Daemon's WIP Musings: Gal Vorbak

Daemon2027

So our overlords in the Age of Darkness section have created the March of the Lrgions. Each month we will be challenged to bring to life a model from a chosen legion, with a bit of background. The first Legion, will be the last legion, the XXth Legion. I have decided to use this as an opportunity to push my moddelling and painting ability. Here is the WIP of my entry.

One of Many

15510023327_6f1801d884.jpg

As he needs to be finished by the end of the month he joins my Gal Vorbak and my secret Santa mini as models I need to get painted asap.

Thanks guys.

My new man cave is almost ready, so hopefully painting will resume soon. In the mean time I have been working out the details of what the hell I am doing. I have got it down to three projects, the forces of the the 918th Expeditionary fleet made up of the various regiments of the Imperial Army, the triad force of the Mechanicum, and the remaining members of the XIX-XVIBN. The second project will be the ongoing March of the Legions, the event run in the Age of Darkness section.

The last project will be my Gal Vorbak warband. I am currently working on the next 5 Gal Vorback. The had the idea to do a sacred number type warband, but it seems the sacred number for Chaos Undivided is 10 which is just a bit awkward, so I am going to limit my Daimones Astartes to 12, that includes a Chaplain, a captain of some sort, and a Hel-Contemptor. I plan to build some background around all 12. I will probally build some cultist and daemons around these astartes. And talking of daemons I plan to use these somehow

15127976403_701afd981c.jpg

Having seen your Death Guard I don't think you need to worry about the pose, they are amazing.

Here are the next two Gal Vorbak, not much do e to them, given 2mm extra hight, and some simple weapon swaps. Weapons from the Terminator set work really well with them, but I mainly used the bits in the Gal Vorbak kit for the others.

15567730038_836140f079.jpg15567995227_4c0c076134.jpg

Those look like some suitably chaotic traitors you've got there. Nice work on true-scaling them. :D

Maybe you could have the flames coming out of the boltgun's breach or behind his head in a sort of twisted parody of a halo?

Archived