Yeah except that it's a stealthy not-Dread. Meh. If it could deep strike and were an actual Dread I'd buy two instantly but as is it doesn't fit in my army concept nor vision what Marine walkers should be. Unfortunately.

I think it'll be pretty straightforward to swap in the middle section of a redemptor for the sarcophagus look (you could leave off the flip belly to make it lighter looking) - most of the difference is in the arms and legs. Hell, you could kitbash using a furioso frontplate with a bit of gap filling.

And for the infiltrate, just imagine it has Iron Monger style jets in the feet (and the lightened armour) so rather than stealthing in, it dropped in a forward position off a thunderhawk.

30k previewed a Blood Angels legion contemptor with a proper jump pack!! so it's not that insane....

any idea where can I get a hold of this model without buying the whole space marine heroes box?

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99120101156_SpaceMarineHeroes03.jpg

there is nothing on ebay atm.

I know he's sold as a Deathwatch Chaplain; actually, I could easily get one with my next paycheck if I so desired. In fact, I might just get him, since he's so relatively rare.

No, there is definitely THAT Chaplain in particular being sold in a blister with a Deathwatch Upgrade Pack, clearly officially packed, sitting in my FLGS with a rather standard Character price tag.

Edit: But of course, now I must a c q u i r e the lad to send pictures.

Edit 2: Found a pic on 1d4chan of an official photo of the model.

DWChaplain.jpg

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

you're confusing him with the Ortan Cassius model maybe?

It initially was sold solo with a Deathwatch upgrade pack, then repackaged with Captain and Librarian. The name of it was Space Marine Heroes. I found an opened one on ebay for you:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Games-Workshop-Warhammer-40k-Space-Marine-Heroes-Unopened/273956857782?epid=1966738958&hash=item3fc919e7b6:g:CN0AAOSw1fZdSJQm

Edited by Chronos1985

I just watched Chapter Master Valrak new codex indomitus edition unboxing video, and i saw one new thing for the Flesh Tearers displayed on the Adeptus Astartes galactic map :

- Cretacia is now officially located in the Segmentum Tempestus.  (Until now, the information was only hinted in the Flesh Tearers Omnibus book description on Black Library, if i remember correctly.)

Do vanguard marines only belong in the 10th company? In other words, can I have an eliminator squad in lets say, 3rd company? I've been saving a fire support slot for them and it just came to me I might be wrong.

The 10th company has ten squads that are exclusively Vanguards, however in Battlecompanies it's just another type of squad a Marine can be deployed as. For example a Marine assigned as Fire Support squad can be a Hellblaster, an Aggressor, a Suppressor or an Eliminator depending on what the mission demands.

Do vanguard marines only belong in the 10th company? In other words, can I have an eliminator squad in lets say, 3rd company? I've been saving a fire support slot for them and it just came to me I might be wrong.

The 10th company has ten squads that are exclusively Vanguards, however in Battlecompanies it's just another type of squad a Marine can be deployed as. For example a Marine assigned as Fire Support squad can be a Hellblaster, an Aggressor, a Suppressor or an Eliminator depending on what the mission demands.

In addition, for campaign purposes Vanguard and other types of troops from any company can be seconded to the one in charge (i.e. the 2nd company) and assume its colours for the duration of the campaign. And that's why now we get badges not for 10 but for 20 squads in a company.

Not sure if this is the right thread...but I’m tempted to build a VAS.

What do you guys think of this load out?

10x VASM

JP

8x SS

TH on Sarge

1x TH

2x Swords

1x Axe

Rest with Chainswords, two dudes just with BP+CS.

230 points.

In my experience you want ablative wounds, both of the SS and non-SS variety. Smart opponents will try to drown them in bolter fire to waste your 3++ while your ideal target is to tie up something nasty to get the most out of your 3++.

I’d go dual chainswords on the nooks, personally, since it’s pointless (IMO) to have a couple throwaway volt shots when you can instead have +1A each for a dedicated melee unit.

I also personally like to sneak an inferno pistol + TH on the Sgt to to get a lucky shot in here and there as well. Yes it’s a single BS3+ S8 shot, but the potential to one shot a rhino or snipe a character with a good D6 roll + 3x D:3 hammer hits is worth the cost IMO, but that’s just me.

Im also in the proccess of gearing a VAS. 2 dudes with ss and cs, 2 dudes with dual cs, but I was toying with the idea to swap one of them to dual hand flamers?  Sounds too cool to pass but Im not sure how relevant of a loadout it is. Sargeant will be cs and hand flamer by default since I want to use the Antor Delassio model for it.

My flyer-deleting powers grow ever stronger! Rejoice, friends, for the Smash Captain may have a resounding 10 attacks per Fight phase now (not counting Honor the Chapter, but counting Red Rampage), all at Strength 10, AP -3 and 4 flat wounds per. I am excited to throw this deathball at the scariest thing my opponent brings and watch it drop.

Not sure if this is the right thread...but I’m tempted to build a VAS.

What do you guys think of this load out?

10x VASM

JP

8x SS

TH on Sarge

1x TH

2x Swords

1x Axe

Rest with Chainswords, two dudes just with BP+CS.

230 points.

In my experience you want ablative wounds, both of the SS and non-SS variety. Smart opponents will try to drown them in bolter fire to waste your 3++ while your ideal target is to tie up something nasty to get the most out of your 3++.

I’d go dual chainswords on the nooks, personally, since it’s pointless (IMO) to have a couple throwaway volt shots when you can instead have +1A each for a dedicated melee unit.

I also personally like to sneak an inferno pistol + TH on the Sgt to to get a lucky shot in here and there as well. Yes it’s a single BS3+ S8 shot, but the potential to one shot a rhino or snipe a character with a good D6 roll + 3x D:3 hammer hits is worth the cost IMO, but that’s just me.

Thanks for the feedback!

I should have added that there's 3 dudes with Chainswords and Storm Shields, so I'd count those as ablative wounds. Good point on the double chainsword veterans, hadn't thought about that. Still stuck in my old ways I guess. :)

Are double lightning claws any good these days? Despite looking cool as hell obviously.

<snip>

<snip>

Thanks for the feedback!

I should have added that there's 3 dudes with Chainswords and Storm Shields, so I'd count those as ablative wounds. Good point on the double chainsword veterans, hadn't thought about that. Still stuck in my old ways I guess. :smile.:

Are double lightning claws any good these days? Despite looking cool as hell obviously.

Yea I knew you had some ablative wounds, was just trying to compliment/reinforce the importance of that. My other point is that ablative should include both dudes to die to small arms (dual chainsword) and to big guns (storm shields).

There's a thread floating around about how Blood Angels S5 Lightning Claws are the "ultimate" weapon in the game right now...

Hidden Content

S5 = wounding anything up to T10 on 5+, Red Thirst means wounding on 4+

Re-rolling To Wound from LC means that's a 75% chance of wounding almost anything in the game (re-rollable 4+)

AP-2 is the "perfect" amount of AP since it does enough damage without costing too much or being totally wasted on invuln save models (i.e. it's "perfect" against a 2+/4++ model)

+1A from two weapons never goes wrong

So the idea is that 10x VV all with LC's and a Sang Priest + Chaplain nearby is pretty much the most utilitarian unit in the game, other than that it's not shooting attacks and it's all D:1 hits so you can chop down almost anything, but there are definitely more efficient ways of dealing with vehicles et al. It's also 10x T4 3+ wounds which is not survivable by any means these days.

TL;DR: I wouldn't go crazy with them, but if you have the spare bits/points in a list, they can be quite fun.

Edited by Indefragable