awesome Heresy era noise marine vibe). My Emperor's Children are mainly in MkIV armor (looks the best on them imho) tactical and assault squads, Predators with plasma cannon, Contemptors with Volkites or plasma, Phoenix guard, jump pack Palatine blades, "Sun killers', Javelin Land Speeders,  Fulgrim, and Eidolon and with a few a converted models here and there (Marius- based off of  another Eidolon, Kitbashed Lucius, and the kakophoni bodied apothecary). The army is in progress but I plan on using it for 40k also.

I am planning to get more kakophoni to make into blastmasters for the squads and melee orientated noise marines squads, and a Twin taloned Daemon Prince to lead them. if i can find a sonic dreadnought on of those too.....regretting not getting one a while ago. And Daemons

Edited by war009

Hi, I'm new to all of this, I've been playing for a while but never went on any forums before. I got curious about it because of the 8th edition and had a few questions about my little purple guys (or galls, never sure with slaanesh). First, what is would be considered a competitive 1500 - 2000 points EC list in 8th edition and second what do you think of this 1500 points list I made.

Bataillon detachment: +3 Cp

Daemon prince with wings: 189

Malefic talons, warp bolter, intoxicating elixir

Sorcerer: 102

Force sword, Bolt pistol

5x noise marines: 109

Doom siren, power fist, chain swords, bolt pistols

Doom siren, power fist, chains swords, bolt pistols

10x noise marines: 192

Doom siren, 2x blastmasters, 8 sonic blaster

Rhino: 72

Combi bolter

Spearhead detachment: +1 Cp

Chaos lord: 74

Chain sword, bolt pistol

Landraider: 356

Twin-heavy bolter, 2x twin-lascannon, combi flammer

3x Obliterator: 195

5x havocs: 165

4x missile launcher

Total Cp: 7

I plan on using my CP's for endless cacophony on the havocs/obliterators to take out heavy threats early on. The sorcerer is there to cast presience and delightful agony on the havocs, for more durability and more hits, the lord stays back to make the havocs reroll 1's. The rest is pretty straight forward, hide the DP behind the vehicles until it makes it in CC with the CC noise marines, while the other squad provides close range fire support and secure objectives.

Any thing I missed or should modify?

Btw I'm playing against blood angels or death guard

I have no idea if I posted this in the right place, I don't really know how this works

Edited by Lord_Quesnel

That's great to see some pictures on this topic, we don't get enought proof of our superior beauty :tongue.:

Thanks!  I'll post some pictures of them when I have them painted, plus in the interim some pictures of my other painted miniatures - need a day with good lighting, as I find the colours I use are hard to photograph.

And wow, I seem to have triggered the appearance of a bunch of new recruits.  Welcome. :smile.:

Your list seems good, Lord Q, though I have to resist the urge to bump up your squad sizes to 6 or 12. :teehee:

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Hi, I'm new to all of this, I've been playing for a while but never went on any forums before. I got curious about it because of the 8th edition and had a few questions about my little purple guys (or galls, never sure with slaanesh). First, what is would be considered a competitive 1500 - 2000 points EC list in 8th edition and second what do you think of this 1500 points list I made.

Force sword, Bolt pistol

Combi bolter

Chain sword, bolt pistol

4x missile launcher

I plan on using my CP's for endless cacophony on the havocs/obliterators to take out heavy threats early on. The sorcerer is there to cast presience and delightful agony on the havocs, for more durability and more hits, the lord stays back to make the havocs reroll 1's. The rest is pretty straight forward, hide the DP behind the vehicles until it makes it in CC with the CC noise marines, while the other squad provides close range fire support and secure objectives.

I have no idea if I posted this in the right place, I don't really know how this works

I don't see the point in giving Noise Marines Chainswords since the Sonic Blaster already does the exact same thing as their profile + Chainsword just at range while still having two attacks each at least. They aren't THAT good in melee to be worth focussing on it imo.

Also instead of Missile Launcher Havocs I'd always go for more Noise Marines with Blastmaster. If you want Havocs better give them Lascannons for some serious anti-vehicle/monster punch.

Force sword, Bolt pistol

Combi bolter

Chain sword, bolt pistol

4x missile launcher

I don't see the point in giving Noise Marines Chainswords since the Sonic Blaster already does the exact same thing as their profile + Chainsword just at range while still having two attacks each at least. They aren't THAT good in melee to be worth focussing on it imo.

Also instead of Missile Launcher Havocs I'd always go for more Noise Marines with Blastmaster. If you want Havocs better give them Lascannons for some serious anti-vehicle/monster punch.

what would you suggest for a CC unit instead of noise marines? the only other option I could think of were terminators with lightning claws or possessed.

Also, it might be becaus ei only have the models with missile launchers, but I like the versatility of using krak or fraggs, depending on the target.

I'll sure give more blastmasters a try, more blastmasters are always welcome.

Lascannons are nice and pack a punch but my dice never let me see effective use of the weapon. Looking to try out missile launchers tomorrow. Point cost is the same but it does seem like a more versatile choice. Something for armor and a little something for infantry.

As for melee brute I have like the winged daemon prince, obviously slaaneshi, with the elixir, and two malefic talons. It's been good to me.

Yeah and I was saying that Missile Launcher Havocs in an army with access to Noise Marines, especially Emperor's Children, is kind of a weird loadout choice since Blastmaster are better for less points.

So if you want a unit to have such a weapon, just take Noise Marines and give Havocs a different weapon. Lascannons would be my first choice but you don't want them so why not go with Heavy Bolter instead? Mass S5 AP-1 dakka is pretty strong as well. Or Plasmaguns (can't get a Plasma unit any cheaper than this).

Yeah and I was saying that Missile Launcher Havocs in an army with access to Noise Marines, especially Emperor's Children, is kind of a weird loadout choice since Blastmaster are better for less points.

So if you want a unit to have such a weapon, just take Noise Marines and give Havocs a different weapon. Lascannons would be my first choice but you don't want them so why not go with Heavy Bolter instead? Mass S5 AP-1 dakka is pretty strong as well. Or Plasmaguns (can't get a Plasma unit any cheaper than this).

The idea behind the missile launcher havoc is to use endless cacophony on them to get 8 krak missile shots or 8d6 fragg missile shots in one turn, I can't really do the same with multiple squads of noise marines since the stratagem only applies to one squad.

Would sure love to get blastmaster havocs in an upcoming Emperor's children codex.

I mean why would'nt we get a codex one day, death guard and thousand sons already have one.

Having a Noise Marine squad shoot twice is really good as well tho. 4xBlastmaster and 14xSonic Blaster in a 10 man sized unit.

That's:

4d3 S8 AP-2 D1d3 cover ignoring shots instead of 8 S8 AP-2 D1d6 shots.

or

4d6 S4 AP-1 D1 cover ignoring shots instead of 8d6 S4 AP0 D1 shots.

However on top of that you'll get the 42 S4 AP0 D1 cover ignoring shots from the Sonic Blaster. And all that for only about 60p more for the unit. But you don't only get that, you also get 5 more bodies and they all are ObSec since they are Troops and since they are Troops they also make it easier to fill the bigger detachments.

So unless you plan to use the Krak profile all the time, a unit of Noise Marines is WAY better than ML Havocs. And if you plan to use the Krak profile all the time the Lascannon would be the better choice since for the same points you'll get +1S and +1AP (or is it -1 now? lol).

Edited by sfPanzer

Having a Noise Marine squad shoot twice is really good as well tho. 4xBlastmaster and 14xSonic Blaster in a 10 man sized unit.

That's:

4d3 S8 AP-2 D1d3 cover ignoring shots instead of 8 S8 AP-2 D1d6 shots.

or

4d6 S4 AP-1 D1 cover ignoring shots instead of 8d6 S4 AP0 D1 shots.

However on top of that you'll get the 42 S4 AP0 D1 cover ignoring shots from the Sonic Blaster. And all that for only about 60p more for the unit. But you don't only get that, you also get 5 more bodies and they all are ObSec since they are Troops and since they are Troops they also make it easier to fill the bigger detachments.

So unless you plan to use the Krak profile all the time, a unit of Noise Marines is WAY better than ML Havocs. And if you plan to use the Krak profile all the time the Lascannon would be the better choice since for the same points you'll get +1S and +1AP (or is it -1 now? lol).

At the moment I don't have enough noise marines to play them like that, but it sounds awesome. I'll make sure to get about 20 more noise. Marines to field them that way and use Endless cacophony on them.

Still I'll be giving the havocs a chance in my game this weekend.

Battalion: Emperor's Children

-Lord

-Lord

-Noise marines: 1 Champ with SB, 2 NM with BM, 7 NM with SB (footslogging with a Lord for rerolls)

-Noise marines: 1 Champ with SB, 2 NM with BM, 7 NM with SB (footslogging with a Lord for rerolls)

-Noise marines: 1 Champ with SB, 2 NM with BM, 7 NM with SB (Rhino)

-Predator: Autocannon, 2x H. Bolter

-Chaos Rhino

-Chaos Rhino

Spearhead: Emperor's Children (debating if I should use another legion?)

-Daemon Prince with Wings: Elixir, 2 Malefic Talons

-Predator: Austocannon, 2x H. Bolters

-Havocs: 4x Missile Launchers or Lascannon

-Havocs: 4x Autocannons 

------

This is at around 1988 points, so I have more to play around with if I don't switch this up too much. Maybe give the lords some teeth for fighting? Black mace and a murdersword?

Idea is the Noise Marines is to push. On foot they just keep moving and hosing targets that present themselves. Same goes for the group in a rhino...but they are in a rhino while doing it. Basically they go after objectives and be murderous about it. 

Predators back them up with some more firepower. More guns are always fun. Plus, I like tanks.

Daemon prince could have two roles? He could be my counter punch for the advancing NM if they get into a serious tangle or come after something that may try to deep strike into the midst of my army. Or he may try to go hunt after some juicy targets.

Havocs, depending on the field, will hopefully sit in some cover and provide back up. Also, objective grabbers for any in my back field near them.

Anyways, this is the first list I put together for an eighth edition Noise army. Any pointers or guidelines? Previous edition I felt pretty golden with my boys but I with eighth this is new territory still for me as I just haven't played much of it.

*EDIT: copy and paste issue*

Edited by hushrong

-Lord

-Lord

-Chaos Rhino

-Chaos Rhino

------

This is at around 1988 points, so I have more to play around with if I don't switch this up too much. Maybe give the lords some teeth for fighting? Black mace and a murdersword?

Idea is the Noise Marines is to push. On foot they just keep moving and hosing targets that present themselves. Same goes for the group in a rhino...but they are in a rhino while doing it. Basically they go after objectives and be murderous about it. 

Predators back them up with some more firepower. More guns are always fun. Plus, I like tanks.

Daemon prince could have two roles? He could be my counter punch for the advancing NM if they get into a serious tangle or come after something that may try to deep strike into the midst of my army. Or he may try to go hunt after some juicy targets.

Havocs, depending on the field, will hopefully sit in some cover and provide back up. Also, objective grabbers for any in my back field near them.

Anyways, this is the first list I put together for an eighth edition Noise army. Any pointers or guidelines? Previous edition I felt pretty golden with my boys but I with eighth this is new territory still for me as I just haven't played much of it.

-Lord

-Lord

-Chaos Rhino

-Chaos Rhino

------

If you use another legion, you should use alpha legion and keep the mark of slaanesh on your units so they still can use endless cacophony and get the -1 to hit them while firing. also they can use the stratagem to infiltrate them any where you want

Found something I thought was worth bringing up here.

Sonic dreadnought with two blastmasters and a missile launcher (137 points) use it with the stratagem that makes it fire twice and you get 4d3 s8 -2 D3dmg and 2 s8 -2 D6dmg

This is much cheaper in both command points and points compared to using ML havocs or BM noise marines and endless cacophony, haven't tried it yet but I think it gets pretty much the same results if not better for cheaper