++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Hidden Content

My list was a bit more optimized than his for sure. And I have more experience with IW than he has with BL or even Chaos/CSM at all. Advantage me.

He gets WAY more games of 40k in than I do in general, avg 1-3 a week while I do maybe 2-4 a month tops. And he tends to play 1 army at a time while I’m dancing between BA, IW, and 30k. Advantage him.

I have played for 5 years and he (in this most recent stint) ~2.5ish Advantage me.

My list was more optimized, but he has traditionally brought NASTY lists with all his armies and thought this one would be pretty mean.

Point being, I absolutely had the advantage in this particular game, but he’s not someone just walking in off the street. And so in the eternal friendly rivalry scoreboard, I absolutely chalk it up as a win (and in our group, the winner buys the first beers).

Hope that doesn’t come off as defensive as it’s not meant that way.

As for the question on Rics, I was torn between going Fleshmetal Exo + Iron Without WLT on a DP and the direction I went. Both my opponent and I decided that I already have plenty of reps with DO’s in general* so I wanted to commit to the gunline. After this game I still might go all in on a super DP in future games since I think there are enough other ways to get more out of AT shooting then using your WLT on it. If we could get ways to get more WLT like those corpse-fawners, than that would be a different story.

As for the other relics, I like the fluff of the axe and maul, but will probably not ever take them. Same thing with the warpsmith one and the anti-vehicle one since I don’t really run daemon engines (I know I know:..am I really a IW?) and like the classic big guns approach to killing vehicles. Isidoum I would also consider taking on a DP or Fharacter, but I feel that Fleshmetal can get more mileage. Edited by Indefragable