[HH1.0] Iron Warriors Tactics

AfroCampbell

According to 1D4Chan...

Apparently Siege Tyrants are listed as an Elites choice on page 19 of the new Age of Darkness Legions book - meaning they could be taken as Elites OR Heavy Support.

Can anyone with the book confirm?

According to 1D4Chan...

Apparently Siege Tyrants are listed as an Elites choice on page 19 of the new Age of Darkness Legions book - meaning they could be taken as Elites OR Heavy Support.

Can anyone with the book confirm?

Confirmed. p. 19, first paragraph (Legion specific units") says:

The Iron Warriors Legion has particular access to two additional unit types: Tyrant siege Terminator Squads (which are an elites choice  on the force Organisation chart) and Iron Havoc Support Squads (which are a Heavy Support choice on the Force Organisation chart).

This is obviously due to a lazy copy & paste job from the old LA Istvaan Campaign Legions book,

but since the heavy support sign in that same new book may be a typo just as well ... how could anybody know? =)

Dantioch's company, I see ;)

I would feel good about the whirlwind scorpius in squadrons, not so much about the regular ones (classic count-as candidate - in 40k, you can use them as wyverns, too).

I can see some use only for the castellan missiles against milia or veangeace against solar auxilia, but quad launchers are so much better still in any case.

I wish the scorpius was in squadrons lol.

Unfortunately there isn'the much you can do with legion basilisks and medusa in 40k.

If whirlwind could choose all 3 missile types (kinda wish the mine template returned too) without sacrificing anything, they would be a lot more attractive.

How do whirlwind do in an AA role?

If you aren't going to use Basilisks/ Medusas.... Whirlwinds are pretty nifty. Super Cheap and will annoy the hell out of the opponent. Pretty great against other 30k factions too.

If they devote resources to killing them then just lol.

Scorpius should NOT be squadroned. If it did, each tank should cost 150.

This - Vindicators are okay because they need line of sight, medusas can only be one choice are expensive and have weak armour.

Squadroned scorpius would literally be the final nail in the coffin of massed foot armies.

"I'm going to drop 12 S8 ap3 barrage blasts on you now m'kay."

I also think Sicaran's should stay a single per choice. They are incredibly powerful and hard to manufacture, otherwise they'd be an obvious pick over Predators and the like.

Edited by Charlo

Scorpius should NOT be squadroned. If it did, each tank should cost 150.

This - Vindicators are okay because they need line of sight, medusas can only be one choice are expensive and have weak armour.

Squadroned scorpius would literally be the final nail in the coffin of massed foot armies.

"I'm going to drop 12 S8 ap3 barrage blasts on you now m'kay."

I also think Sicaran's should stay a single per choice. They are incredibly powerful and hard to manufacture, otherwise they'd be an obvious pick over Predators and the like.

And this is different than  1-3 groups of 3 rapier mortars doing the same thing and more resilient?

Agree it would be broken just like the mortars are now:(.

Thing is, Frag Shells arent Ap3 or S8, and Phosphex (S4 Ap3 Poisoned 3+) requires a Siege Breaker to Unlock. Shatter Shells (S8 Ap4) are only direct fire too and not blasts.

So not really in the same realm as 2-4 S8 Ap3 Barrage Blasts per Scorpius since you at least get FNP vs Phosphex.

Edited by Slipstreams

Thing is, Frag Shells arent Ap3 or S8, and Phosphex (S4 Ap3 Poisoned 3+) requires a Siege Breaker to Unlock. Shatter Shells (S8 Ap4) are only direct fire too.

So not really in the same realm as 2-4 S8 Ap3 Barrage Blasts per Scorpius since you at least get FNP vs Phosphex.

Especially if you hail from Barbaras :devil:

Yeah, Scorpius war mad strong for the points. I could see us maybe getting a rule that unlocks them squadron'd at a high points level (like 5k?) to represent the insane heresy warfare, but at that point you could just be playing Apoc.

Thought:

What if our Librarians are allowed to use the New 40k Space Marine Psychic Powers? (they currently aren't allowed)

1. Take Libby.
  2. Slap On Iron Circle
  3. Roll of Fulmination or Geokenisis (not both since our Libbies are specifically restricted to rolling on 1 tree)
  4. Get the Movement Shenanigan Powers
  5. Use them to full effect
  6. Potentially get a T1 Iron Circle Charge Off.
  7. ????
  8. Profit.

It would solve their main weakness: Being Slow.

Feel free to proxy test this out but I'm kinda glad we dont have legit access to those powers in 30k since it would turn into "Primarch + Bodyguard + Librarian T1 Charge Fiesta" and this one would have the potential for being one of the sillier ones.