Or why we got a Terminator Captain. What about the Terminator Librarian model we have? Why not make him a redundant unit, too?

I get what they were going for but it would have been better all around, I think, if they had just given us optional dc versions of captain and Librarian and let us swap them in formations like AoD did for cataphractii and contemptors.

Edited by Tyriks

The terminator captain is THE most baffling thing I've ever seen.

Karlaen is in the fluff of the book.

Its his model.

He has existing rules. Good ones. Ones that would have fit into Angels Blade beautifully.

But no. Because of horrific marketing he is a generic terminator captain with a weird hammer option.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

I'm still a bit confused as to why we now have a "Death Company Chaplain". It seems like an awfully narrow gap they've squeezed a unit into, and while the dual re-rolls are nice (Astorath lite), he's so inflexible - not being able to remove his pack and not being able to take any gun other than an infernus pistol.

Could they not just have made the dual re-roll a Command benefit of the LBSF or DCSF and updated the standard Chaplain datasheet allowing him to take the new Relics?

We have one for the same reason we have a Terminaror Captain. GW are morons.

My question is about relics. FAQ says one relic per person but if you read how it's worded in angel's blade, it sounds like you can take an additional one on your chaplains if they are part of the lbsf

Too bad general FAQ/Errata overrules Codex/Supplement unless the Codex/Supplement FAQ says otherwise.

My question is about relics. FAQ says one relic per person but if you read how it's worded in angel's blade, it sounds like you can take an additional one on your chaplains if they are part of the lbsf

Too bad general FAQ/Errata overrules Codex/Supplement unless the Codex/Supplement FAQ says otherwise.

Actually, the FAQ says "unless otherwise stated" and the book can be interpreted as stating they can take additional.

Plus Codex and Supplement rules overrule the main book.

Actually, the FAQ says "unless otherwise stated" and the book can be interpreted as stating they can take additional.

I admit I don't know the exact wording of the Angels Blade entries but I'd expect the FAQ talking about it specifically being mentioned like "one or more" etc. and not just "Relics" instead of "Relic" with the "unless otherwise stated" part.

Tonight, I will order a box of Space Hulk.  Because why not?

Order placed.

This feels better than I can explain.  Back in 2009 when this thing released, I just couldn't afford/justify it.  I wasn't making much money, the box was a huge investment, I was kind of out of the hobby in between 3rd and 5th editions..  And then it just.. disappeared! Like that!  I regreted it greatly.

Then it got re-released in 2014 and for some stupid reason I decided I didn't need the genestealers, or even all the terminators.  I went to bitz sites and grabbed a couple of the terminators for modelling and painting.  When they came in the mail, I started punching myself in the face for not grabbing the whole box because of how beautiful they were.

This time, it is mine.  I will likely preserve it in its shrinkwrap for a decade or so, then unbox and paint it with my kids when they are old enough to appreciate it.

Good thing you did as it's now sold out.

I admit I don't know the exact wording of the Angels Blade entries but I'd expect the FAQ talking about it specifically being mentioned like "one or more" etc. and not just "Relics" instead of "Relic" with the "unless otherwise stated" part.

This is what it says:

"Relics of the lost

Any units from a Death Company Strike Force or a Lost Brotherhood Strike Force that can select Relics of Baal can select an item from the Relics of the Lost list, presented opposite, at the points cost shown, in addition to Relics of Baal."

Rules as written clearly states it is in addition to a Relic of Baal but then FAQs states that you can only have a single relic per model. Would be nice to make certain that is clearly defined in an updated FAQ so you don't get rules lawyered to death by someone who hates fun.

Edited by Spagunk

Tonight, I will order a box of Space Hulk.  Because why not?

Order placed.

This feels better than I can explain.  Back in 2009 when this thing released, I just couldn't afford/justify it.  I wasn't making much money, the box was a huge investment, I was kind of out of the hobby in between 3rd and 5th editions..  And then it just.. disappeared! Like that!  I regreted it greatly.

Then it got re-released in 2014 and for some stupid reason I decided I didn't need the genestealers, or even all the terminators.  I went to bitz sites and grabbed a couple of the terminators for modelling and painting.  When they came in the mail, I started punching myself in the face for not grabbing the whole box because of how beautiful they were.

This time, it is mine.  I will likely preserve it in its shrinkwrap for a decade or so, then unbox and paint it with my kids when they are old enough to appreciate it.

Good thing you did as it's now sold out.

Phew! Allow me to pat myself on the back for a moment.  I would have felt really rotten if I had waited just one more day..

This is what it says:

"Relics of the lost

Any units from a Death Company Strike Force or a Lost Brotherhood Strike Force that can select Relics of Baal can select an item from the Relics of the Lost list, presented opposite, at the points cost shown, in addition to Relics of Baal."

Rules as written clearly states it is in addition to a Relic of Baal but then FAQs states that you can only have a single relic per model. Would be nice to make certain that is clearly defined in an updated FAQ so you don't get rules lawyered to death by someone who hates fun.

That's saying that you can give them a relic from the relics of the lost, or that you can give them a relic from the relics of baal. Older supplements made you choose for your entire army if you wanted relics of Baal or relics of whatever was in the supplement, so this was clarifying that choosing one doesn't lock you out of the codex relics. The choice of lists is in addition, not the actual relics. Notice it doesn't say "in addition to A relic of Baal."

This is what it says:

"Relics of the lost

That's saying that you can give them a relic from the relics of the lost, or that you can give them a relic from the relics of baal. Older supplements made you choose for your entire army if you wanted relics of Baal or relics of whatever was in the supplement, so this was clarifying that choosing one doesn't lock you out of the codex relics. The choice of lists is in addition, not the actual relics. Notice it doesn't say "in addition to A relic of Baal."

A clearer way to say that would have been

"Any units from a Death Company Strike Force or a Lost Brotherhood Strike Force that can select Relics of Baal can select an item from the Relics of the Lost list, presented opposite, at the points cost shown, OR an item from the Relics of Baal list."

As worded, using common English, it sounds like you can choose a relic from the DC list in addition to relics of baal. "can select Relics of Baal can select an item from the Relics of the Lost list...in addition to Relics of Baal" sounds a lot like two items.

Edited by Spagunk

It could be clearer, but the grammar isn't wrong. If you break the sentence down into components, it does say you are adding the lists together to choose from. However, it should also include a clause about the FT relics also.

Actually, about the whole relics debate, the only thing that i wish, is that, through an Errata, GW Officialy allow to use both the Angel's Blade DC relics and DC warlord trait for HQ units in a BSF in place of the BA codex one. (I think that the DC relics and Warlord trait are best in order to depict a BA chapter afflicted by the Curse.)

*(Yes, officialy, because i hardly believe that anyone would be against the use of them in game, yet one-two line on an official errata would be welcomed.)

It could be clearer, but the grammar isn't wrong. If you break the sentence down into components, it does say you are adding the lists together to choose from. However, it should also include a clause about the FT relics also.

Even broken down, it still sounds like you can select two relics.

To those of you who have painted Stormravens, what colour did you do the feet? (I.e. matal, black, or something else?)

Thinking about doing them metallic like my tank tracks, but it doesn't seem "right" somehow.