I do love how the desires to be “Codex Space Marines: Blood Angels Supplement” vs “Codex: Blood Angels” tends to be directly proportional with which side has the newest shinies*.

Have faith, brothers. Our time will come. Patience is a virtue.

*of course there’s some stalwarts on both sides

<cynicism over>

I've wanted an approach more like HH for almost as long as HH has been about. There is very little reason why we couldn't be a supplement lol

Do primaris even suffer from the Black Rage yet? They have the thirst from Corbulo witnessing it in the codex (and the rules obvs). Primaris characters are also explicitly excluded from Death Visions of Sanguinius.

Primaris do not (yet) suffer from the Black Rage. The fluff has been left sufficiently vague that GW could play it either way. Perhaps the DC will remain a dwindling legacy unit or perhaps we will see Primaris DC in future once if it becomes clear Cawl's tinkering was not quite as good as he claimed it was.

Spent a good half an hour staring at my display cabinet, ruing my lack of time and focus for mini painting.  I realized I have a lot of half-finished projects that would quickly motivate me and improve my collection:

Unbased Terminator Squad (5)

Unbased Bike Squad (3)

Unbased Techmarine (1)

Half painted Devastator Squad (5)

Half painted Scouts (2)

Half painted Land Speeder (1)

Half painted Honor Guard (1)

Half Painted Primaris Intercessors (Imperial Fists) (5)

I could do the basings in one night, and the remaining unpainted squads would probably take a week of work each. That would expand my painted collection considerably in a month, so I will schedule these into my October hobby program. 

Spent a good half an hour staring at my display cabinet, ruing my lack of time and focus for mini painting.  I realized I have a lot of half-finished projects that would quickly motivate me and improve my collection:

Unbased Terminator Squad (5)

Unbased Bike Squad (3)

Unbased Techmarine (1)

Half painted Devastator Squad (5)

Half painted Scouts (2)

Half painted Land Speeder (1)

Half painted Honor Guard (1)

Half Painted Primaris Intercessors (Imperial Fists) (5)

I could do the basings in one night, and the remaining unpainted squads would probably take a week of work each. That would expand my painted collection considerably in a month, so I will schedule these into my October hobby program. 

It's a similar thing for me - I want to revisit my started-not-finished projects in the coming months and work on little things, like missing highlights, purity seals, squad markings, weathering etc. I'd like to keep it a fun, no-pressure thing.

This ETL was good for getting my ranks of grey plastic painted up. Now I settled on a textured base style I need to go back and apply that over all my previous models that had temporary green bases, and then I have various things that were half painted from before the ETL I can go back and complete.

That'll keep me busy for a bit, but then it means that I can start working through my boxed stockpile to build and paint things without a cabinet full of grey glaring at me.

Edited by Thoridon

This ETL was good for getting my ranks of grey plastic painted up. Now I settled on a textured base style I need to go back and apply that over all my previous models that had temporary green bases, and then I have various things that were half painted from before the ETL I can go back and complete.

That'll keep me busy for a bit, but then it means that I can start working through my boxed stockpile to build and paint things without a cabinet full of grey glaring at me.

Same here, but I’ve also made some impulse purchases to flesh out some unit choices such as the Sanguinary Guard and DC.

Also, breaking off bases from finished miniatures hurts my soul :(

On an unrelated note, does anyone have the Angels of Death Codex from 2nd Edition? I was looking for the BA snippet where a squad of assault marines go to town on a bunker of heretics.

On an unrelated note, does anyone have the Angels of Death Codex from 2nd Edition? I was looking for the BA snippet where a squad of assault marines go to town on a bunker of heretics.

Man I love that story, the BA getting in the guard's face and shouting about the Emperor. 

The one about sergeant Raphael waiting for the guardsmen to be ready also shows off the sanguine side of the BA, calm and tolerant of humans. The 2nd ed wargear book was pure gold. 

Backlog was looking a little thin, so I picked up 20 Mk3 marines today on the way to a meeting. Not sure what I will do with them yet.

Edit: here is a question. I can’t find any images of Death Company in Mk3 plate. Would there have not been any Mk3 marines by the time of the Scouring who might have been placed into the DC? Loremasters, help me?

Edited by Zebulon

Backlog was looking a little thin, so I picked up 20 Mk3 marines today on the way to a meeting. Not sure what I will do with them yet.

Edit: here is a question. I can’t find any images of Death Company in Mk3 plate. Would there have not been any Mk3 marines by the time of the Scouring who might have been placed into the DC? Loremasters, help me?

The Black Rage didn't start happening until after the Siege of Terra, so right around the time of the Scouring. It could still have been early enough that the Chaplains didn't know what to look for, so they didn't have a Death Company per se. Everyone could still have been trying to figure out how to deal with the new phenomenon. 

Man I love that story, the BA getting in the guard's face and shouting about the Emperor.

The one about sergeant Raphael waiting for the guardsmen to be ready also shows off the sanguine side of the BA, calm and tolerant of humans. The 2nd ed wargear book was pure gold.

That's in one of my galleries. I'll find it for you later.