[HH1.0] Tactica Chainaxe: World Eaters

LongGone

8 cortus with chain fist and 2 grav bomb.

That is a beautiful thing.

you should count the number of infantries i have.

Pics or it didn't happen.

This was 2500pts event, but here's the link to the album

https://imgur.com/gallery/36myR

8 cortus with chain fist and 2 grav bomb.

That is a beautiful thing.
you should count the number of infantries i have.
Pics or it didn't happen.

This was 2500pts event, but here's the link to the album

https://imgur.com/gallery/36myR

I hoped that so many dudes must be look crappy but damn they're looking gooooood.

• 1 month later...

Alright, hopefully i can get some advice here.

I've decided to get an allied force of World Eaters for my Iron Warriors(Sworn Brothers and all...)

I'm thinking as a start i'll have a jump chaplain, some jump apothecaries, two legion assault squads and a rampager squad.

To further expand i'll propably get a jump praetor to allow Berzerker Assault or The Crimson Path, but i'm not sure which one is better along the Iron Warriors?

Does the Crimson Path stack with the Apothecaries FnP?

First of all, great to see new people for the XII.

If you plan on using rampagers, don't overload on their equipment, they are already pretty expensive.

Berserker Assault is more versatile, because you just need to be outside of your deployment zone which should be pretty easy. Also it would save you the points of the chaplain, so I personally would take it.

The stacking fnp sounds good at first but you need to be in the opponents deployment and before that it doesn't get you anything.

Yeah, think i'll go with Berzerker Assault to begin with, until i have the funds to get some drop pods.

Eventually i'll propably expand into a larger World Eaters force, with dreads, land raiders and maybe some artillery. I already have Angron painted up, so it seems a shame not to have a sizeable force to accompany him.

• 1 month later...

So lets celebrate the fact that the XII is currently the only Legion able to give its primarch a fnp via apothecary (Surlak).

Why?

Because Surlak has a special narthecium with different rules, than the normal one.

So lets celebrate the fact that the XII is currently the only Legion able to give its primarch a fnp via apothecary (Surlak).

Why?

Because Surlak has a special narthecium with different rules, than the normal one.
Space Wolves have their own rule as well. ;)

But I'll take it.

• 2 months later...

I realise this is a niche question and probably sub-optimal but here goes.

I intend to build a XIIth Legion champion to be my HQ for zone mortalis boarding actions. For narrative reasons I want him to have one of the cadaere weapons. Which one would be best for a consul who expects to be fighting challenges and murdering infantry in tight corridors?

Huge axe counting as a paragon blade is a good idea, and I do like the excoriator chainaxe model. That's probably the best balance of style and substance for me.

I'm finding it hard to articulate how disappointed I am with the caedere weapons. They're a superb opportunity for unique modelling but they're objectively a poor use of 15 points every time. I was hoping for a response like 'this weapon is ok if you come up against x or y' but they don't seem to even have any niche applications. :verymad:

While looking up the rules for paragon blades I discovered that chainaxes got a +1 strength buff that I'd forgotten about. Which is nice.

Huge axe counting as a paragon blade is a good idea, and I do like the excoriator chainaxe model. That's probably the best balance of style and substance for me.

I'm finding it hard to articulate how disappointed I am with the caedere weapons. They're a superb opportunity for unique modelling but they're objectively a poor use of 15 points every time. I was hoping for a response like 'this weapon is ok if you come up against x or y' but they don't seem to even have any niche applications. :verymad:

While looking up the rules for paragon blades I discovered that chainaxes got a +1 strength buff that I'd forgotten about. Which is nice.

I find it very easy to articulate how disappointed I am with the caedere weapons.

They suck although the weapons look cool and are uber fluffy.

They have to rewrite their rules completely.

• 3 months later...

How do people feel about outrider squads? I'm thinking of chucking a legion champion on a bike, paragon blade, with an apothecary, and a ten man outrider squad with a couple of power axes in there too. I figure they should be able to carve through a lot of stuff, maybe even terminator squads?

Anyone got experiences with them. They're just such cool models, and very fluffy for World Eaters too I feel

How do people feel about outrider squads? I'm thinking of chucking a legion champion on a bike, paragon blade, with an apothecary, and a ten man outrider squad with a couple of power axes in there too. I figure they should be able to carve through a lot of stuff, maybe even terminator squads?

Anyone got experiences with them. They're just such cool models, and very fluffy for World Eaters too I feel

I played six dudes with two power axes and they smashed every vehicle they've touched.

Four attacks strength 5 on the charge is enough for almost any tank with rear armour of 10 or 11.

Edited by Gorgoff

I played six dudes with two power axes and they smashed every vehicle they've touched.

Four attacks strength 5 on the charge is enough for almost any tank with rear armour of 10 or 11.

Nice mate, appreciate the input. Chuck chainaxes on all the rest too? Since they also buff up to S5. Rerolling 1s with Berzerker Assault, it's gonna be messy. I never considered running them as vehicle killers, more to wipe infantry, but yeah, would fill that AT role well

And like I said, I wanna run legion champ with em to, WS7 in a challenge, T5, he's gonna hurt stuff

Edited by Brad_hutcho