I'd buy a Primaris Mephiston instantly and without questioning it. Also now that Calgar got his personal Primaris Honour Guard I hope we're getting Primaris Sanguinary Guard (with bodyguard rules please!!). A W3 Sv2+ Jump Pack melee unit would be great! :P

Yes, sold. A 2018 technology take on the 1995 sculpts of the BA characters would be an immediate purchase.

This unfortunately reinforces to me that regular marines sure going the way of the dodo. I have too many remaining, and they haven't released a Primaris assault unit yet so I won't buy any.

Dante

No deathmask

Black hood

Golden or Red sculpted muscle reiver style armour

Jump pack

Axe Mortalis (reforged with two heads)

Inferno Gauntlet

I can dig it.

No Gravis because it would be far too bulky on him.

I swear if they go with a hood instead of his death mask and with a two-handed axe then my Captain Smash conversion that is acting as my Knights of Baals Chapter Master would be a perfect counts as ... since that's exactly how he looks like. :D

Why no death mask?

Probably because of that one scene in Devastation of Baal where Guilliman told him he shouldn't hide his face behind Sanguinius mask anymore. We have yet to see whether Dante actually followes that suggestion or not tho.

I don't imagine dante would have anything other than gold armour, i doubt the axe would become double headed (look at calgar, his weapons design hasn't changed in any meaningful way and the axe mortalis has a pretty distinct look) now that the perdition pistol is just an inferno pistol i wouldn't be surprised if that element changed. He'll probably have a fancy muscled suit of armour in primaris scale, likely like the chaplains armour (check it - its similar in design to a sigmarite)

It's possible that the final battle with the swarmlord ruined the perdition pistol permanently but they don't exactly say what happens to it. Same goes for his jump pack but it's also likely it was just badly damaged in the fight. Kind of wondering if he ends up getting something of a replacement IF they end up redoing him in the next campaign. With how much physical damage he endured he may get an upgrade but the books don't lead you to believe that this will be the case.

That being said, I'd certainly wouldn't mind a bigly Dante.

I honestly hope Dante doesn't get one of those wing jump packs. He's wearing Sanguinius mask but he isn't cosplaying Sanguinius like the Sanguinor. Wing Jump Packs fit better to the Sanguinor and the Sanguinary Guard. Dante is special because he is what he is. ;)

Why no death mask?

Probably because of that one scene in Devastation of Baal where Guilliman told him he shouldn't hide his face behind Sanguinius mask anymore. We have yet to see whether Dante actually followes that suggestion or not tho.

Yep, this!

Plus it's a good opportunity to change his design a bit. If GW are really cool they'd give us two options :)

I don't imagine dante would have anything other than gold armour, i doubt the axe would become double headed (look at calgar, his weapons design hasn't changed in any meaningful way and the axe mortalis has a pretty distinct look) now that the perdition pistol is just an inferno pistol i wouldn't be surprised if that element changed. He'll probably have a fancy muscled suit of armour in primaris scale, likely like the chaplains armour (check it - its similar in design to a sigmarite)

Yeah the Double Headed axe was just me thinking how to make him XTREME! But the normal design is pretty iconic. Calgar seems to have the New Cawl pattern bolters in his fists (as befitting a Primaris) so there is scope for Dante.

I just really don't want him in Gravis aha!

I would think that Dante's weapons would stay the same, just the style would be updated like Calgar's fists.  It would be interesting to see if they give him the option of wearing a helmet or not, since Calgar get the option now.

I can't see Dante in gravis, but I could totally see Mephiston rocking some customized gravis armor...  but man, that would make him even more of a monster!

If they did give Dante the option of being helmetless would he still have white hair or would the primaries treatment reinvigorate him to have the youthfulness of a young 100year old marine and golden flowing locks?

I always thought Dante was depicted with long raven hair like lord Elrond. I'm sure I've seen that depiction before.

Found it.

gallery_92746_14190_164880.jpg
Edited by Dont-Be-Haten