If I go for some time without playing a match, I like to go on youtube batrep binges.

I've picked up loads of do's and don'ts from watching marathons of Miniwargaming, Strikingskorpion, CommisarWarrick, TeamClueless, 40KScribe, etc.

Even if its just on in the background when I'm painting / washing up / on the can, i still absorb bits of tactical info here and there.

Cheers, I'll give that a whirl next time I'm due a game (maybe next month?).

And yet I'm still collecting stuff that I can use in Heresy and 40k games. Whether I'll actually get a game anytime soon is another story entirely.

This is what I'm doing. I have some older second edition stuff which fits the bill nicely, along with a Cerberus and a Jetbike so far. Once I'm at the point where I have all the 30k "relics" for my 40k force, I can start to get the 30k stuff which I'll likely end up using for Apocalypse games only.

I had planned to do some finishing touches on 6 or so Vanguard Vets I've been working on that are nearly complete. Instead I ended up kitbashing a Captain with relic blade (modeled as two handed axe) and stormshield out of Death Company, Vanguard Vet, Sanguinary Guard, Grey Knights, and Warhammer Fantasy Zombie (couple heads to hang off of his belt) bitz.

I have to admit he's my favorite non-chaos kitbash  I've ever done. Somehow he just all came together.

Edited by Akylas

If I go for some time without playing a match, I like to go on youtube batrep binges.

I've picked up loads of do's and don'ts from watching marathons of Miniwargaming, Strikingskorpion, CommisarWarrick, TeamClueless, 40KScribe, etc.

Even if its just on in the background when I'm painting / washing up / on the can, i still absorb bits of tactical info here and there.

Cheers, I'll give that a whirl next time I'm due a game (maybe next month?).

And yet I'm still collecting stuff that I can use in Heresy and 40k games. Whether I'll actually get a game anytime soon is another story entirely.

This is what I'm doing. I have some older second edition stuff which fits the bill nicely, along with a Cerberus and a Jetbike so far. Once I'm at the point where I have all the 30k "relics" for my 40k force, I can start to get the 30k stuff which I'll likely end up using for Apocalypse games only.

I got a pretty good deal on a starter 30K army. 5 Destroyers, 3 jetbikes, a Primus Medicae, Javelin, praetor and command squad for about $200. I'm planning to add a sicaran to them.

I had planned to do some finishing touches on 6 or so Vanguard Vets I've been working on that are nearly complete. Instead I ended up kitbashing a Captain with relic blade (modeled as two handed axe) and stormshield out of Death Company, Vanguard Vet, Sanguinary Guard, Grey Knights, and Warhammer Fantasy Zombie (couple heads to hang off of his belt) bitz.

I have to admit he's my favorite non-chaos kitbash  I've ever done. Somehow he just all came together.

Pics man, pics. :)

I second Bukimimaru - want pics!

@ Jolemai I got some token card thing with a recent order so was thinking of trying it out and seeing if the token did its job of getting me hooked enough to spend actual money on it :grin:

Edited by LutherMax

I second Bukimimaru - want pics!

@ Jolemai I got some token card thing with a recent order so was thinking of trying it out and seeing if the token did its job of getting me hooked enough to spend actual money on it :grin:

Aye, that card only works on an Apple format. So if you have the game on Android then :furious: