XIII - How I stopped worrying...Painting Started! ^_^

Aqui

Hey there fellow son of Guilliman, looks like a very promising project! I look forward to updates!!!

Thanks for the interest! happy.png

I've actually made a fair bit of progress today smile.png

gallery_51296_9949_53379.jpg

The blue came out far darker than I wanted originally, but I quite like it, it's easy enough to carry on painting in bulk (I bought Magragge blue spray a couple of days ago), so I'm going with it happy.png

I'd have carried on, but the Marines are still wet from the Guilliman blue wash and I've got other stuff to get done, so it'll be tomorrow (hopefully) when I get a chance to carry on.

I also need to find my proper camera and set up a proper light box to take pictures...

I've got some more progress to report! blink.png

med_gallery_51296_9949_669995.jpg

med_gallery_51296_9949_226190.jpg

I haven't written any more background yet, but I'll be sure to explore more of the Chapters' mindset and that of those within the Chapter smile.png

I have to say that it's the first time I painted the soft armour in a different colour to the rest of the model. I'll be doing that from now on. Even the best models I've done from last year look rather unfinished compared to these, just for that reason. The same goes for the Contemptor. Painting this one with Leadbelcher to break the model up just makes it look far better. I alos decided to paint the Mark III the way I have as I saw a few other Mark III models done similarly and they looked very good happy.png The relationship between Mark III and Mark IV and myself is a weird one. I used to hate them both, Mark III in my eyes (until recently) being a poor attempt at 30K Steam punk, and Mark IV's helm reminded me too much of a duck who ran into a wall blink.png Now, I really like them.

Then again, when GW released Mark VII I couldn't stand that either. As for Mark VIII...well, it always reminds me of this fellow laugh.png Mark VI is the only armour that I fell in love with the moment I saw it wub.png

Anyway, as a few people know, I went to Salute a while ago and I picked up the limited edition Iron Warrior and Alpha Legionnaire. Once I've done the Mark III/IV and the Contemptor, I'll be painting them next for three reasons. Firstly, to give myself a bit of a break from painting blue (and to build up the courage to start on the Deredeo Dreadnought wub.png ). They'll also be the start of my I-XX Legion diorama I want to do, which has been discussed here. Thirdly, as a tribute to a few people on the board (and in this part of it in particular). I tend to lurk here, in part due to having sparce knowledge of the HH, reading as much as I can and, when viewing a lot of the WIP's, being in awe of what I see.

They will be for them smile.png

I've just noticed that this topic has had over 5K views - thank you for that! I would ask that if anyone has any tips, ideas or feedback to give, then please, please, please do so!

• 1 month later...

A brief post, to say that once ETL (and a few other things) have been dealt with, I shall be continuing with this. With the revelation that the Inceptors are in fact green and that their Chapter symbol is a lot different than I thought it'd be, I've decided to change tack to the XIII proper, but modelling remnants of various Chapters. It'll give me a fair bit of wiggle room when it comes for ideas (my own Thiel, for example)

Also, this happened:

med_gallery_51296_5089_521875.jpg

and...THIS:

med_gallery_51296_9949_1441441.jpg

As a certain Racoon is fond of saying..."Oh...YEAH!"

Archived