One day I'll talk my wife into a Blood Angels ornament to hang on our Christmas tree. But for now I will relish the fact our generic ornaments are gold and red in honor of our chapter colors. With the slightest hints of metallic green to represent the eye lenses to our favored sons armor.

I hope you all are having a fair holiday season. I know I'm surely tired of all this rain here!

With the release of CA 2.0 I've been tinkering with a few changes and I've got a couple more carmine blade models I'm going to be building up before long. Like a whole lot of VVs!

Prepping for a battle friday night. wish me luck!

That looks so cool! That Helsreach video they did/are doing is amazing, so I'm looking forward to this. 

I've been reading through the Vigilus book, so I haven't played around with lists at all yet. But I've checked out all the points changes. There should be a decent points drop from my 1750 list I took to a tournament last month. I want to see how much it changed. 

I may have missed it, but I was a bit surprised DC with jumppacks didn't drop at all. Not that I think it was needed, but AM and VV w/ JP both went down a bit, so I would've thought DC would too just to stay consistent. 

Good luck Dolchiate Remembrancer! The Emperor Protects! 

Hello everyone, I have a 3k game Saturday. Haven't played a serious game with BA since 5th ed. and my collection is somewhat limited since I sold all my stuff off at the beginning of 6th. Critiques on my list would be appreciated. I'm playing a lot of models because I just got them last week with the Battleforces. Blood Angels are the best Chapter hands down and I want to get back into playing them regularly even though they seem to be lacking a lot of competitive tools.

BA Battalion and Vangaurd

Mephiston (man, myth, legend)

Slam Captain - AoW, Hammer/Shield, DVoS, Angels Wing

Primaris Captain w/ PS (reroll and troop protection in backfield)

Lemartes (the only guy cooler than Mephiston)

Intercessars (5) - PS and GL Intercessars (5) - PS and GL Intercessars (5) - GL

2x3 Aggressors - flamestorms (first game)

9 DC - 2 hammers, 2 PS and Infernos, JPs

DC dread - Furiosos, grapple, melta, SB

Relic Sicaran - las and SB (first game)

2x3 Inceptors - assault bolters (looks awesome and love heavy bolters)

2x5 Hellblasters - incinerators (first game) Fire Raptor - las (first game)

Admech Battalion (for cheap 5 CPs/speedbumps/objective holders/I dont own the "brave 32")

stygies (-1 to hit within 12")

2 enginseers 3x5 rangers

Assassin Vanguard (bought them last week and want to keep trying them out to see if they belong in my competitive lists)

2 Culexus

1 Evesor

Edited by thundrchickn

It's cheaper but with the loyal32 you get a better points per bodies ratio which I'd honestly prefer competetive wise.

You do get more bodies but you get higher strength guns(less shots), better saves(sometimes phenominally better with shroudsalm), longer ranger, and Stygies gives a -1 to hit.  More bodies can also be a negative because of guardsmens low leadership.  My main reason was to spend as little points as possible for the CPs and they're ok enough to put on the board.

It's cheaper but with the loyal32 you get a better points per bodies ratio which I'd honestly prefer competetive wise.

The Loyal32 also get access to the Grand Strategist WL trait (which you probably won't want as the BA traits are punchier) and also to Kurov's Aquila (which you might want since for 1CP, it is likely to pay for itself in most games).

However I can see the appeal of Admech.

Just realized, my gut instinct on Mephiston going up in price being a mistake was correct.

He's more expensive than a Librarian Dread.

Like, almost 20 pts more expensive.

He knows 1 extra power, has 1 extra attack, and a 2+ save/5+++, while the Libby dread has much better weapon (same str and ap, but flat 3 damage compared to d3), T7 over T5, and 3 extra wounds.

I'd say their pretty similar in durability, as the increased save and 5+++ is probably worth about the same as 3 extra wounds, as T5 and T7 are very similar except against Str 5 and 6, but the dread is just straight better offensively.

The lose of 1 attack is more than made up for by flat 3 damage, a better ranged weapon, and access to the wisdom of the Ancients strat so the dread can reroll it's own 1s to hit for 1 CP.

Since they can both use quickening (and will be) and possibly red rampage, losing 1 base attack is significantly less important than that weapon hitting hard.

I guess Mephiston is easier to hide? But their both characters.

Seems they over did it here.

As I'd take a libby dread with a heavy flamer over Mephiston most of the time, and it's cheaper than he is by a few points.

The Unit of the Week series will be taking a short break over Sanguinala and when it returns, we'll begin discussing the remaining units we all know and love (Tactical Squads, Dreadnoughts, Devastators, and so on).

I want to take the opportunity to remind everyone that these exist as a resource on how to use the units in question. It is so Frater can search for a unit in their collection and see how better to use said unit without seeing the constant stream of internet logic that "unit X is best, take that instead". For many of us, our collections are extensive and every so often we like to play with something that differs from the atypical net-list so please, focus on that. It can theory-crafting, it can be anecdotes; ideally it will be in-depth synergies which ebb and flow with the changes during the edition to create a living document that can assist a Frater new or old to wielding a Blood Angels force.

Discussion has been great so far and it's certainly helped me out in places. I hope it has helped many of you too.

One day I'll talk my wife into a Blood Angels ornament to hang on our Christmas tree. But for now I will relish the fact our generic ornaments are gold and red in honor of our chapter colors. With the slightest hints of metallic green to represent the eye lenses to our favored sons armor.

I hope you all are having a fair holiday season. I know I'm surely tired of all this rain here!

With the release of CA 2.0 I've been tinkering with a few changes and I've got a couple more carmine blade models I'm going to be building up before long. Like a whole lot of VVs!

Prepping for a battle friday night. wish me luck!
And what a game it was!

4-2 final for the emperor's children in a relic game. I got slay the warlord and first blood. He got the relic and line breaker.

But what a game. Ended in turn 5 with his sole posession of the relic and both our forces decimated! It was exciting and fun and had twists and turns.

What a blast!

I tweaked my list from last time by removing an assault squad and trimming the dc down to 5 men to introduce a second twin las razor instead of the rhino and a librarian for the extra cp.

Units im still unsure about:

Said Librarian

Sanguinary Guard

DC

I want them in my army but they seem like they are all missing something.

Units i have been loving:

Scouts. Great bang for buck.

Lascanon tacticals. Sheer numbers just gives and keeps on giving.

Baal preds when playing conservatively. So much dakka in our back field.

Twin las twin auto dread. With the 1cp strat paired with some tacticals. So good!

I will be reporting to the aforementionned threads reclusiarch Jol. Much discussion to be had.

-DR

The Unit of the Week series will be taking a short break over Sanguinala and when it returns, we'll begin discussing the remaining units we all know and love (Tactical Squads, Dreadnoughts, Devastators, and so on).

I want to take the opportunity to remind everyone that these exist as a resource on how to use the units in question. It is so Frater can search for a unit in their collection and see how better to use said unit without seeing the constant stream of internet logic that "unit X is best, take that instead". For many of us, our collections are extensive and every so often we like to play with something that differs from the atypical net-list so please, focus on that. It can theory-crafting, it can be anecdotes; ideally it will be in-depth synergies which ebb and flow with the changes during the edition to create a living document that can assist a Frater new or old to wielding a Blood Angels force.

Discussion has been great so far and it's certainly helped me out in places. I hope it has helped many of you too.

Reclusiarch, may i propose we do Librarians next? I believe this is a hidden unit of ours that could benefit from being taken apart and put back together.

Oh you’ve added the full list to a summary page. Sweet :-)

Just ordered some butchered dreads off ebay. Gonna repair/fixem up into a 2nd each chaplain dread and Librarian dread. That should help me get my dread list finished up and running.

Always a fun project, show us when you're done!

Actually, some stuff just started coming in:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/15107-blood-angels-recovery-and-conversion/

sml_gallery_104017_15107_9742.jpg sml_gallery_104017_15107_41920.jpg

turns out the dread is actually a Forge world Venerable Dread, so extra awesome. However, theres a huge amount of paint stick in very fine work. Also the original owner didn't wash the resin off at all, so that becomes step one. Step two might be stripping, if washing doesn't work. One hand is mutilated, so I will be converting that hand to the halberd.

The terminators are hard to see in this picture, but there are a few issues. One, they were put on 32s. No idea why. So i have to scrounge up some more 40s. Second, there are some shoulder pads missing. and most of the ones that are not missing are on the opposite side. Need to swap as best as I can. Going to use extra Gravis Shoulder Pads where I can to get the BA Chapter sign on them. Also, luckily I have another 5 man squad of assault termis with the opposite load out. Now I can run a squad of 5 claws or 5 hammers. I'm going to do a shield swap of the guy holding the sargent shield with the sargent of my other squad, who doesn't have a fancy shield.

Finally, In the mail is a fell apart Death co Dread, which I am going to convert into a second Chaplin Dread. It already has Venerable dread feet, for some reason. I have added some pictures to the album for stuff in the mail.

Just ordered some butchered dreads off ebay. Gonna repair/fixem up into a 2nd each chaplain dread and Librarian dread. That should help me get my dread list finished up and running.

Always a fun project, show us when you're done!

Actually, some stuff just started coming in:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/album/15107-blood-angels-recovery-and-conversion/

sml_gallery_104017_15107_9742.jpg sml_gallery_104017_15107_41920.jpg

turns out the dread is actually a Forge world Venerable Dread, so extra awesome. However, theres a huge amount of paint stick in very fine work. Also the original owner didn't wash the resin off at all, so that becomes step one. Step two might be stripping, if washing doesn't work. One hand is mutilated, so I will be converting that hand to the halberd.

The terminators are hard to see in this picture, but there are a few issues. One, they were put on 32s. No idea why. So i have to scrounge up some more 40s. Second, there are some shoulder pads missing. and most of the ones that are not missing are on the opposite side. Need to swap as best as I can. Going to use extra Gravis Shoulder Pads where I can to get the BA Chapter sign on them. Also, luckily I have another 5 man squad of assault termis with the opposite load out. Now I can run a squad of 5 claws or 5 hammers. I'm going to do a shield swap of the guy holding the sargent shield with the sargent of my other squad, who doesn't have a fancy shield.

Finally, In the mail is a fell apart Death co Dread, which I am going to convert into a second Chaplin Dread. It already has Venerable dread feet, for some reason. I have added some pictures to the album for stuff in the mail.

Incredible find! Those MkIV dreads are like gold dust now!

For everyone that celebrates Christmas on here, hope you have a good one! I got some reinforcements that were a Blood Angels Leviathan Dreadnought, BA Praetor Terminator and BA Legion Praetor, so I'm very happy with that! They are stunning sculpts!