For painting yellow over darker colours, I normally just reach straight for the Ceramite white. I respect people who can build up many layers to get a solid yellow over a dark colour but for me, life is too short. :tongue.:

Then again, I prime my BAs white anyway to get a nice bright red colour so what do I know? :wink:

med_gallery_82363_13858_684645.jpg

What black do you use?

Abaddon Black with a light drybrushed grey highlight.

My Shadowspear box has arrived. First look at the Librarian - bautifully cast model. So good in fact, that I'm really torn on wether I want to convert him or not. I would like to, but it's really hard to improve somehing that looks so good. Great pose, fantastic sword (it's actually as long as the Librarian is tall :ohmy.:)

I would switch the left pauldron for a regular one but with a BA chapter badge (easy enough as it's a seperate piece).

Oh, and he is on a 40mm base as is the rest of the characters.

I got the box last night and looked through, love the models, but the monopose on the characters is tricky as I love having unique dudes. I just have to remind myself that the old metals I look back at with rose tinted glasses are also all monopose, however the plastic is easier to convert. 

For painting yellow over darker colours, I normally just reach straight for the Ceramite white. I respect people who can build up many layers to get a solid yellow over a dark colour but for me, life is too short. :tongue.:

Then again, I prime my BAs white anyway to get a nice bright red colour so what do I know? :wink:

med_gallery_82363_13858_684645.jpg

What black do you use?

Abaddon Black with a light drybrushed grey highlight.

Thanks, I like the simplicity of your paint scheme as well.

I'm currently working on my own intercessors so I'm gonna do something similar!

I've proxied intercessors and was pleased with them each time I tossed them on the table, now I have some of my own.. I'm pumped as a former grunt myself, they're such a fine addition to my army.

I also am working on my my complete squad (10) of VVs, I just can't get over how durable they are with Invuln and SoS.

A couple of friends are taking Knights and Space Wolves to a local doubles tournament next weekend (1k for each player). So I'm pairing my Blood Angels up with another friend's Orks to give their list a run out. Not hoping for much, but I've put some newly painted models in my list just to use them:

1 x Captain Smash (W - Artisan of War)

1 x Librarian Dreadnought

1 x Venerable Chaplain Dreadnought (Lascannon)

3 x 5 man Intercessors

1 x 5 man Sanguinary Guard (standard load out but one bringing a power fist)

3 x Inceptors with assault bolters

Like I said, not expecting much!

We need a today captain smash killed thread.

Thanks to the sanguinor + red rampage he took out a LRC, a centurion squad, and tigaris. As well as the vicitrix guard.

Here you go..

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/352158-ba-damage-high-scores/

I forgot all about this thread. Hell I've even posted in it...lol.

I just remembered "today the DC killed."

I like the list. Three high threat characters your opponent can't target without getting through your Intercessors first. Are the matches 2v2? If yes then even better as they get protected by all those Orks as well!

Correct. First game was kill points which we lost marginally on. We concentrated too much on the knights and the Wulfen and Thunder Wolves made us pay. Second game was objective points and we won quite easily as well as knocking out most of the effective enemy units. Captain Smash knocked out an Armiger on his own and accounted for 2/3s of a knight in both games. The Librarian Dreadnought did almost as well. I tended to keep him back due to the lack of an invul (I have him Wings and Quickening rather than Shield).

We had two fun games and I finally got to run the Chaplain Dreadnought which was a bonus!

So I did a thing today. This marine's belt buckle got completly destroyed in a glue accident. I cut out the old belt buckle, cut a buckle from a spare chest piece, sanded it and glued it back to place. Then I folded the side pieces of plastic and glued them aswell. It might look a bit skewed but thats the little chalice thats skewed not the buckle. Can you tell this was not always there?

RJXHk9m.jpg

It needs to be 40k Blood Angels for us. So a Mk III squad would be fine, a Legion Basilisk would not be and whilst counts-as does exist to an extent, it shouldn't be abused (e.g. Land Raider Excelsior would be entered as a Land Raider Achillies, but a Legion Basilisk wouldn't be fine as a Hunter).

* Disclaimer: this is based on previous rules

Yep.

You're supposed to enter them at the start point for how you paint stuff. For example, I still undercoat white so that's my start point. However, with a lot of folk using the base sprays as their start point an all over base coat has been permitted in the past.

Edited by Jolemai

Can models that are spray painted with mephiston red enter ETL ? :tongue.:

Yep.

As per Jole. As I recall, black/white undercoating was allowed, however this was decided to give an advantage to dominantly black/white armies, so all plane basecoats were allowed - as long as its one flat colour across all the model before you start it should be fine. 

Also, the next fight in the Feast of Blades is up.

Edited by Xenith

Can models that are spray painted with mephiston red enter ETL ? :tongue.:

Just as an example, this was the Sicaran I entered for last years ETL:

I use a 5 step airbrushing system for my reds that I adapted from our very own LutherMax, so this saves me a large amount of time when it comes to painting for the ETL

gallery_85034_14559_294443.jpg

EDIT: Forgot words.

Edited by Slothysaur