There's definitely some optimization possible in your list, but im kinda flabbergasted how he managed to table you by turn 2.

Looking at the list, either you angered the dice gods or something else went wrong.

Did you focus fire the lascannons on 1 target or just split them around?

If you want to, I (and others here) could help you out with the optimization part if you want to :yes:

I would believe it was the dice gods of it didnt happen every game. We have used the same dice for over a decade. He averages 4.5 to 5 on his rolls. Im closer to 3.

I would love to hear and take note of any tips. Im resigned that my solution is through house ruling and making BA stronger and stronger until the games are fair, but i wont discard things i may be doing wrong.

Oh but no primaris. Or predators. The former is simply taste and i would like that choice respected. The latter is experience. I have a stormraven collecting dust because he has shot it down turn 1 every single game. Without missing one ever. Didnt matter what edition we were playing. So 1 unit thats worth a lot of points that i depend on for a role that my army doesnt do very well, cant afford to lose that turn 1.

I have a stormraven collecting dust because he has shot it down turn 1 every single game. Without missing one ever. Didnt matter what edition we were playing. So 1 unit thats worth a lot of points that i depend on for a role that my army doesnt do very well, cant afford to lose that turn 1.

Eh I think I see one problem you have right there. If you don't give your opponents anti-tank more targets then of course he'll concentrate it on one and won't fail to take it out. A Stormraven is durable but not THAT durable. If you'd take 3 Predators additionally to a Stormraven I guarantee you that you'll get some use out of both unit choices.

There's definitely some optimization possible in your list, but im kinda flabbergasted how he managed to table you by turn 2.

Looking at the list, either you angered the dice gods or something else went wrong.

If you want to, I (and others here) could help you out with the optimization part if you want to :yes:

I would believe it was the dice gods of it didnt happen every game. We have used the same dice for over a decade. He averages 4.5 to 5 on his rolls. Im closer to 3.

I would love to hear and take note of any tips. Im resigned that my solution is through house ruling and making BA stronger and stronger until the games are fair, but i wont discard things i may be doing wrong.

Oh but no primaris. Or predators. The former is simply taste and i would like that choice respected. The latter is experience. I have a stormraven collecting dust because he has shot it down turn 1 every single game. Without missing one ever. Didnt matter what edition we were playing. So 1 unit thats worth a lot of points that i depend on for a role that my army doesnt do very well, cant afford to lose that turn 1.

allrighty, what other models do you have on the shelf? :) 

Eh I think I see one problem you have right there. If you don't give your opponents anti-tank more targets then of course he'll concentrate it on one and won't fail to take it out. A Stormraven is durable but not THAT durable. If you'd take 3 Predators additionally to a Stormraven I guarantee you that you'll get some use out of both unit choices.

I agree. This has been true for several editions now. You need to either go big or go home. A single armoured unit will just give your opponent a priority target for his big guns. You need 3+ to make sure you get some mileage out of them. This doesn't have to be 3 of the same type. Just make sure that you have enough armoured units for some of them to survive your opponent's opening salvo (and don't forget the "Prepared Positions" stratagem if your opponent gets T1).

That goes along with my suggestion to the list, which would be to drop the vehicles and focus on more infantry. Add in more SG and/or DC. 5 SG and 8 DC w/ power swords aren't super survivable. Death Company really need to be the ones doing the charging, if they get consolidated into, then they lose big buffs. If they charge, they get +1A and +1 to wound. I've found SG to not be very effective unless I'm bringing 8-10 of them. 

If you're being allowed to use FF on a Rhino with DC, the DC need to be disembarking first round and then charging, otherwise they're just sitting ducks. 

I would try focus firing his predator or another anti-tank vehicle. From your report, it seemed like you were trying to take down the rhinos, which are much less threatening to your list. 

Also, did you advance your Baal Preds towards him on your first turn? It's good to put pressure on your opponent, but if you sacrifice the shooting from the Baal Preds, then they're just big targets for him. 

I would suggest playing a few more games with the list before making any other house rules. It will give you more time to get experience with the list so you know what does and does not work consistently. And it's more information to use when making any other house rules. 

I'd like to know your list and your opponent's list please.

Sure thing Reclusiarch!

My list:

2 battalions

Jump captain with relic blade, relic jp

Stock chaplain

Stock lieutenant

Sanguinary priest with jp, VV, warlord trait that allows units within 6 inches to automatically pass morale

2 stock msu scout squads

4 msu tactical squads with lascanons

Rhino with 8 dc all power swords

5 man sanguinary guard with power fists

Razorback with tllc

2 baal preds full dakka

Dread with tllc and tlac

2 msu assault squads for late objective grabbing

On the whole, there are things we can work with here (though, of course, it depends on your collection). At 2k you're entitled to three Detachments so you're doing double Battalion you might as well go the whole hog and thrown in a third for that +1 CP to have 14 to play with.

• Jump Captain is fine, but consider DVoS and Artisan of War
  • SG has the "internet loadout" but they die as fast as Terminators do. IMO they need an Ancient with Standard of Sacrifice and *maybe" further character support. As need five Characters for three Detachments, a jump/bike Priest and Librarian fit well here. Either move this blob with the Smash Captain for full re-rolls unless he finds a suitable target to go off and UWoF
  • Troops are fine on the whole, however, how are you using your Scouts? Currently I go 4:2 Scout: Tacticals as my Scouts need support and I'm using Devastators for the heavy weapons (so anything the Tacticals add is a bonus). If you stick that way around, the Scouts need targets of opportunity or perhaps they are suitable SR cargo for the late game scoring.
  • If you stick with a Tactical heavy weapon blob, keep them together and give them a Captain for re-rolls. Perhaps even a Company Ancient for the 4+ final hit (this will also transfer to your SG Ancient for shenanigans). As great as lascannons are this edition, a heavy bolter and missile launcher will give you access to Mortal Wound stratagems we we dearly need to get through mass cover and/or 3++ saves
  • Work out how to fit that third Detachment form what you have. If you want Baals, get something else HS. If you go SG, SGA, Comp Ancient, etc, find the points for a cheap HQ, and so on.
  • Speaking of Baals, one of our many problems is overextending. You don't have to blast them off with OCE early. Perhaps flank them, or send them in two waves and use cover. But where is the redundancy? If you want your Baals to survive, they need something to take the heat off. If they are a sacrificial lamb, best find something nasty to take it's place.
  • If you want DC, Chaplain, Rhino, then go for it :tu: However, you can save points for dropping the power weapons down. 40k remains a numbers game and the 1-in-5 upgrade is still good advice. When I run DC I have maybe 1/2 upgrades with the rest chainswords (and bolters where possible). Just be aware they they die like Tactical Marines so they need things to neuter Overwatch, etc. They can't tank stuff, send them in on their own.
  • RAS as late game objectives grabbers is fine in theory but not if the game is over on T2. What are they doing until then? IMO RAS need to treated as horse archers this edition (well, as close as they can be) or to be used as screens/chaff. Again, they are die like Tacticals... If you like the models, perhaps consider promoting them to veterans and model a couple with storm shields.
  • As you know for what I'm running a the moment, I'd consider Devastators in place of the Lasback and Hellfire Dreadnought but that doesn't mean the above can't be of use. A Dreadnought would be worth using the re-rolls from a Captain near your heavy weapon blob and the tank would need to go with the Baals, perhaps as a screen (in which case, maybe an Assback or Bolterback would be preferable)

I've been using 2 Captains in most of my lists recently. One Smash Captain to hit the hard targets where he's needed. And a terminator captain (usually with a lieutenant) to stick with my firebase. A barebones captain would probably be more points efficient, but the only captain models i have are the Smash, terminator captain, and gravis captain. I've been using a mobile infantry firebase and then DC/SG/VV/Inceptors/SmashCapt as a forward assault to hit vital areas. 

I've used my Stormravens a lot in the last few games I've played.  Here's a recap:

At our FLGS Tanksgiving event, I ran dual stormravens at 1500 pts. (won all 3 games)

At the PAX Tourney, I ran single stormraven (but paired with an Imperial Knight) at 2000 pts  (won all 3 games)

My game last night I ran dual stormravens against Orks at 2500 pts. (lost, but a very close game)

Ironically, the only opponent that gave my birds trouble were the Orks.  Their shooting (if given the Bad Moons kulture) is almost on par with astartes when combined with their 6's dakka rule.  They basically have a 58% hit chance. Combine that with the "Moar Dakka" stratagem and the tankbustas rerolling all failed hits against vehicles, and Ork shooting blows up to something like 80% hit rate, which is simply retarded. "MoreDakka" might be 2 CP but consider that it neutralizes a flying units native -1 to hit, AND generates more hits on 5's/6's, AND they reroll all hit rolls. And they have no problem getting a brigade at 2k or higher point games, and they have good stuff in all of their slots.

Anyway, with that rant over, yes, I agree with others that say you need to have more options for your opponent's AT to shoot at (ie, redundancy).  If you're going to run 1 Stormraven, run 2, or better yet, pair it up with something like an allied Knight (because Knights are better in almost all situations).  The need for Stormravens is even higher now, since Dreads have come down in price, and need to have big birds to move them around.

I also think if you're going to do this, you want to have something like an Annhilation Predator to crack open any transports with all the juicy good stuff inside (like, for example, Tankbustas in my game vs. the Orks), because you want that good Stormraven Dakka shooting at squishy targets like that after they've been cracked.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

I'd like to know your list and your opponent's list please.

Sure thing Reclusiarch!

My list:

2 battalions

Jump captain with relic blade, relic jp

Stock chaplain

Stock lieutenant

Sanguinary priest with jp, VV, warlord trait that allows units within 6 inches to automatically pass morale

2 stock msu scout squads

4 msu tactical squads with lascanons

Rhino with 8 dc all power swords

5 man sanguinary guard with power fists

Razorback with tllc

2 baal preds full dakka

Dread with tllc and tlac

2 msu assault squads for late objective grabbing

On the whole, there are things we can work with here (though, of course, it depends on your collection). At 2k you're entitled to three Detachments so you're doing double Battalion you might as well go the whole hog and thrown in a third for that +1 CP to have 14 to play with.

• Jump Captain is fine, but consider DVoS and Artisan of War
  • SG has the "internet loadout" but they die as fast as Terminators do. IMO they need an Ancient with Standard of Sacrifice and *maybe" further character support. As need five Characters for three Detachments, a jump/bike Priest and Librarian fit well here. Either move this blob with the Smash Captain for full re-rolls unless he finds a suitable target to go off and UWoF
  • Troops are fine on the whole, however, how are you using your Scouts? Currently I go 4:2 Scout: Tacticals as my Scouts need support and I'm using Devastators for the heavy weapons (so anything the Tacticals add is a bonus). If you stick that way around, the Scouts need targets of opportunity or perhaps they are suitable SR cargo for the late game scoring.
  • If you stick with a Tactical heavy weapon blob, keep them together and give them a Captain for re-rolls. Perhaps even a Company Ancient for the 4+ final hit (this will also transfer to your SG Ancient for shenanigans). As great as lascannons are this edition, a heavy bolter and missile launcher will give you access to Mortal Wound stratagems we we dearly need to get through mass cover and/or 3++ saves
  • Work out how to fit that third Detachment form what you have. If you want Baals, get something else HS. If you go SG, SGA, Comp Ancient, etc, find the points for a cheap HQ, and so on.
  • Speaking of Baals, one of our many problems is overextending. You don't have to blast them off with OCE early. Perhaps flank them, or send them in two waves and use cover. But where is the redundancy? If you want your Baals to survive, they need something to take the heat off. If they are a sacrificial lamb, best find something nasty to take it's place.
  • If you want DC, Chaplain, Rhino, then go for it :thumbsup: However, you can save points for dropping the power weapons down. 40k remains a numbers game and the 1-in-5 upgrade is still good advice. When I run DC I have maybe 1/2 upgrades with the rest chainswords (and bolters where possible). Just be aware they they die like Tactical Marines so they need things to neuter Overwatch, etc. They can't tank stuff, send them in on their own.
  • RAS as late game objectives grabbers is fine in theory but not if the game is over on T2. What are they doing until then? IMO RAS need to treated as horse archers this edition (well, as close as they can be) or to be used as screens/chaff. Again, they are die like Tacticals... If you like the models, perhaps consider promoting them to veterans and model a couple with storm shields.
  • As you know for what I'm running a the moment, I'd consider Devastators in place of the Lasback and Hellfire Dreadnought but that doesn't mean the above can't be of use. A Dreadnought would be worth using the re-rolls from a Captain near your heavy weapon blob and the tank would need to go with the Baals, perhaps as a screen (in which case, maybe an Assback or Bolterback would be preferable)

Thank you Jolemai! and to everyone else as well. I will be saving these for our next game(probably on boxing day).

I will try and report back the results!

allrighty, what other models do you have on the shelf? :smile.:

Shooty terminators

old school metal vanguard veterans

stormraven

lots more assault marines(25 total in my collection lol)

Astorath Counts As

Dante Counts As

Lemartes Counts As

Corbulo Counts As

Mephiston Counts As

Company Ancient

on foot company veterans(3)

a few more on foot DC(3-4)

5 Jump DC

DC Dread

Furioso Dread

I think thats the whole thing

Got a Tourny coming up litteraly the day tha CA19 releases.

Here's my list (which is going to be a bit better when the points changes happen)

Battalion 1

Captain Slam - With warlord/deathvisions etc.

Mephi

3 msu scout sqds - 2 with bolters and hvy bolters, 1 with ccws

9 San Guard - 2 axes 2 fists two plasma

San Ancient - Sword/bolter

Battalion 2

Venerable Chaplin Dread - Twin lasccannons

Stock captain - (for firebase)

3 MSU Intercessors with chainswords/ auxgrenade launchers

Twin Las Dread

Twin Las Razorback

Assult Cannon Razorback

MSU Devistator squad - 4 Heavy flamers/ combi-flamer

The going plan is to Set up battalion 2 as a fire base, with the devis hidden in one of the razors if needed to be a midgame deterrent. Battalion 1 will reach out and break things that need a direct approach. I'm more than a little sad that after the tourny I'd get almost enough points extra to throw in a Liutenent and more to make it even better.

On Friday I managed to test out a theory I've been toying around with for some time.

Air Armada:

Hidden Content

2x Battalions 2000pts on the nose

HQ:

Commander Dante

The Sanguinor

Captain

-jump pack

-thunder hammer

-storm shield

Lieutenant

-jump pack

-MC boltgun

-power sword

TROOPS

Scouts x 5

-Bolt pistol + combat knife x4

-Sgt bolter + chanisword

Scouts x 5

-Sgt bolter + chanisword

Scouts x 5

-Sgt bolter + chanisword

Scouts x 5

-Sgt bolter + chanisword

Scouts x 5

-Bolter x3

-Heavy bolter x 1

-Sgt bolter + chainsword

Scouts x 5

-Bolter x3

-Heavy bolter x 1

-Sgt bolter + chainsword

ELITES:

Company Ancient

-jump pack

-bolter

Death Company x 10

-jump packs

-bolter + chainsword x 10

Sanguinary Guard x 7

-angelus boltgun + power fist x 7

FAST ATTACK:

Inceptors x 3

-Twin plasma exterminators x 3

Inceptors x 3

Inceptors x 3

-Twin assault bolterss x 3

Concept is quite simple:

Inceptors and Sanguinary Guard form a circle around the Company Ancient to milk the :cuss out of the 5++ and shoot-when-they-die 4+. Dante, Sanguinor, and LT in the middle as well. They move in formation to take on the enemy. 12D3 Plasma shots overcharging, re-rolling everything, re-rolling 1's To Wound is pretty brutal. one squad nearly wiped a 10man intercessor squad on its own. What makes this especially brutal is the Company Ancient: if a unit blows itself up overcharging (even after Dante's bubble), on a 4+ it gets to shoot again. Or if one is killed by the enemy, it gets to shoot anyways on a 4+. With all them re-rolls. I killed quite a few models that way. It also creates threat saturation since the enemy is torn between T5 2W 3+/5+++ shooting threats or T4 2W 2+/5+++ stabbing threats coming up the board. With the right positioning, you can Heroically Intervene with the characters to make him pay on his turn, and then swoop the SG in on your turn to finish them off. If the enemy is bold enough to brave that Overwatch.

Another trick to the concept is milking an idea I have gotten great mileage with: the Sanguinor as WL. Most people seem to default to the +1D WLT on Captain Smash, but I find that it's often not needed. What makes the Sanguinor a great WL for this concept is that it allows you to break off into 2 fleets: one with the Inceptors and Dante getting full re-rolls and the other with the Sanguinor and SG getting full re-rolls. Put the LT and banner in either as battlefield conditions dictate. What I especially like about deliberately not making Captain Smash WL is that you're free to be even ballsier with him without fear of giving up an easy CP. In this game he soloed Pedro Kantor who was the lynchpin of my opponents force and carved a whole in another Intercessor squad (he had brought 3x10 Intercessors).

The issue is that it's fairly brittle and almost your entire army is tied up in that "fleet" configuration. Hence why Scouts provide a combo of cheap CP, screening/blocking, and can dogpile enemy units early in the game (melee units that can start 9" away from enemies should be underrated).

And since you're wondering, no, I did not win: I lost by getting tabled....but a couple mitigating circumstances beyond just how bad I rolled: I faced a perennial Black Templar foe who brough no AT and a lot of anti-Elite shooting, I made some rookie mistakes with model positioning with my early DC push, and I completely forgot to charge with my 4 units of CQC Scouts knocking on his door <face palm>. I was too distracted by my own air armada and forgot what I was doing with the Scouts.

It's a concept that I think has potential, though perhaps it will be relegated to bigger games. I feel there's some wiggle room to toy around with 3x3 Inceptors, or 1x8 or such as well as maybe a Sang Priest for a revive a turn.

I remembered to throw a grenade with the Sanguinor this time, so that's a personal accomplishment (he has them, ya know!)

Another concept I think is worth exploring is CQC Scouts with Camo Cloaks: park on the 9.000001" line outside your opponent's DZ and if he goes first pop Concealed Positions. Now he is forced to deal with 2+ save CQC trolls sitting on his front porch.

Nice, might have to try something similar once I'm done with my inceptors.

Isn't the banner one shot on a 4+ or is it a full round of shooting? Maybe it was in close combat you only get one attack from it, or did they FAQ it?

The banner is: "shoot with one of its weapons (so all the shots, but from one weapon only!) or make a single attack"

Shooty terminators

old school metal vanguard veterans

stormraven

lots more assault marines(25 total in my collection lol)

Astorath Counts As

Dante Counts As

Lemartes Counts As

Corbulo Counts As

Mephiston Counts As

Company Ancient

on foot company veterans(3)

a few more on foot DC(3-4)

5 Jump DC

DC Dread

Furioso Dread

I think thats the whole thing

Allrighty. Looking at the collection you have, You could be up for some fun. 

If you want to butcher some assault marines for their jump packs you could run something like this: 

Battalion: 

Captain: Jp/relic blade

Mephy

2x scouts

1x tactical w/ lascannon

Battalion:

Sanguinary priest: jp

Dante

Lieutenant/captain

3x tactical w/ lascannon

Razorback w/ twin lascannons

Vanguard: 

Lemartes

Death company(13): 8x power swords, 2x thunderhammer, 3x chainsword

Company ancient

Sanguinary guard(5): Power fists

Vanguard veterans(5): Relic blade, 2x powersword, 2x plasma pistol. 

The loadouts on the VV and death company are as the models are right now (except maybe the thunder hammers.... but those are kinda needed in a unit like that).

The way you could run this is the tacticals as firebase with the ancient & captain/lieutenant. You have 2 threatening forces in the death company + lemartes and the sanguinary guard, and running the hq's with them. Mephiston and the jump captain do what they do best while the vanguard veterans can work as a distraction or counter force. 

I see this list having some trouble with knights and the like, but then again, who doesn't. 

I'm sure others could pitch in on this, since there's still a few points to spare after CA i believe and there might be better lists to be built with the models :sweat:

Edited by Lynnean

On Friday I managed to test out a theory I've been toying around with for some time.

Air Armada:

Hidden Content

2x Battalions 2000pts on the nose

HQ:

Commander Dante

The Sanguinor

Captain

-jump pack

-thunder hammer

-storm shield

Lieutenant

-jump pack

-MC boltgun

-power sword

TROOPS

Scouts x 5

-Sgt bolter + chanisword

Scouts x 5

-Sgt bolter + chanisword

Scouts x 5

-Sgt bolter + chanisword

Scouts x 5

-Sgt bolter + chanisword

Scouts x 5

-Bolter x3

-Heavy bolter x 1

-Sgt bolter + chainsword

Scouts x 5

-Bolter x3

-Heavy bolter x 1

-Sgt bolter + chainsword

ELITES:

Company Ancient

-jump pack

-bolter

Death Company x 10

-jump packs

-bolter + chainsword x 10

Sanguinary Guard x 7

-angelus boltgun + power fist x 7

FAST ATTACK:

Inceptors x 3

Inceptors x 3

Inceptors x 3

-Twin assault bolterss x 3

Concept is quite simple:

Inceptors and Sanguinary Guard form a circle around the Company Ancient to milk the :censored: out of the 5++ and shoot-when-they-die 4+. Dante, Sanguinor, and LT in the middle as well. They move in formation to take on the enemy. 12D3 Plasma shots overcharging, re-rolling everything, re-rolling 1's To Wound is pretty brutal. one squad nearly wiped a 10man intercessor squad on its own. What makes this especially brutal is the Company Ancient: if a unit blows itself up overcharging (even after Dante's bubble), on a 4+ it gets to shoot again. Or if one is killed by the enemy, it gets to shoot anyways on a 4+. With all them re-rolls. I killed quite a few models that way. It also creates threat saturation since the enemy is torn between T5 2W 3+/5+++ shooting threats or T4 2W 2+/5+++ stabbing threats coming up the board. With the right positioning, you can Heroically Intervene with the characters to make him pay on his turn, and then swoop the SG in on your turn to finish them off. If the enemy is bold enough to brave that Overwatch.

Another trick to the concept is milking an idea I have gotten great mileage with: the Sanguinor as WL. Most people seem to default to the +1D WLT on Captain Smash, but I find that it's often not needed. What makes the Sanguinor a great WL for this concept is that it allows you to break off into 2 fleets: one with the Inceptors and Dante getting full re-rolls and the other with the Sanguinor and SG getting full re-rolls. Put the LT and banner in either as battlefield conditions dictate. What I especially like about deliberately not making Captain Smash WL is that you're free to be even ballsier with him without fear of giving up an easy CP. In this game he soloed Pedro Kantor who was the lynchpin of my opponents force and carved a whole in another Intercessor squad (he had brought 3x10 Intercessors).

The issue is that it's fairly brittle and almost your entire army is tied up in that "fleet" configuration. Hence why Scouts provide a combo of cheap CP, screening/blocking, and can dogpile enemy units early in the game (melee units that can start 9" away from enemies should be underrated).

And since you're wondering, no, I did not win: I lost by getting tabled....but a couple mitigating circumstances beyond just how bad I rolled: I faced a perennial Black Templar foe who brough no AT and a lot of anti-Elite shooting, I made some rookie mistakes with model positioning with my early DC push, and I completely forgot to charge with my 4 units of CQC Scouts knocking on his door <face palm>. I was too distracted by my own air armada and forgot what I was doing with the Scouts.

It's a concept that I think has potential, though perhaps it will be relegated to bigger games. I feel there's some wiggle room to toy around with 3x3 Inceptors, or 1x8 or such as well as maybe a Sang Priest for a revive a turn.

I remembered to throw a grenade with the Sanguinor this time, so that's a personal accomplishment (he has them, ya know!)

Another concept I think is worth exploring is CQC Scouts with Camo Cloaks: park on the 9.000001" line outside your opponent's DZ and if he goes first pop Concealed Positions. Now he is forced to deal with 2+ save CQC trolls sitting on his front porch.

I like this concept. Might be something I have to look into trying. It's definitely got some teeth. Having a mobile, shooting firebase I think is something that is underrated for Blood Angels. 

FYI, I think the Prepared Positions stratagem only affects units in your deployment zone, so scouts that are deployed between the DZs won't benefit from it. 

<snip>

I like this concept. Might be something I have to look into trying. It's definitely got some teeth. Having a mobile, shooting firebase I think is something that is underrated for Blood Angels. 

FYI, I think the Prepared Positions stratagem only affects units in your deployment zone, so scouts that are deployed between the DZs won't benefit from it. 

You are correct on Prepared Positions, so scratch that idea off the Concept list.

Hidden Content

40kBigFAQ2-Sep28-PreparedPositions22tx.j

Alright so I got my early christmas present in form of a Repulsor already! I think I'll assemble it the coming weekend. However a question to those who own one themselves before I hate myself ... how important is it to paint the Repulsor parts before assembling it completely? I won't magnetize this one just FYI. ^^

The bottom half of the repulsor is better painted before assembly. The Pads are awful to work around. I painted those/ the struts before attaching them. Aside from that, I found it about the same amount of paint work as a land raider. 

So my general advice of paint everything as you build it is best, but Sanquinor knows I cannot do that 99%of the time. Your normal amount of prepainting would likely be fine.

Oh, before I forget. The base will be a pain to do, and you will not be able to see it well. go figure.

Yeah the base will be interesting. I was surprised at how thick the flying stand is for the Repulsor and am quite happy that it won't really be visible anyway. I think I'll assemble the Repulsor completely except for base, plates and turret and then paint it. Thanks so far!

It definitely doesn't look like it'll break anytime soon like I had to experience with the flying stand for my T'au Devilfish. I was able to drill the broken part out of it but unless I order a new flying stand it'll have to park on the ground for now. So annoying.

One day I'll talk my wife into a Blood Angels ornament to hang on our Christmas tree. But for now I will relish the fact our generic ornaments are gold and red in honor of our chapter colors. With the slightest hints of metallic green to represent the eye lenses to our favored sons armor.

I hope you all are having a fair holiday season. I know I'm surely tired of all this rain here!

With the release of CA 2.0 I've been tinkering with a few changes and I've got a couple more carmine blade models I'm going to be building up before long. Like a whole lot of VVs!