++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

I seriously think that if given the choice between Perturabo and the IVth falling to Chaos like they have on the one hand, and on the other them staying loyal but using Comic Sans for all their communications and iconography, the Emperor would have chosen the former. Being the utilitarian that he was/is, he would have figured the former would have been less disastrous for humanity. 

Nevertheless I commend your stubborn determination to continue doing something less optimal in the face of opposition. In that respect, you have proven yourself a true son of the IVth. ;)

Back from the dead :ph34r.: 
Life got in my way, so I had to stop visiting B&C
But now I'm back :wink: 

I will start an IW Heresy army soon (additionally to my existing Iron Hulks)
How sensitive are you guys with IW in Mk IV armor? :tongue.:

Just asking because I will use for the start my B@C box and later the upcomming BoP box :wink:

Back from the dead :ph34r.: 

Life got in my way, so I had to stop visiting B&C

But now I'm back :wink: 

I will start an IW Heresy army soon (additionally to my existing Iron Hulks)

How sensitive are you guys with IW in Mk IV armor? :tongue.:  

Just asking because I will use for the start my B@C box and later the upcomming BoP box :wink:

It all down to what you think look cool that the important rule in my view.  If anyone does you give any issue, remember the FW Heresy book III does show a IW trooper in MkIV armour :D 

Iron Warriors in mkIV? Heresy!

Oh wait, the Warriors don't care a bit about Heresy and other puny concerns of the type - go ahead, soldier ;)

Also, welcome back to the IVth!

(Are you thinking about creating a specific Grand Battalion for the Iron Hulk precursors? If so, we have a so-far  short thread with introductions to certain Iron Warrior DIY factions here)

Weren't the Traitor Legions the best supplied and actually the Legions with the most MkIV suits?

Yeah, I think that is the case: this was more of a case of continuing DeRome90's little joke about "Sensitive about mkIV armour" :)

(Oh well, I'm used to my jokes being much worse then they sound in my head ^_^)

Oh wait, the Warriors don't care a bit about Heresy and other puny concerns of the type - go ahead, soldier :wink:

(Are you thinking about creating a specific Grand Battalion for the Iron Hulk precursors? If so, we have a so-far  short thread with introductions to certain Iron Warrior DIY factions here)

lol, well I already have a story regarding the use of mkIV in my twisted head :wink:

yes, they will be part of the Iron Hulks, but maybe a splinter garrison of them, so not so sure if Dantye will lead them:huh.: 

Isn't it to late for a vow? :wacko.:

Oh wait, the Warriors don't care a bit about Heresy and other puny concerns of the type - go ahead, soldier :wink:

lol, well I already have a story regarding the use of mkIV in my twisted head :wink:

yes, they will be part of the Iron Hulks, but maybe a splinter garrison of them, so not so sure if Dantye will lead them:huh.: 

Isn't it to late for a vow? :wacko.:

To vow In Competition, but not Out of competition. Also, anyone can write fluff in the link I posted, whenever they want :)

Haha, and they are 1 pound per piece - I called it! :biggrin.: And they look awesome! But I guess I will stick to my yellow and black chessex dice.

It not bad to be honsty.  The dice are the same size as lot of the local wargaming dice about here & your looking that 50p to about £1.  Did you get the IW icon onto the chessex dice?  I think there the company my gaming club use for a while when we where getting our dice a few year ago, but unsure who we use now.

Got this today

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00356_zpsmndu00cn.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00357_zpsqhrabg7w.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00421_zpsaimobqmk.jpg

I didn't mean to say it's bad and clearly if you order custom dice you probably end up paying more per piece. My dice are regular dice without any icons. I'll just stay with mine because they are yellow and black. But for everyone who want's IW goodness on their dice, go for the FW ones. I bet they'll be limited edition and who knows, they might very well go up in value - did you guy's hear what happened with the Gene Stealers custom dice by GW?

Coming soon in the Primarch serise of novels - Perturabo the Hammer of Olympia.

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/perturabo-hammer-of-olympia.html

I'm guessing this will not be release until Feb time from check out the Black Library new release area.

Anyone building the new Heresy box set & MkIII models?  I've got Sunday off in a week & a half time, so maybe try get some built or that least use few parts toward one of my Chaos Marine squads.

Guest uk_crow

Coming soon in the Primarch serise of novels - Perturabo the Hammer of Olympia.

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/perturabo-hammer-of-olympia.html

I'm guessing this will not be release until Feb time from check out the Black Library new release area.

Anyone building the new Heresy box set & MkIII models?  I've got Sunday off in a week & a half time, so maybe try get some built or that least use few parts toward one of my Chaos Marine squads.

Currently building the new MK 3 models, they're great! 3 squads of 10 with nuncio vox in rhinos as a starting point for my Hammer of Olympia list.

I have an idea that I will create a 30k force and then a 40K Iron Warrior force to show how they've changed in 10,000 years. The core of that army will again be 3 10 man squads mounted in rhinos.

Will be starting a project blog soon.

Greetings

Apologies for my long winded post but this will be my first foray into all things chaos. I have recently started collecting models to start a small iw force. So far i have the cataphractii captain and terminators from BoC.

I'm planning on adding 10 mk3 marines from BoP broken into two 5 man squads and a rhino (I'm not sure if mk3 is fluffy because i think i remember reading that they were mainly equipped with mk5?)

The big guns and meat shields will be supplied by an allied imperial guard detachment.

I think some challenges with this army are going to be having a very 'clean' 40k chaos army and i think initially until i can afford the forge world book with renegade guard i will need to run them as counts as imperials.

Also looking at including a load of fortifications with barbed wire and tank traps

Hi sebs_evo7,

Welcome to the grinder! Never apologize for posting. :tu: To answer your question: MkIII is fluffy, no worries. All Marks were used by all legions. Plus, MkIII was heavily armoured from the front, so perfect for siege warfare we specialize in. ;)

What kind of challenges do you foresee in making this a ´clean´ 40K chaos army?

Cheers