New Codex thoughts and ideas

Zeratil

I agree mostly and am anxious for a few games. Only then will I know how to play with this army and I had just gotten used to it, haha.  The shift and ability to take more, and less in some ways is very intriguing.  Also AnImA8, very nice break down, we'll see in the games to come. I know the one thing that I wish I had around my gaming area, a Demon player, oh well I will just have to be happy throttling CSM, no lack of those around here.

BTW, anybody read the Nemesis banner, I like it, cheap but effective. I have to admit that the book is gonna take a bit to learn to navigate...

Found it now. Why didn't they add a page number for those.

It's a little weird, took me a bit to find too. There was also like an hour where I was almost seething with rage because I couldn't find the turn 1 strikeforce detachment and started to suspect they printed it in the white dwarf only. I was ready to give the game up at that point, then I found it flipping through the back. Weird how the brotherhood formation is in one place and that detachment in a completely different one.

Forgive me if this is against the rules, but is there battlescribe files available with the new codex options and point levels? I'm so used to using bs I don't want to have to go old school with a pen and paper

They do indeed. They don't have the nemesis strike formation in yet but they have the new costs and such. They are fast.

On the subject of assassins, the Culexus Assassin's Animus Speculum can only fire as many shots as WC it absorbs around it (12" radius) plus up to 3 WCs from the player's pool.

Forgive me if this is against the rules, but is there battlescribe files available with the new codex options and point levels? I'm so used to using bs I don't want to have to go old school with a pen and paper

They do indeed. They don't have the nemesis strike formation in yet ...

Nemesis Strike Force Detachment...it isn't a Formation.

They do indeed. They don't have the nemesis strike formation in yet but they have the new costs and such. They are fast.

On the subject of assassins, the Culexus Assassin's Animus Speculum can only fire as many shots as WC it absorbs around it (12" radius) plus up to 3 WCs from the player's pool.

Where? I can't seem to find it

@Valerian

I meant detachment. Don't even know if they have formations. Just started using it two days ago.

@thraxdown

I searched battlescribe & went to the link that said data files. Once on that page click on the link that says github & on the right should be a link that has all the files in a zip file.

@Valerian

I meant detachment. Don't even know if they have formations. Just started using it two days ago.

@thraxdown

I searched battlescribe & went to the link that said data files. Once on that page click on the link that says github & on the right should be a link that has all the files in a zip file.

thanks! what do you do with the zip? I have traditionally used BS on my ipad, but I can't seem to get these files to be recognized

edit: got it!

@Valerian

@thraxdown

thanks! what do you do with the zip? I have traditionally used BS on my ipad, but I can't seem to get these files to be recognized

Did you get the new GK file? I've just downloaded the wh40K file from here:

http://battlescribedata.appspot.com/#/repos

And it doesn't contain the 2014 GK codex despite that codex being present here:

https://github.com/BSData/wh40k

It just doesn't show up when I try to create a new roster.

@Valerian

There is only one Formation in the codex, but it isn't useful at all (much like the Formation in the Space Wolves codex).  The Detachment is nice, though, if you want to try a Teleport Assault style army.

@Valerian

@thraxdown

How did you get it? I'm having the same problem

Btw, has anyone gotten the limited edition? How is it?

Archived