++ Excessive Perfection - An Emperor's Children Community ++

Forté

Oh man. I forgot about the price of the Dark Elves box. Now I remember why I kept putting off getting some to convert for my beastmen in Bloodbowl.

The goliath and the wood elves are pretty sweet. I wonder if its easy to put autopistols on their hands and a blade in the other, like those Tzaangor things our ashen brethren use. Rifles would probably need a bit of work to do two handed.

Oh man. I forgot about the price of the Dark Elves box. Now I remember why I kept putting off getting some to convert for my beastmen in Bloodbowl.

The goliath and the wood elves are pretty sweet. I wonder if its easy to put autopistols on their hands and a blade in the other, like those Tzaangor things our ashen brethren use. Rifles would probably need a bit of work to do two handed.

If you have pistols it wouldn’t be too hard to put some in the (wood elf)’s hands :tu: I simply didn’t have any spare :D

The arms are quite poseable (ball-and-socket style rather than flat surfaces) so you might be able to do some rifle-holders but it would take some work, true.

Oh and talking of beastmen...

Gors:

med_gallery_63428_9407_122400.jpg

Those got some spare laspistols and scratchbuilt pistols.

And Ungors. The arms for giving them bows, with hand swaps, make them easier to give rifles than the Gors.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8353/8304139038_09a827b08d.jpg

Seeing all those conversions made me think about smomething,

So I've been in dire need of some bikes. I think the chaos bikers are a great kit, but I think I'd like to go on a more mutated path for my guys. I was thinking of making centor-like marines, not with a horse's body but with something more menacing. For now I thought about the dragon ogors but I don't know if the size is right.

Any thoughts?

They look great, could definetly strap a marine torso on top of that and have myself some crazy looking centaurs. Do you know how big they are tho? I couldn't find the information anywhere and wouldn't want to realise they're to big to pass for bikes when I get them.

Go search "lust elfs centaure" on google to get some inspiration.

Those baguette lads really nailed Slaanesh and I'm gonna use this as Slaanesh fiend.

That's also a great alternative for fiends!

Looking at the Necromunda releases, I’m thinking the Escher gang will be great for cultists.

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/FW-OpenDay-Nec4lxqd-e1504143482410.jpg

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/FW-OpenDay-Nec1jrtsx-e1504143542566.jpg

DM

Edited by Dark_Master

I did some convertions for my bikes/centaur with dark elves cold ones that where laying around in drawer full of bits and whatever I could get my hands on (I don't have a lot of money right now so I'm using all the bits I have left over from my old kits) for what I had to make them I think they turned out all right and wanted to post some pictures here, but I don't know how. Could anyone help me with that?

I recommend using B&C's gallery. So go to your profile and you should see a tab for Gallery. Click on that and follow the steps to make an album and get your images uploaded.

Then you just link the image and post them.

Gonna play a 2v2 with 1k points on per player friday. Me together with an AdMech player (mostly Skitarii) vs Grey Knights and Death Guard. Don't ask, we rolled for it. Something something Tzeentch. :teehee:

Since I decided to wait for the actual EC Codex to get released I only have some leftover models I bought from ebay whenever I felt like wanting to paint something Chaos and to try out color schemes. Plus I got gifted 10 Daemonettes so I just barely reach 1k points. :biggrin.:

Gonna try the following list:

+++  [43 PL, 895pts] +++
++ Patrol Detachment (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) ++

:HQ:
Daemon Prince with Wings: Intoxicating Elixir, Malefic talon, Warp bolter
Slaanesh: Diabolic Strength

Sorcerer: Combi-plasma, Delightful Agonies, Force sword, Mark of Slaanesh, Warptime

:Troops:
Noise Marines: Icon of Excess
Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster
3x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 3x Sonic Blaster
Noise Champion: Doom siren, Power axe, Sonic blaster

Noise Marines: Icon of Excess
Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster
3x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 3x Sonic Blaster
Noise Champion: Doom siren, Power axe, Sonic blaster

+ Dedicated Transport +
Chaos Rhino: Combi-bolter, Combi-melta, Havoc launcher, Mark of Slaanesh

++ Patrol Detachment (Chaos - FW Heretic Astartes) ++

:Elite:
Sonic Dreadnought: Doom siren, Twin blastmaster
Helbrute fist: Heavy flamer

And the rest in reinforcement points for the 10 Daemonettes with Icon and Instrument. Definitely not the most min-maxed list and I wish I had like 10 more CP for all the Stratagems, however this will have to do.
I'm just scared to face the GK D3 smite and re-rolling wounds with my Daemon Prince....and the DG Deathshrouds if they ever get to catch me. :teehee:
Edited by sfPanzer

"Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the cosmos, and its sound is like razors through flesh. It can not be explained. There is no language for such abysms of shrieking and immemorial lunacy - such contradictions of cosmic order. There is a world out there waiting to yield to us. I am offering you a place at my right hand - flesh, power, dominion." - Daemon Prince Cynaes the Peerless

Returning 40k player and B&C user here. Started an Emperor's Children army after decades of neglecting Slaanesh. Loving 8th ed, and loving the Third Legion!

Some pics of my progress so far.

CSKHThG.jpg

e7PEoWd.jpg

gHx6Ehb.jpg

Gu0HCYg.jpg

TWMtv22.jpg

ENYEqH6.jpg

Dh1n6am.jpg

F1Kn6Ro.jpg

What will be Emperor's children without the adoration of Cultist ?

Here are a squad of mine, either seduced by Dark apostle whisper or kidnapped and now to addicted of aallll this drugs..

Yes they were told how to hold a gun.

And yes they were to much stoned to remember. 

sfPanzer, how'd your game go? Very interested in the Sonic Dreads performance.

Cynaes, Welcome back to the fold! Your minis look great! I especially love all the free hand work.

DreamIsCollapsing, the dark elves with the wrack's mask look awesome!

Okay the game got played. Just a bit differently. The AdMech player had to leave after the first half of the first turn so we decided to play 1v2. The one being the DG player with everything he had (about 1300p) and the GK player with me splitting points 50/50. So no Daemons, no Sorcerer, no Rhino and the Noise Marines in a unit of 10.

Well what can I say. The GK killed 9/10 Poxwalker with shooting and psychic stuff and via the vortex one of the Deathshrouds who was too close to the Poxwalker as well. The 10 Noise Marines with VotLW Stratagem and nearby Daemon Prince killed the other two Deathshrouds and with a second round of shooting the last Poxwalker (only thing in range for the Doom Siren lol) and took 3 wounds off of the Drone. The Daemon Prince failed to give the NM the 5+ FnP (rolled a 1 and a 2 so I didn't even bother trying to re-roll there) and charged the Lord of Contagion. Kinda a mistake but I wanted to see how much he can do in melee against him. Got him down to one wound in two battlerounds and died after 10 more Poxwalker (who did nothing) and a Plague Caster charged in to help. :D

Overall we pretty much obliterated him due getting in a good first turn alpha strike. We only lost my Daemon Prince, one Noise Marine and a GK Grandmaster before he gave up (with a Drone with 1 wound, a proxed Plagueburst Crawler and a handful Plague Marines left).

Noise Marine shooting with Stratagem support and re-rolling 1s is scary....

The shooting from that one unit felt stronger than the shooting of my whole 1.5k T'au army lol

The Sonic Dread didn't do much. He was sitting back on an objective (we were playing with the open war cards, got the mission to find the supply cache....rolled for the one he was sitting on first, rolled the 6, lost all reason to ever move him the whole game lol) and I didn't roll particularly good for my Blastmaster. The Sonic Dread as well as the two in the Noise Marines always only managed to get two wounds through with the high strength profile.

What does everyone think of the rumors that Fulgrim is on his way in 2018?

Not unlikely but not credible enough to get my hopes up that much. Either Angron or Fulgrim are to be expected in 2018. Angrons arrival got prevented on Armageddon and Fulgrim already got reported as being active and we know he mentally attacked Guilliman and almost won there already. So if I had to bet my money would be on Fulgrim.

Fact of the day: 6 minimum size noise marine squads each with a blastmaster and 4 sonic blasters clock in at 666 points, praise Slaanesh!

Now, start making those brigade detachments count. ;)

I'm looking at a bunch of noise marines and obliterators to serve as 'sonic terminators'. Do you guys have any ideas for base models to make Slaanesh obliterators from? I'm making the first three out of blinged-up deathshrouds with sonic weapons.

Fact of the day: 6 minimum size noise marine squads each with a blastmaster and 4 sonic blasters clock in at 666 points, praise Slaanesh!

Now, start making those brigade detachments count. :wink:

I'm looking at a bunch of noise marines and obliterators to serve as 'sonic terminators'. Do you guys have any ideas for base models to make Slaanesh obliterators from? I'm making the first three out of blinged-up deathshrouds with sonic weapons.

Damn you! Now I'm conflicted between taking Doom Sirens or not! >.<

Obliterators as Sonic Terminators sounds awesome but I'll wait for the EC Codex before making such decisions. :P