++ The Brotherhood of Dust - A Thousand Sons Community ++

Oh I don't think there's going to be 'marks' persay.

All you have to do is look at Deathguard. I think they will get special Keyword faction bonuses like every army in the game, but from their Dataslate it appears standard "Mark of X" bonuses are already in the dataslates. Deathguard show us they have +1 T and "Disgustingly Resilient" attached to the Dataslate.

I keep thinking to myself "hey when they released the Ahriman mini they knew 8th was in a few months.. Surely they would have thought WE GOTTA DO THIS GUY JUSTICE"

It's like with the Rubrics... Yes we need points and yes All is Dust is situational, but it's quite clear that they put thought into the unit finally.

I will eat my horned hat if his rules bite

I don't think I mind 20-21 puts per rubric myself, but I can't help feeling very trolled after seeing the 18 next to the rubric marine in the summary and later finding out that they have to buy their basic equipment later. I find that really irritating...

I keep thinking to myself "hey when they released the Ahriman mini they knew 8th was in a few months.. Surely they would have thought WE GOTTA DO THIS GUY JUSTICE"

It's like with the Rubrics... Yes we need points and yes All is Dust is situational, but it's quite clear that they put thought into the unit finally.

I will eat my horned hat if his rules bite

Lift yourself into the enumerations brother; Tizcan sentimentality at its finest :wink:   (Anyone who doesn't get this reference; READ TALON OF HORUS. If you like 1k sons just do it.) 

We will be just fine, I think Ahriman and Magnus will be fantastic.  And now we have a basic troop choice that's worth its salt (dust?).... therefore I think its safe to be rather optimistic. 

And Magnus with an AOE legion buff for Rubricae...along with being STR 16, 18 wounds, 4++ re-rolling ones... and supposedly the fly keyword..... Like i said in the other thread...

"How Do I intend on winning with thousand sons? Rubricae, lots and lots of Rubricae with Magnus at the center....and when you engage me in combat Magnus is going to fly over them...turn to you, and beat you to death for having the audacity to touch his dusty children..." 

"How Do I intend on winning with thousand sons? Rubricae, lots and lots of Rubricae with Magnus at the center....and when you engage me in combat Magnus is going to fly over them...turn to you, and beat you to death for having the audacity to touch his dusty children..." 

- I was thinking of this myself, but what I don't see going well is games with stuff like Orks and Nids where elite shooting, and spamming Mortal Wounds may not clear enough bodies, in enough time.  Also the scenarios seem quite different (on top of what we already have seen in 7th). But it's definitely a good start.

Magnus was a fool.. and you are fool for trusting him.

(You too Prot)

- I'm not touching this with a 10 foot pole... but it would be fun to poke you on this. ;)

Magnus was a fool.. and you are fool for trusting him.

(You too Prot)

Under cover space wolf.....something is wrong with this brother.

My brother has lots of issues... it's really not something I hide. ;)

Oh I don't think there's going to be 'marks' persay.

All you have to do is look at Deathguard. I think they will get special Keyword faction bonuses like every army in the game, but from their Dataslate it appears standard "Mark of X" bonuses are already in the dataslates. Deathguard show us they have +1 T and "Disgustingly Resilient" attached to the Dataslate.

Which only works for units that are dedicated to only one Mark. I doubt we'll see four versions of Chaos Terminators etc.

Also check out the 8th Edition Rumours thread. Rule of one is a thing in matched play *sigh*

- I was thinking of this myself, but what I don't see going well is games with stuff like Orks and Nids where elite shooting, and spamming Mortal Wounds may not clear enough bodies, in enough time.  Also the scenarios seem quite different (on top of what we already have seen in 7th). But it's definitely a good start.

You dont think so? I mean Magnus + Rubrics + some sorcerer back up?  

Rubrics with a mix of reapers, flamers, and bolters.  Plenty of magicyness, flamers to punish charges, decent ranged damage output. and hopefully points to spare in 2k for some heavy AT fire (Pred? Forgefiend? maybe even a LR?)  

Seems like a decent basis for a list. I mean cultists at 5-6 points each, and tzaangors at 7, seems like we can also spam bodies if we need to ;-) Its a nice change of pace actually having good troops :p 

Besides thats where "all is dust" comes in...those ork boy attacks look ALOT less scary when every model has a 2+ save and a 5++ invul from the claw. even from basic shooting ya know? 

I think what we've seen with Orks is it would be best to wait and see how nasty stuff like "whaagh' and Ghazgkull is. I just have a feeling that's going to be one nasty army for us. Nids too. Just a hunch though.

Tzeench powers: 

>Boon of Change 
Blessing, target friendly and roll a d3 
1 = +1Str 
2 = +1A 
3 = +1T 

>Bolt of Change 
Do d3 Mortal Wounds. If you kill a Character, get a Spawn 

>Treason of Tzeentch 
Target non Warlord Character 
Roll 2d6. If equal or lower to Character's Ld, nothing happens 

If Greater may control Character in Shooting, Assault, and Fight subphase.

>exalted on disc gain fly, cavalry and daemon and lose infantry 

>m12" s4 t4 ws2+, w5 4a 
>staff is s+2 ap-1 d3 
>can cast 2 powers and dispel 1 
>5++ he and his sons within 6 reroll 1 on the save 

>same stats for arhyman, but the staff does directly 3 damage, his inv is 4++ 
>can cast 3 spells and dispel 3, has a +1 for the attempts 

>the scarab have 2w t4 s4, hit on 3, all is dust, don't have penalty for moving and shooting; sorcerer knows both smite and another power 
>heavy warpflamer 8" s5 ap-2 d1 
>Combirequiem inferno rapid fire 2 range 24 s4 -1 d1.  (They believe it is a typo and it will most likely be -2 AP)
>Soulreaper range 24 heavy 4 s5 -3 d1 
>missile system 24 heavy 2 s8 -2 d3

Just wanted to add the above from the main Chaos 8th leaks thread. Some very good news in there... except the disk is a bit perplexing becoming a 'daemon'? Treason is really decent though.  And I LOVE being able to turn stuff into spawns. It might be more limited in this edition, but at least the mechanism is there. ;)

Whilst I'm over the moon at how good the rubricae look, I'm very much worried by the Psychic focus hamstringing our sorcerers and also as to wherever we will be able to take that many in a list, which may be vital to actually getting them past dispell attempts and to ensure you still have some decent casters after perils.
Debating getting a leviathan, contemptor or helldrake to add to the Rubricae hoard.

For a disc of Tzeentch gaining fly makes sense, gaining demon makes sense as it happens in AoS. It's the cavalry thing thst doesnt make sense to me maybe it is exchange infantry for cavalry so they can't ride in transports.

They don't seem to get +1 T anymore from the Disk which to be honest seems really decent in this era of the game.

I'm not sure we've seen the extent of Psychic prowess yet from Thousand Sons so still waiting for that.

Also excited just generally about the Rubrics and the Icon of Flame (not sure if the rules are legit for it though.... plus I haven't heard cost.)

Not sure about the Soul reaper Cannon on Termies though. If I understand Scarab rules, their Bolter is 2 shots rapid fire 24". Not really sure if the Soul Reaper is worth it. Heavy Flamers too.

Just seen the Space wolf powers, looks like it's back to them being better/more effective in the psychic phase then us

I actually think that even the basic CSM powers are better than the SW ones. I mean the ability to move a unit in the psychic phase is brutal! :D 

Also notice that the Deathguard psychic powers are called "Contagion Discipline", not "Nurgle Discipline". So I would assume that those Tzeentch powers are the ones Daemons get and we will get something like "Change Discipline" etc.

Really? Infernal gaze seems a worse smite, the accuracy one would be nice if it wasn't so high to cast and the movement is nice, but you need to be very close and it only effects one unit.
The wolf buffs on the other hand are easy to cast and Jaws will be reliably wiping out terminators and the like.

Infernal gaze is pretty much a weaker smite but lets you pick the target. And I think it's too early to say if the Wolves will be better at casting stuff. We can compare that once we have seen the Thousand Sons discipline and how our Sorcerers actually cast stuff. I would imagine that Exalted Sorcs get some bonus to casting etc.

Okay so I just logged in after waking up; 

First reaction; HOLY HELL YES!!!!   We might have some of *the* most resilient models in the game. This is fan-freakin-tastic. and once we know the extent of the rules we can figure out just how deadly we are in comparison, and how resilient...needless to say Its lookin up gents! 

Scarab occult seem great, the missiles are great, but I do agree I need to have a closer look at the soul reaper and figure it out before taking it in every unit, although im inclined to do so as it retains its threat even at 12-24 inchs.   If true regarding the armor save re-roll....this is rather amazing. Given that 

Second reaction; why so perturbed my brothers?   Relax; we will have plenty of spell slinging going on. Space wolves having a couple nice spells doesn't make them "better" casters then us.  We have a decent list, and tons of smite, combined with quality shooting; A

Also for anyone; http://imgur.com/a/m4L2J

CHAOS! 

Tzaangors are great now as well fyi. 

Archived