++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

What about some Deep Purple Noise marines ? 

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/News_And_Analysis/_News/_SLIDESHOWS/ScenesFromGulfOilSpill/SS_oil_spill_water_smoke.jpg

Dun dun dunnnnn, dun dun dundun, dun dun dunnn dun dunnnnnnnn.

Sunkiller would mean something that kills suns. Probably refering to the absurd destructive power such a unit has.

A sun that kills would be Killersun instead.

The noise marine looks great and I dig your purple. The gold also looks great.

I do want to dig through my FW HH Books and dust off some fluff. And yes, Endless Cacophony is a great thing. My only problem with lascannons is my dice like to roll 1's and 2's to hit.:rolleyes:

Stick a prince near your havocs. Have him drop prescience on them. Now they hit on 2s and reroll 1s, so you may roll any dice you please. :p

If the dice really misbehave, add veterans of the Long War to wound on 2s, too.

Then pick them all up with the slaanesh strat and roll them again.

I do have a prince in my EC list...

But some of my earlier lists had lascannons out the wazoo. Come my turn to shoot and everything missed. Some of my least proud moments where I wanted to throw my dice at my minis and teach them what a hit looks like. Switched up some weapon choices though and its been a good since.

I do have a prince in my EC list...

But some of my earlier lists had lascannons out the wazoo. Come my turn to shoot and everything missed. Some of my least proud moments where I wanted to throw my dice at my minis and teach them what a hit looks like. Switched up some weapon choices though and its been a good since.

Maybe Slaanesh wanted to see a pretty lasershow instead of hearing the usual screaming that time. :tongue.:

What do you think about this fluff'nd fun list. No competitive will what so ever, i just wanted to gather all the typical EC units in 2k points.

HQ : 

Slaanesh Daemon Prince with wing and hellsword : 180 pts

Spell : Delight full agony, intoxicatin elixir, warlord (with EC warlord's trait)

Lucius the Eternal : 115 pts

Slaanesh Sorcerer w/ backpack : 126 pts
Spell : Prescience, Warptime

Troops :

- Cultist (10) : 40 pts

- Noise Marines (10) : 254 pts

7 Sonic blaster, 2 Blastmaster, IoE, Doom Siren and double plasma pistol on Noise Champ

- Noise Marines (9) : 224 pts

7 Sonic blaster, 1 Blastmaster, IoE, Doom Siren, Power sword and combi-bolter on Noise Champ

Elit : 

Palatin Blade (5 Chosen) : 110 pts
  - 5 power sword, IoE

Emperor’s Children Sonic Dreadnought  : 137 pts
  - 2 Blastmaster, Missile launcher

Phoenix Gard (5 Terminators) : 267 pts
  - 5 Power axe (for Phoenix power spear), 4 Combi-Plasma, IoE

Support :

Debaser (Slaanesh Defiler) : 212 pts
  - Defiler claws, Autocanon, Heavy Flamers, combi-flamers

Sunkiller squad (6 Havok) : 203 pts
  - 4 Lascanon

+ 2 Chaos Rhino w/ combi-bolter

Edited by DreamIsCollapsing

I don't think you can shoot with both pistols on death tho. And another issue I just noticed is that you can't shoot with the Pistols and the Doom Siren at the same time. ^^

Oh damn you are right. Goodbye double plasma pistol, i think i'll just get power sword+plasma pistol. 

Or maybe i can split the palatine squad. Give each palatin model the place of Champion for Noise marine and havoc and add 5 possessed instead. 

Possessed are also fluff in an EC. 

Do you guys know if Palatine blade were always together in palatine squad or if they could take post of Sergent among their brother (and regroup in one squad on particular occasion). 

Edited by DreamIsCollapsing

Quick question. Where is the rules for Sonic Dreads? I have had a flick through te FW Index but I must have missed it.

FW FAQ. It says Emperor's Children can use the Helbrute but replace the Multimelta with double Blastmaster and can give it a Doom Siren. ;)

Quick question. Where is the rules for Sonic Dreads? I have had a flick through te FW Index but I must have missed it.

FW FAQ. It says Emperor's Children can use the Helbrute but replace the Multimelta with double Blastmaster and can give it a Doom Siren. :wink:

Groovy :tu:

I was wondering what you guys think about slaaneshi obliterators vs Havocs with lascannon or missile launchers as an anti-tank and such. The Obliterators come to 195 points and the havocs 165 points.

The obliterators have way more shots, but I'm not a fan of all that randomness and the short range that comes with their weapons.

I can run both in my bigger lists, but I'm not sure which one to play in my smaller lists.

The Obliterators look good and their fleshmetal guns with the dice roll additions looks fun as well. The 24" range isn't shabby. The Obliterator's save and ability to teleport are also REALLY nice. 

For Havocs I run mostly missile launchers for longer range and two types of ammo. I have one type to deal with infantry and another type for tanks so they are a bit more 'all-comers'. I like lascannons but I can't roll a hit to save my life if I equip my boys with them. With that range I like to stick them in cover with a good view.

Each are good just depends on what the rest of your army is built up of and what you have points left for.

Edited by hushrong

Dunno, I really like the S9 of the Lascannons against T8 stuff but Havocs (especially Slaanesh ones) are obviously a high priority target for the opponent so they might get nuked before being able to shoot. Obliterators have the advantage of starting the game in reserves instead.

I think both have their advantages.

Missile Launchers I try to avoid completely because we have access to Blastmaster which are essentially just cheaper and better Missile Launchers. :P

That is a fair question. My havocs tend to take a lot of fire, which is why I run them in 10 man squads, usually in a building, so when the enemy stormraven invariably targets them with everything I don’t end up losing the big guns. My chief struggle with oblits is their durability suffered a lot with the edition change - they go down quick to missile launchers and auto cannons; th multiwound and 2+ mean less now than they ever did. Plus invuln saves in general got quite the nerf.

On the flip side you can start them off th table and guarantee you will never lose them to an alpha strike.

I suppose I like reliability in my stats. S9 AP-3 is the best The oblit guns will ever do, but th lascannons come with it guaranteed. I like “knowing” that my unit will perform as dedicated Anti tank and can be relied upon to have the stats for it.

I think oblits make for a good source of redundancy in the list though, capable of shoring up whatever aspect is underperforming. It’s just a different role.

Dunno, I really like the S9 of the Lascannons against T8 stuff but Havocs (especially Slaanesh ones) are obviously a high priority target for the opponent so they might get nuked before being able to shoot. Obliterators have the advantage of starting the game in reserves instead.

I think both have their advantages.

Missile Launchers I try to avoid completely because we have access to Blastmaster which are essentially just cheaper and better Missile Launchers. :P

Your right havocs do get targeted first, but I tend to play a sorcerer next to them to cast presience and delightful agony, making them a bit more resilient. But this only works if I go first.

As for the missile launchers vs blastmasters, well I would obviously take a full four blastmasters havoc squad if I could but I can't, so I have make do with the missile launchers.

Here's to hoping we get blastmasters havocs in an upcoming Emperor's children codex