At the end of the new info from warhammer community it say that we will get an official rules update as a free download. Sounds nice. =)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/05/space-marines-preview-enhanced-chapter-tacticsgw-homepage-post-1-2/

** If you’re a fan of the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Deathwatch, don’t worry – you can look forward to official rules updates coming soon via free PDF download. And remember, you Heretic Astartes players out there will also be gaining Shock Assault for your units in a similar update

The PDF is probably just going to say:

Replace the following Datasheets in Codex: Blood Angels with the datasheets in Codex: Space Marines, with a massive list. Plus it'll say you can use all other datasheets with the [CHAPTER] keyword.

It will also add Shock Assault to our rules.

======================================

NOW.... Exciting stuff, all the vanilla chapters are getting further improved/ expanded chapter tactics that now affect vehicles (e.g. everything in the codex bar servitors). so it's time for a game not played since early 8th ed, that's right it's time for...

THE GREAT BLOOD ANGEL CHAPTER TACTIC PREDICITION COMPETITION! 

The fact it will be expanded to vehicles, and that they have little to no use for Red Thirst makes me think of one thing to be coming back:

Overcharged engines baby! I think our vehicles will be able to advance and ignore the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons or something there of, maybe advance and charge (though WS get that).

Already confirmed that our tactic won't be changing apparently.

Edited by Blindhamster

At the end of the new info from warhammer community it say that we will get an official rules update as a free download. Sounds nice. =)

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/05/space-marines-preview-enhanced-chapter-tacticsgw-homepage-post-1-2/

** If you’re a fan of the Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Grey Knights or Deathwatch, don’t worry – you can look forward to official rules updates coming soon via free PDF download. And remember, you Heretic Astartes players out there will also be gaining Shock Assault for your units in a similar update

The PDF is probably just going to say:

Replace the following Datasheets in Codex: Blood Angels with the datasheets in Codex: Space Marines, with a massive list. Plus it'll say you can use all other datasheets with the [CHAPTER] keyword.

It will also add Shock Assault to our rules.

======================================

NOW.... Exciting stuff, all the vanilla chapters are getting further improved/ expanded chapter tactics that now affect vehicles (e.g. everything in the codex bar servitors). so it's time for a game not played since early 8th ed, that's right it's time for...

THE GREAT BLOOD ANGEL CHAPTER TACTIC PREDICITION COMPETITION!

The fact it will be expanded to vehicles, and that they have little to no use for Red Thirst makes me think of one thing to be coming back:

Overcharged engines baby! I think our vehicles will be able to advance and ignore the penalty for moving and firing heavy weapons or something there of, maybe advance and charge (though WS get that).

My interpretation is that the community team was only confirming that there will be no chapter tactic update for us in Codex Space Marines.

I think the mistake people make about having primaris characters is that GW will translate every piece of armor to an already existing primaris armor mark. I'm pretty sure our characters will have unique armors. They will suit the primaris aesthetics of course but they wont deviate a lot from what already exists. For Dante im expecting an ornate mark X armor suit with a new fancy jump pack, nothing akin to inceptor gravis armor.

^This.

I don't get why people instantly assume Shrike or Dante will be wearing Gravis armour just because the only Jump Pack Primaris unit we got so far do (which isn't even true now that we got Suppressors as well). GW could, and probably will, just design a Jump Pack wearing model that's also in the regular Tacticus or even Phobos armour (Phobos with JP for Shrike I'd assume).

Not to mention that named characters often get artificer armour that looks differently than regular versions. Calgars Gravis armour isn't just the regular Gravis armour Aggressors, the Gravis Captain or the Inceptors are wearing either and especially Dante would get some fancy personalized armour.

My interpretation is that the community team was only confirming that there will be no chapter tactic update for us in Codex Space Marines.

Same here. The blurp in the article makes no sense otherwise and would've been edited out already.

I agree, It would be short sighted to heavily expand chapter tactics and combat doctrines for JUST C:SM and have the non-codex marines out like chopped liver. My guess is SM will have their time in the sun for 2-3 months followed by and "Angels" focused update and campaign.

Personally I don't think Dante would undergo the rubicon. I am going to guess he'll go all "old man" and fight till the bitter end as he has for nearly two thousand years. I mean I doubt he will stop anyone else who decides to do so but he himself probably considers himself a dying breed anyway so would prefer to die in battle instead of potentially on the operating table.

My guess: Corbulo and possibly one of the old guard captains. Perhaps the last Sanguinary guard as a prelude to a new breed of SG?

That said, NEW MODEL PLEASE!!?1?1

Edited by Spagunk

Ultramarines didn't change apart from now applying to vehicles, and raven guard got worse. Red Thirst wouldn't exactly be much of a bonus for vehicles anyway, while confirmed access to all the new primaris toys and more importantly Angels Of Death for +1A on the charge will significantly help BA; our chapter tactic was already one of the better ones. Sanguinary Guard and Death Company will be significantly better, intercessors go from not-bad to decent, even assault terminators might be worth a punt again.

Personally I don't think Dante would undergo the rubicon. I am going to guess he'll go all "old man" and fight till the bitter end as he has for nearly two thousand years. I mean I doubt he will stop anyone else who decides to do so but he himself probably considers himself a dying breed anyway so would prefer to die in battle instead of potentially on the operating table.

I disagree.

Dante is not old because he lived a life away from danger. He's leading from the front with Jump Pack, Pistol and axe. First and foremost he's a symbol of hope and inspiration for other Blood Angels and if going through the rubicon means inspiring others to do the same so they all can serve the Emperor and the angel better, he'll do it without a second thought.

Also he doesn't consider himself dying at all. He was glad to finally meet his end until Sanguinius told him to get back to the living and keep doing his job (at the end of Devastation of Baal). His job is fighting the enemies of mankind as best as he can. Becoming a Primaris is a huge upgrade and thus desireable. Not to mention that he somewhat believes to be the golden warrior that fights infront of the palace at the end so he has reason to believe that he'll survive the rubicon.

I disagree.

Dante is not old because he lived a life away from danger. He's leading from the front with Jump Pack, Pistol and axe. First and foremost he's a symbol of hope and inspiration for other Blood Angels and if going through the rubicon means inspiring others to do the same so they all can serve the Emperor and the angel better, he'll do it without a second thought.

Also he doesn't consider himself dying at all. He was glad to finally meet his end until Sanguinius told him to get back to the living and keep doing his job (at the end of Devastation of Baal). His job is fighting the enemies of mankind as best as he can. Becoming a Primaris is a huge upgrade and thus desireable. Not to mention that he somewhat believes to be the golden warrior that fights infront of the palace at the end so he has reason to believe that he'll survive the rubicon.

Disagree on the sentiment, but we all know what will happen. There is no new Dante model without the Primaris treatment.

That said, I'd rather he didn't get transformed into an Ultra fanboy like the rest. Seth is right in m opinion. The big G wants to make all into Ultramarines if he could, and he's been at it for a while.

It remains to be seen what the actual background will be. Dante, being one of the oldest living space marines could actually have trouble being converted into Ultramarine geneseed into a Primaris marine simply because of his age. Desirable or not, the transformation would be a hard strain on Dante's warrior pride again for sure. And if he can be the golden hero of this age without primaris armour, why should he change into it now?

I disagree.

Disagree on the sentiment, but we all know what will happen. There is no new Dante model without the Primaris treatment.

That said, I'd rather he didn't get transformed into an Ultra fanboy like the rest. Seth is right in m opinion. The big G wants to make all into Ultramarines if he could, and he's been at it for a while.

It remains to be seen what the actual background will be. Dante, being one of the oldest living space marines could actually have trouble being converted into Ultramarine geneseed into a Primaris marine simply because of his age. Desirable or not, the transformation would be a hard strain on Dante's warrior pride again for sure. And if he can be the golden hero of this age without primaris armour, why should he change into it now?

Because he believes the primaris are the blood Angel's future (rightly or wrongly)

And he wouldn't allow his warriors to take a risk he himself was unwilling to take.

But enough with the ultramarine hate. The primaris in the blood angels chapter are just as much blood Angel's as the rest with the same primarchs blood running through them and apparently even the same ferocity.

I disagree.

Being a Primaris doesn't make one any more Ultramarine or an Ultramarine fanboy. Please don't include such sillyness as it only detracts from your actual post.

Also Guilliman doesn't want every chapter to be like the Ultramarines. He already admitted in one of the novels that each Primarch and their legion could do some things better the others couldn't even if they overlap in some areas.

As for Seth ... he's a man of extremes and so his opinion is extreme. Not to mention that these novels were partially made to address the issues some of the community have with the Primaris and Seth is just the one who voiced that one particular concern. In the end even he added the Primaris to his chapter.

I don't see how the transformation would be a strain on Dante's warrior pride at all. If anything he'd regret not trying it if it means not being able to serve as good as he can.

And he wouldn't allow his warriors to take a risk he himself was unwilling to take.

Also this.

Edited by sfPanzer

An interesting thought about Dante and the prophecy, he is unsure that’s its him but believes it. What if he goes through the rubicon come out, gets shown his new golden armour and realises that it was the armour in the prophecy and that it is him defending the emperor one day.

Is anyone else curious about what the new Chaplain litanies will mean for Lemartes, Astorath and the Death Company?

I guess that the Dark Apostle prayers show a template for what we can expect. The question is whether this will be in addition to their current reroll aura or a replacement to it.

Is anyone else curious about what the new Chaplain litanies will mean for Lemartes, Astorath and the Death Company?

I guess that the Dark Apostle prayers show a template for what we can expect. The question is whether this will be in addition to their current reroll aura or a replacement to it.

In all probability it will be implemented similarly to the Dark Apostle's prayers, in that the Litanies of hate will be 1 automatically known prayer and then you get to choose an additional one that the chaplain knows at the beginning of the game, then choose which to use at the beginning of each round.

Mostly, i am wondering if our named chaplains will get to know multiple prayers or maybe have some other bonus.

Regarding any eventual BA specific prayers, it might be interesting if Astorath's Mass of Doom becomes usable each turn .