Have we done a recent comparison between the Fire Raptor, Storm Eagle, and Storm Raven yet?

Also, been scrounging for an extra heavy flamer marine. Trying to get a solid 3 built and readied for the event. I'm going to start maining a BBQ dev unit. 4 heavy flamers and a combi-flamer just seems *so* cool! It is far inferior to the flamer aggressors, but I can drop them down from a bird and I can't with the aggressors (yet).

Huzzah. Dreadnought Drop Pod is Back!

No. Really? I am the excite.

A review of the model done by a chap on the B&C (who acquired it at the HH Weekender):

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/317342-cadmus-tyro-xth-and-xxth-blog-recon-marines-wip/?p=5263084

That's exciting. When I got into 40k, I was fresh off of getting bored with Dawn of War 1, which has the old "regular Drop Pods can carry Dreadnoughts" thing, so I was actually expecting Drop Pods to carry my Dreadnought into battle. Alas, they do not, and they can't carry Primaris, so I haven't bought one.

I was  thinking today that the captain in phobos armor from the new set is the perfect model for the captain of the 10th company. From there my thoughts trailed a bit about where do infiltrators and eliminators fit in the command stracture of the blood angels and it kinda feels thematic to me for them to be in the 10th.

Only problem with Phobos Captain being the leader of the 10th Company for Blood Angels Chapter, is that Captain Borgio has survived the Devastation of Baal. So no place for a Primaris Captain there. Of course Borgio can be re-assigned.

Shadowspear fluff for Ultramarines says, if I remember correctly, that the Shadowspear strike force hailed from the 2nd Company. Definitely Acheran was the Captain of the 2nd. 
This would theoretically support the idea that a Battle Company is able to perform multiple roles as can a Captain don different suits of armor. 

No reason for Blood Angels to adopt this approach of course. Or not to adopt it ;) 
If it suits you, then that is what matters. :)

I was  thinking today that the captain in phobos armor from the new set is the perfect model for the captain of the 10th company. From there my thoughts trailed a bit about where do infiltrators and eliminators fit in the command stracture of the blood angels and it kinda feels thematic to me for them to be in the 10th.

According to the official fluff given by GW only the 10th have a fix contingent of Vanguard Marines. The Marines in the Battlecompanies are separated by battlefield role (reminder: it's Battleline, Close Support, Fire Support. Not Troop, Fast Attack, Heavy Support; nor melee, shooty; nor phobos, gravis, tacticus; nor anything else) and each Primaris has sets of gear for his battlefield role which he can choose from (or rather gets told by his superior) which to use for the current mission.

For example Primaris Marine Bob is designated for Battleline duty in the 3rd company. He has a set of Tacticus armour with a bunch of different Bolter variants as well as a set of Phobos armour. Usually he deploys with his Tacticus armour in an Intercessor squad but if his Captain thinks a more sneaky approach is needed he can tell Bob to suit up in his Phobos armour and deploy in an Infiltrator squad.

Likewise a Marine designated for Fire Support duty has a set of Gravis armour so he can deploy as Aggressor, a set of Tacticus armour so he can deploy as Hellblaster, a set of Phobos armour so he can deploy as Eliminator and a set of this weird gravis/tacticus hybrid so he can deploy as Suppressor depending on what mission command declares is needed.

Same goes for the HQs of course.

So far we haven't heard anything about Blood Angels doing it differently and we usually play by the Codex Astartes rules so I'd say it's likely we are doing it the same way. Of course one is always free to adjust things if he uses a successor chapter or doesn't care about the official fluff.

No black trims on the shoulders :dry.:

I never liked the completely red shoulder pads of the Blood Angels. In that regard the Knights of the Chalice, Angels Encarmine and other successors look much better. ^^

Only problem with Phobos Captain being the leader of the 10th Company for Blood Angels Chapter, is that Captain Borgio has survived the Devastation of Baal. So no place for a Primaris Captain there. Of course Borgio can be re-assigned.

All GW's Ultramarines are painted as second company, and all the BA as second company also. Captain Aphael survived Devastation, so who is the Gravis captain leading the second Co on p4-5 of the codex?

Aside from that, GW have done remarkably well at not having a painted 2nd co primaris captain in the codex. 

My point is that a lot has happened in the 200 years ince DoBaal. Maybe Borgio is dead? Maybe he crossed the Rubicon and became Primaris?

You got me there Xenith :tongue.:

And GW as well for that matter :rolleyes:

Meh, it's a bit of a mess, and best not to think about. All GW's Ultramarine captains are 2nd company, I don't know if the Gravis, Tacticus and Phobos captain models are all supposed to be Captain Acheran or not. 

EDIT: Apparently they are, well done GW!

According to the official fluff given by GW only the 10th have a fix contingent of Vanguard Marines. 

So my gut feeling was right after all? :p