I am a man that walks alone

cowboy3569

In an unprecedented spurt of modelling based activity I have actually managed to get all of the Night Lord Raptors to stage three - armour complete!  I can hear the gasps of amazement from here!

It wasn't completely plain sailing, some of the squad didn't turn out exactly how I wanted (you can see them in the group shot below, they are the ones that are a bit darker) however, over all I am chuffed to bits with them (although any C&C still welcome).  So without further ado that Group shot:

NL WIP Stage 3 Raptors Squad

So the Headsman has come out almost exactly how I Imagined and is my DS Demo of how I want them to look.  Here's a few shots of him before the wash: 

NL WIP Stage 1 Headsman

NL WIP Stage 1 Headsman

NL WIP Stage 1 Headsman

NL WIP Stage 1 Headsman

and here's a few after:

NL WIP Stage 3 Headsman

NL WIP Stage 3 Headsman

NL WIP Stage 3 Headsman

Now just for the detailing and bases.....unless I do the Contemptor first.... he he.

As an aside - any one who is wanting some mood music to paint Night Lords to - check out King810, never has there been a more apt soundtrack!

So I'm after some feedback here guys, this is the list I'm working on at the moment, please have a look and see if you think it works or if you would make any changes.

please note it is firmly in the draft stage and I know that it still requires work:

+++ VIII Night Lords Legion around 3500 pts +++
+++  Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List Roster (Age of Darkness)) +++
Selections:
Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) Selections:
+ HQ + (310pts)
    * Legion Centurion (135pts)
      Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Teleportation Transponder ,Trophies of Judgement 
                   Primus Medicae 

* Sevatar
      Terror Assault

+ Troops + (1085pts)
    * Legion Tactical Support Squad 10 man (265pts)
      Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, Volkite Calivers 
    * Legion Sergeant: Artificer Armour ,Bolter and Augury Scanner

* Terror Squad (315pts)
      9x Executioner ,Legion Drop Pod Volkite Charger
        * Headsman 
            Artificer Armour, Nostraman Chainglaive, Plasma Pistol

* Terror Squad (275pts)
        9x Executioner, 8x Heavy Chainblade
        * Headsman 
           Artificer Armour , Nostraman Chainglaive , Plasma Pistol 

* Terror Squad (230pts)
        10x Boltgun , 9x Executioner
        * Headsman 
            Artificer Armour 

+ Elites + (450pts)
    * Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (215pts)
        (Dreadnought Talon)
        * Legion Contemptor Dreadnought (215pts)
        Chainfist with inbuilt Melta ,Extra Armour , Twin-linked Autocannon 

* Legion Terminator Squad (235pts)
    Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 5x Legion Terminators , Teleportation Transponder           *  Legion Terminator Sergeant            Pair of Lightning Claws (15pts)

+ Fast Attack + (425pts)
    * Night Raptor Squad       
    9x Night Raptor , 2x Power Weapon 
     * Huntmaster 
            Artificer Armour , Nostraman Chainglaive 

* Primaris-Lightning Strike Fighter 

+ Heavy Support + 
    * Legion Heavy Support Squad 

Hardened Armour , Lascannons , Legion Sergeant, 9x Legion Space Marines 

* Legion Whirlwind Scorpius         

+ Legion +
    * Legion Astartes
        VIII: Night Lords

+ Lord of War + (435pts)
    * Konrad Curze
        (Bulky, Lethal Precision, Murderous Strike, Shrouded, Sire of the Night Lords, Stealth, The King of Terrors)
        Master of the Legion (*), Primarch (Adamantium Will, Eternal Warrior, Fear, Fearless, Fleet, Independent Character, It Will Not Die)

Created with BattleScribe

Ok so here we go, some further WIP stuff.  Done the Armour base coats on the Contemptor.  now varnished and waiting for that to dry before the oil wash.

NL Contemptor WIP

NL Contemptor WIP

NL Contemptor WIP

Pretty happy with how that's come out, almost tempted to not oil wash it but the Raptors came out pretty good with it.

So I totally caved, even against the advice of one of the best painters I know, and did the oil wash. Luckily it turned out ok tongue.png

NL Contemptor WIP

@Alan: Cheers mate and ooooh yes you do, the more I work on it the more I like the model.

@helter-skelter: do it, I cant describe how much better and quicker painting is with it. Obviously you still use brush work for some things but its all about tools for the job.

Good man! Oil washes own own own. It's making a big difference in your contrast and I'm loving the results. Best of all your theme is pretty quick to do, so you can paint up a lot of little mans in no time smile.png

@Bulbafist: Cheers mate, I totally agree and I'm properly happy with how its come out, I'm pretty happy with that photo but in real life it looks even better :) .

this evening both the Raptors and the Contemptor were Varnished to allow for the detailing and rest to be done, quite exciting!!!

As an aside - any one who is wanting some mood music to paint Night Lords to - check out King810, never has there been a more apt soundtrack!

Also works for 30k World Eaters oddly enough :)

Really nice so far bud loving the blue

• 3 months later...

Soooooo, finally after a long absence I have managed to get a little bit  more done on these.  and in fact managed to complete one of them!

NL Raptor 1 - complete 3

NL Raptor 1 - complete 2

NL Raptor 1 - complete 1

As always C and C welcome,  it will get a matt varnish to finish with the rest of the squad.

I have managed to get a few bits and bobs done on the others and the Contemptor as well but not yet photo ready. 

Archived