++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

So I am toying with this 2k list to represent a more fluffy (but still semi competitive) force of Iron Warriors. The list bombards while assault and capture and control groups move up, taking objectives and smashing opposition. What do people think:

Detachment 1

The Purge

HQ - Archdemagogue w. Covenant of Nurgle and Ordinance Tyrant.

Elites - Spawn

Elites - Spawn

Elites - Earthshaker Cannon

Elites - Earthshaker Cannon

Troops - Quad Cannon, Heavy Mortar
Troops - Quad Cannon, Heavy Mortar
Troops - 30 Zombies
Heavy Support - 3 Rapier Weapons Batteries with additional crew

Detachment 2 - Chaos Warband
HQ - Lord with Axe of Blind Fury, Mark of Khorne, Bike, Chaos Sigil, 
HQ - Sorcerer, Level 3, Spell Familiar, Bike, Chaos Sigil
Elites - 3 Terminators with Power Weapons, and combi Meltas
Troops - 5 CSM with Rhino with Dirge Caster
Troops - 5 CSM with Rhino with Dirge Caster
Fast Attack - 4 Bikes
Heavy Support - 5 Havoks with 4 Plasma Guns, Rhino with Dirge Caster

Detachment 3 - Helforged Warpack
HQ - Warpsmith
Heavy Support - Maulerfiend with Melta Cutters (alpha)
Heavy Support - Maulerfiend with Melta Cutters
Heavy Support - Maulerfiend with Melta Cutters

Are you using Imperial armour 13 or something else because I personally don't recall such a thing as earth shaker cannons and ordinance tyrants there, but the list itself is pretty solid, but lacks anti-air because if you are playing 2000 pt there is likely to be flyers and they will be picking on your key units.

Are you using Imperial armour 13 or something else because I personally don't recall such a thing as earth shaker cannons and ordinance tyrants there, but the list itself is pretty solid, but lacks anti-air because if you are playing 2000 pt there is likely to be flyers and they will be picking on your key units.

They are from the siege of Vraks. The Tyrant allows for Ordinance to be taken as Elites or Troops respectively (and fire those into close combat). Earthshaker emplacements are 11 meltabombs and are a fixed place Earthshaker cannon, I'm sure they are in IA13. The Purge Detachment leaves dangerous terrain test on the blast marker for a turn.

Flyers are my weakness, I cannot find a place to squeeze them in, any suggestions?

Look siege of vraks is slightly out of date, but it does not matter really and plus you don't need to have any kind of flier just take a agis defence line and go crazy with skyfire lascannons!

Look siege of vraks is slightly out of date, but it does not matter really and plus you don't need to have any kind of flier just take a agis defence line and go crazy with skyfire lascannons!

No the Siege of Vraks is not out of date. It was published last year. It has almost the same rules for Renidages as the IA:13. 

Iron_Within, as for flyers. My advice would be to drop the  Ordinance Tyrant. Swich the Detachment over to to the IA:13 force, drop the Spawn and the zombies (not very IW aways). Consolidate the Big guns into the 4 heavy slots the Purged lets you take, and then add 2 units of Disciples with Autocannon teams for the elites.  They with spare points hand out the CoT for BS2 snap shots. (and the Rapier Weapons Batteries shooting at flyers is a huge threat) 

This also allows you to make one of your space marines the Warlord. 

That is smart but the rapier batteries still don't have sky fire, but they could work. Also it depends on what siege of vraks are you talking about if it is IA 5-7 It is out dated.

That is smart but the rapier batteries still don't have sky fire, but they could work. Also it depends on what siege of vraks are you talking about if it is IA 5-7 It is out dated.

If pepole are talking about Siege of Vraks, they will be talking about the new book. IMPERIAL ARMOUR - THE SIEGE OF VRAKS esspeicaly when they are refencing rules that only bellong in that book. AKA the Purged Detachment (although it can be taken for CSM army lists, and lists from Renigades from IA:13). 

The Rapier Batters also dont need skyfire, without the upgrade they are BS2, CoT gives them Snap-shots at BS2. Same as Skyfire.

Iron_Within, as for flyers. My advice would be to drop the  Ordinance Tyrant. Swich the Detachment over to to the IA:13 force, drop the Spawn and the zombies (not very IW aways). Consolidate the Big guns into the 4 heavy slots the Purged lets you take, and then add 2 units of Disciples with Autocannon teams for the elites.  They with spare points hand out the CoT for BS2 snap shots. (and the Rapier Weapons Batteries shooting at flyers is a huge threat) 

This also allows you to make one of your space marines the Warlord. 

Good advice all around, but wouldn't the Spawn be excellent to run with the Biker Lord? 

The plan was to run the two units of spawn the bikes with Lord, sorcerer and maulerfiends are the assault section while the Csm units roll up behind and take objectives under the cover of the artillery.

The zombies are slaves fluff wise that have succumbed to despair

For those who've not already seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVB1PbwDhf0

Plastic MkIII armour, box set up for advance order next week.

My plans for this box set pretty much

• Use 5 of the MkIII Models for a new unit I want to convert up with some of the tool/weapons from the Genestealer Cult
  • Use 5 of the MkIII Models to add onto my second Breacher Siege unit in my current Chaos era Iron Warriors force.
  • Then the other 20 will be use for my Horus Heresy force.  So pretty much aim to convert up the 5th Grand Company as a before with the Heresy & after with my Chaos era.  So Warsmith Abhorred Riddick before he was a Daemon Prince, Vosh before he become a Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought.
  • Librarian going toward my Black Legion force
  • Space Wolf Hero as a Lone Wolf or Wolf Guard for my Wolves force.

One of my friends is going to buy the Sister of Silence models from me for there Sister of Battle army.  Then trade the Terminators with one of my other friends for another unit of MkIII.

So during the week there been some work happen to my home.  This just meant a lot stuff, mainly my models had to be boxed & go into storage.  So been spend today getting all my armies sorted & back on display.  I though I'd take the time & get a photo of my whole Iron Warriors collection. 

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00044_zpsw3xieltt.jpg

So yes, 300 models fully painted, from IW, Chaos Guards, Chaos Knights, Dark Mechanicus & Daemonkin.  Just 2 Knights, 30 Bloodletter & a Dreadclaw Drop Pod still paint.  Then there new MkIII models I'm going to add to this force.  Still lot planned & then there lot to get added to my Daemonkin allies - World Eater who fought beside my IW during the Great Crusade, Heresy, Legion War & Long War - Inspired by the Chaos vs Ultramarine display from Warhammer World.

As said end of the day for me it all about collecting armies & adding models I think look cool.  I don't care what current "top" in the completetive scene & if anything, find things like Warp Spider spam or Screamer Council hobby destroying & so dull to game against.

How many points is this (discount upgrades)? And how many HQs are there? How many years are you playing this army?

Collected Iron Warriors since Nov 17th 2001, but different version as my painting change - You can see the very first model I painted for my Iron Warriors in my army log Warsmith Abhorred Riddick. 

This is the Mk6 version & one that staying.  Started Nov 2011 (when army log started both in the Chaos area & the Forge area of the fourm, you can find the link in my sig/banner with 5th Grand Company on it) to mark ten year of collecting Iron Warriors.

HQs -

Warsmith Abhorred Riddick - Daemon Prince

Lord Narach, current HQ in my force

Sorcerer w/Terminator armour

Sorcerer Krull

3x Sorcerer

1x Thasound Son sorcerer

6x Warpsmith

4x Dark Apostle

2x Daemon Prince (Boons with Traitor hate)

3x Lords in power armour

2x Champion from the single spure set done for painting comp Warhammer World where running on facebook.  Other done for ETL & for my Daemonkin have a HQ while I build up this force, also had model kicking about for two year.

1x Forge World event only model from last year

Khârn

Cypher

Be'lakor

2x Bloodthister

1 Tehcpriest to led my Dark Mechanicus

1 Tank commander to current led my Chaos Guards

I think that it?

Points - If anyone got the time feel free add them :D  Chaos Guards alone 1850pts with all the tanks & 2x Veteran units.

Another question about tactics flowing in my head for a while now How Effective Would a Hellforgedpack army Would be?

My list

2 forge fiends with oral ectoplasm

1ecto-fiend

2 mauler fiends default or tentacles

1 warp smith

1000pt

It will be very interesting depending on how you flesh out the rest of that. If this is just unbound and you are using that I would think you would have a hard time facing off anything with horde or against a army that has a lot of melta/mech death. It would be interesting to play, specially paired with a Renegades and Heretics list from either Siege of Vraks or IA:13.

It's not unbound - it's a single formation. Perfectly legal bound army.

Another question about tactics flowing in my head for a while now How Effective Would a Hellforgedpack army Would be?

My list

2 forge fiends with oral ectoplasm

1ecto-fiend

2 mauler fiends default or tentacles

1 warp smith

1000pt

I agree though with Gorrched about its effectiveness. A question: What is the difference between an Ectofiend and a Forgefiend with oral ectoplasm? 

Ecto fiend has 3 ectoplasm cannons and oral fiend has two Gatlings and one face cannon and yes I have a 400pt renegades and heretics army list ready and painted. But not converted.

My renegades and heretics list I played only once and it fared pretty nice, my rogue witch even nearly killed a ranged carniferex.

Renegades and Heretics

HQs

Renegade Command Squad (5) 150 pt

Refractor field, power fist, banner of the apostate, primaris rogue witch mastery level 2, vox net.

Troops

Platoon

Infantry squad (platoon command 10) 105 pt

Demagogue, vox net, autocannon, grenade launcher and flamer, militia training.

Infantry squad (15) 100 pt

Militia training, 2 grenades launchers, autocannon.

Infantry squad (20) 170

Militia training, 2 meltas, autocannon, 2 grenade launchers.

Heavy support

Renegade support squad 65 pt

3 rocket launchers, Militia training.