++ Iron Within, Iron Without An Iron Warriors Community ++

Cheers

Yeh i guess what i meant was trying to incorporate units that i like for example the defiler with units like the mk3 armour. Obviously the mk3 armour will only have a iw symbol on one shoulder pad and 8 star on the other where as the defiler is very spikey/daemon so i think fielding both in the same army would look odd.

I haven't really thought further than the units lists but i just wanted a fluffy iw force that included plenty of artillery and trenches/fortifications but i live in Australia so forge world models are crazy expensive to get shipped here.

I'm looking forward to painting up the few units i listed above and going from there

Oh no worries about mixing and matching units. Our verydistinctive colour scheme will make your force look unified no matter what. If you base the defiler on a 160mm round base from GW and base it the same way as your 'regular' units, there'd be no-one who wouldn't think they totally belong to each other.

If you're still worried that the MkIIIs don't look 'chaosy' enough, I'd suggest buying a kit of regular GW CSM and mix and match those with the MkIII. Even one bits swap (backpack, shoulder guard, legs, head, or torso) will make a ton of difference. CHeck out some examples of mixing and matching Chaos bits with the new plastic MkIII marines here.

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

May I ask for any suggestions regarding this 30k starter army :blush.:

-Praetor Warsmith: Serpenta, MC Paragon, Digital Laser, Iron Halo

-Contemptor: Kheres, Melter, Havoc

-Veteran Squad: 5 Marines, Art. Armour, Heavy Bolter, Fist

-Rapier: 2 Quad

-Tactical Squad: 15, Vox, Vexilla, Sword, Melterbomb, Art. Armour

-Tactical Squad: 10, Vox, Vexilla, Sword, Melterbomb, Art. Armour

-Rhino  

-Havoc Squad: 5, 3 Missle, 2 Laser, Art. Armour, Augury

-Whirlwind Scorpius  

Total: 1490 points 

(Not so sure regarding the points for the Quads)

I will start with building the veteran and Havoc squads from my B@C box until my BoP arrives.

EDIT: i want to use the Ironfire ROW

Edited by DeRome90

^^ I'm not too big into HH that I can give you sound tactical advice, but I will ask this: why the kheres, multimelta and Havoc launcher on the dread? All have vastly different preferred targets, but you can only fire at one ni a turn - making the combo very wonky to use. Better make it a Mortis, get dual Kheres and leave it at that. :tu:

^^ I'm not too big into HH that I can give you sound tactical advice, but I will ask this: why the kheres, multimelta and Havoc launcher on the dread? All have vastly different preferred targets, but you can only fire at one ni a turn - making the combo very wonky to use. Better make it a Mortis, get dual Kheres and leave it at that. :thumbsup:

true^^

But it wouldn't be a Multimelter, but a normal melter in the CCW. I would use the Contemptor to destroy Transports and maybe occupy the dudes inside

I only have the Contemptor from B@C, so my options are quite limited. I could convert a Lascannon, Heavy Bolter, Conversion Beamer, use the Multimelta ooooor convert the Dread to a Deredo... but beside the Deredo and Heavy Bolter (maybe another Lascannon), no other double weapons :confused:

EDIT: I could also use a normal Dread, but also the same restrictions regarding double weapons

Edited by DeRome90

Oh right. Better call the weapons by the proper names, to prevent confusion like that. If you have the BaC contemptor, then for the combat role you foresee him performing, better give him the multimelta option as well as the built/in meltagun. (just cut out the combibolter and replace with a BaC meltagun muzzle). :tu:

I have also heard that the Warsmith isn't a particularly efficient option - It's fluffy as hell so I'm sure to play mine relatively often, but at such low points values (1500 is low for HH), you might be better off with other kinds of HQs: in particular, if you're not using Rites of War, Centurions and Consuls may be the way to go :)

@ Agustus b'Raass: Seems that the language barrier got me there. In German the "meltagun" is just "Melter". The change from combibolter to meltagun was my intention :wink:

@Lord Thorn: I wasn't sure if i should use the Warsmith.  Just wanted to post an army list to get oppinions, so that the things i will build in the beginning are not without any chance of winning. But I thought to use the Ironfire RoW (I editet my previous post accordingly). If there is any better RoW for 1500 Points (or 1850) I'm all open to suggestions :biggrin.: .

@ Agustus b'Raass: Seems that the language barrier got me there. In German the "meltagun" is just "Melter". The change from combibolter to meltagun was my intention :wink:

Haha, that explains it. No worries. :D It's weird though - you'd think GW could've used the same names for made up weapons across languages...

Anyway, the combibolter-meltagun swap is a good bet, but then still I would advise - seeing as you have the BaC dread - to use the Multimelta instead of with the Kheres Assault Cannon on the other arm. :tu: :)

I stopped to wonder about the translation "skillz":tongue.:  of GW a long time ago (You don't want to read some of the first german books they made :wallbash: )

Heeey! Gangsta rapper are not that bad... as long as they are old school :whistling:

But thanks for the help guys. I will consider your suggestions. :thanks:

I will also make a post in the HH Army List area

• 2 weeks later...

For those who've not seen the Black Library facebook page - From the 2017 calendar, Hammer of Olympia, part of the Primarch series of novels.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/Lord%20of%20Iron_zpspmgq8fwn.jpg

Also though I show a Predator recent painted during the weekend there.  It was meant to been done for the week before for a local charity tournament.  But ended up been badly ill & missed out as well as not been able to get any hobby done last week.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00022_zpspsl89xn2.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00043_zps05lvntri.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00138_zpsxhafayht.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00160_zpsknyjnn4g.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00162_zpszflajdr0.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00163_zpsjgvg14tv.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00165_zpsy4pybnic.jpg

Just add weather powder once I'm bit better.

I've still got

• 5 Chaos Marines to add onto a unit I've already got in my collection.  Want to make use of part from the MkIII set
  • 5 Chaos Marines, still want to build this new squad as a unit for building trench/when it really important.  I've got the genestealer cult pick weapon & I just need to try get the dozerblade from there transport for this unit Rhino.
  • Still build up a Berzerker with icon
  • Still get a few more Marine for my Raptor unit bring them to ten models.
  • Might get another Predator during the holidays mean I'll have 2x squad of three.

Then I'd like to convert up another new Dreadnought.  But I'm waiting on the Sister of Battle release to see if there walker - penitent engine, get release in plastic?

I'm going to try pick up another Iron Cricle model in two week time.

Thanks for sharing these pictures! I hope you're all healthy and kicking again. Will the units you're planning to get done be part of the Iron Without challenge? (we surely can use every point :thumbsup: )

Thanks

Illness is shifting.  I'm just more happy I'm able to get some hobby stuff done from building & painting after not been able to get anything done last week, TV just getting worst & worst.

But just gutted it meant I missed out on the local tournament.  Only seen the photos posted on facebook from the event.

Sorry no, the units are not going to be part of the IW Challenge.  Majority of them are not going to be done until mid next month.  Right now just trying to get all my Call of Chaos vows complete (almost there).  This is more stuff that going to be done led up to the holidays.  The Trench squad most like going to be Christmas present.  While the Iron Circle going to be aim as the model I paint on the 24th when I go to my local Games Workshop store to get some space/own time.

Yes I'm really gutted I've missed out.  But it really great that the tournament mange to rise £3700+ for charity, making £700+ from last year.  Just seen few people posting photos up of the event.  So hopeful catch up with my friends on Saturday to find out how it went.

On another note - Today mark 15 year since I started my Iron Warriors

Warsmith Abhorred Riddick who started it all from this day in 2001, getting ready for Conflict Scotland.  Back when you use to be able to order single bitz from mail order.  So Chaos Lord body, Techmarine backpack, Bionic arm from Necromunda Pit Slave, head from the 3rd ed era Tactical Marine upgrade spure.

Rest of the force was been bought here & there, with main lot - Land Raider & 2nd ed era Dreadnought as Christmas presents.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/DSC00183_zpskpoyvdrw.jpg

This was back when the Iron Warriors got there Index Astarties article in the White Dwarf in April to May?.

Since then 2011 re-collected the IW with a Mk6 version to mark ten year collecting & this is the army that staying.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee412/JFmodel/2016/DSC00184_zpskyzskm6i.jpg

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/14650219_1313570938677859_4849287391635397337_n_zpscequ4jjz.jpg

IP, I'm continually impressed by your awesome paint jobs. Your Iron Warriors always look so distinctly yours, and you're a very neat and skilled painted. It's amazing you bring oput all those details, the scripture, the lights, the hazard stripes and all the weathering you do. Very cool. :tu:

I'm also a bit surprised at your IW collection - I was convinced you had more! Not that it's a small army, not in the least. It's just that I imained you having boat loads of stuff! :D

Augustus b'Raass, thanks.

Rememeber I did post this a while back, there 300+ models.  This was everything I had until currently since there always new models.  Currently adding more Iron Warriors to a five man unit (second Siege Breacher theme unit), try bring them up to 10 models & ready for possible 3000pts game vs a friend, just all down to time that the moment with them with family & me with lot going on that the moment.  But still want to get them all ready, hopeful get that game sorted during the Christmas holidays.

So during the week there been some work happen to my home.  This just meant a lot stuff, mainly my models had to be boxed & go into storage.  So been spend today getting all my armies sorted & back on display.  I though I'd take the time & get a photo of my whole Iron Warriors collection. 

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt347/Insane-Psychopath/2016/DSC00044_zpsw3xieltt.jpg

So yes, 300 models fully painted, from IW, Chaos Guards, Chaos Knights, Dark Mechanicus & Daemonkin.  Just 2 Knights, 30 Bloodletter & a Dreadclaw Drop Pod still paint.  Then there new MkIII models I'm going to add to this force.  Still lot planned & then there lot to get added to my Daemonkin allies - World Eater who fought beside my IW during the Great Crusade, Heresy, Legion War & Long War - Inspired by the Chaos vs Ultramarine display from Warhammer World.

As said end of the day for me it all about collecting armies & adding models I think look cool.  I don't care what current "top" in the completetive scene & if anything, find things like Warp Spider spam or Screamer Council hobby destroying & so dull to game against.

Edited by Insane Psychopath

Well I'm doing it.

I've finally talked myself into abandoning the splinter faction orange and black colour scheme and moving them "back" to original Legion colours.

Part of it is because I hadn't fallen in love with the IV Legion when I first started playing and made my DIY scheme.

Part of it is because the DIY scheme, while lovely when finished, is so damn hard to finish. Never again will I paint any scheme that is quartered...

Part of it is because I am super excited that GW is finally acknowledging them in 40k again.

And finally, part of it is because my ongoing campaign narrative in Inspiration Friday has got me thinking of "progressing the story" for the 49th Grand Company, and this fits with where those stories are going.

gallery_53134_11370_201793.jpg

I'm keeping the orange and black for heraldic banners and insignia, and I'm going to keep the white skull helmet paint, both as a way of linking to my hobby past and narrative past. But we're iron clad again, and just in time for the End Times...

Hey guys

finally I got my BoP box. Now I want to build the termis. I did not include them to the previous posted army list... but I still want to build them as soon as possible :blink.:

Do you have any suggestions what the weapon load out should look like? Everything is valid beside the Serpenta... I will use this weapon somewhere else :tongue.:

How do you use your 30k Termis?

I thought of putting them into a Land Raider or just running. As for the battle role, nothing is decided by now.