Planning on taking the CBs to a local 1k tournament with the new GW announced matched play.

I'll post list ideas soon. Maybe it will rekindle some 9th ed love.

Edit: first list thoughts in spoiler!

Spoiler

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) [50 PL, 2CP, 1,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Blood Angels Successor, Custom Chapter, Master Artisans, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size [3CP]: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

+ HQ +

Primaris Lieutenant [4 PL, -1CP, 75pts]: 3. Soulwarden, Bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, Warlord

Primaris Techmarine [4 PL, 80pts]

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Bolt rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 195pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 195pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 75pts]: Las Fusil
. Eliminator Sergeant: Las Fusil
. 2x Eliminators: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Camo cloak, 2x Frag & Krak grenades

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Assault Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

++ Total: [50 PL, 2CP, 1,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Booked my trip for the LVO in January! Participating in the 30k narrative event.

I must say since I've decided to try and commit myself to start going to conventions and major events I have definitely found a spark of excitement for 40k again. So much so that from my previous post in BA Today I'm gonna try to take the CBs out for another try in 9th.

Who knows, I may even like it.

27 minutes ago, Xenith said:

I went to my first major event this year also, and it's something I wanted to do more of - starting with LVO is huge, and you'll have great fun there - you're in a room of people withthe same hobby as you! 

Are you planning on taking anything new/special?

30k I'm taking my Raven Guard, fully kitted with dark furies, deliverers and Corvax for the 4k day 3.

Going to take the Kratos today for another spin against GSC. We're going to play Open Play with Tempest of War cards, so starting with 12 CPs for the Battalion
I'm taking:
HQ:
Techmarine: Warlord (Soulwarden), Master of the Forge,
SP: Chief Apothecary, HoC (Selfless Healer), Armour Indomitus

Troops:
2x5 Primaris Assault Intercessors
1x5 Infiltrators (Helix Gauntlet)

Elites:
1x5 DC: JP, CS/BP
1x5 Assault Terminators, 1TH/SS, 4xLCs
Primaris Company Champion, Chapter Champion, HoC (Martial Exemplar), Relic of the Chapter (Blade of Triumph)

Fast Attack
1x3 dakka Inceptors

Heavy Support:
1x3 Eradicators, Melta Rifles
Kratos (battlecanon, lascanons, Volkite Culverins, MM, HKM)

That's exactly 1500pts and 8CP. I might still drop the relic on the Champion - it feels like an overkill against GSC. But I'm curious to see how he performs with all the toys.

Edit: if I were to take this in the Nephilim, I'd only take the Selfless Healer and Armour Indomitus on the SP (cause my friend loves to find angles on the SP with his Kellermorph :tongue:)

Edited by Majkhel

8 minutes ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

The primaris tech marine is one of my favorite models. And he's sneaky good. If I were to take a regular tech marine however I would do a legacy one with Jump pack or bike!

But the list is solid. Hopefully the 40k Kratos does some good!

I totally agree with the Primaris Techmarine! He is my first choice whenever I consider taking any kind of vehicle.

Kratos underperformed last time in terms of firepower output, but had quite an impact on the game by simply being there and attracting my opponents' attention. 

Edited by Majkhel

48 minutes ago, Majkhel said:

I totally agree with the Primaris Techmarine! He is my first choice whenever I consider taking any kind of vehicle.

Kratos underperformed last time in terms of firepower output, but had quite an impact on the game by simply being there and attracting my opponents' attention. 

Well it is a gun boat that rivals the repulsors! 

In the end I exchanged Eradicators and MM+HKM from the Kratos for 2 units of Las-fusil Eliminators. I also screened the Kratos properly this time providing my opponent with more immediate things to deal with and kept him out of range of most long-range threats (which was not that hard considering GSC mining lasers are only 24"). It thanked me by accounting for an isolated Patriarch, a Goliath truck and some Aberrants. Not great perhaps, but it was a solid long-range threat my opponent had no real means to deal with. I think the same number of points could be put into 2 units of Eradicators, but it sure was fun.

Eliminators were able to provide enough distraction to cause overextension of enemy forces and were the main reason Patriarch got isolated and shot off the board. Their damage output was superficial, but they caused commotion, tanked some damage and one even managed to survive :biggrin:

I gave my Blood Angels a whirl at 1250 points against my friend Rob's Harlequins. We played "Burn and Raze" using the new Tempest of War cards and I pulled off a very narrow victory (5VPs). This was largely because I remembered the mission rule allowing players to "raze" and Objective for a one-off bonus of 5VPs. Without that it would have been a draw. Rob had the opportunity to sack an Objective in the final turn but forgot (I went second). Overall the Tempest of War deck is great fun. It is a bit more fluid than the GT mission pack and seems to have less book keeping. I will definitely be using them again.

Moving on the battle itself, although I pulled off a technical win, Harlies are nasty! They are faster and hit even harder than we do. They are more fragile but with Invulnerable saves all round, they are not as fragile as you might think. We both brought Patrol detachments and the rough lists are below.

Blood Angels

HQ

• Captain with Jump Pack, Relic Blade, Inferno Pisol, Relic Deathmask, Rites of War
  • Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack, Chainsword, Armour Indomitus, Selfless Healer (Warlord)

Troops

• Tactical squad with Grav Cannon. Sergent with plasma Pistol and power sword
  • Infiltrator Squad with Helix Adept

Fast attack

• 5 Plasma Inceptors
  • 3 MM Attack Bikes

Elite

• 8 Sanguinary Guard (4 Swords, 4 Fists)

Harlequins (Light Sedeath)

HQ

• Troup Master
  • Shadowseer with Relic Orb and Mirror of Minds

Troops

• Troupe in Starweaver
  • Troupe in Starweaver

Heavy

• Voidweaver
  • Voidweaver

Fast

• 6 Skyweavers

Elite

• Death Jester

I deployed my Tactical squad on my DZ Objective on my left flank along with the Attack Bikes. and the Infiltrators on the Objective in no-mans-land on my right flank. The Priest and Guard were on my right flank out of LOS to move and take the centre Objective. Rob had deployed a strong force facing the Objective on my left flank so I expected him to come that way. Rather than take him head-on, I decided to shoot him up on the approach. I put the Captain and Inceptors in Reserve ready to come in and take Objectives and take out a big threat T2.

Rob deployed his Skyweavers, 1 Troupe, Troupe Master and 1 Voidweaver facing my left flank. His right flank with his home Objective was held by the other Troupe, Shadowseer, Death Jester and Voidweaver.

Rob got the roll for 1st turn and screamed towards my left flank, taking the Objective in no-mans-land on the way. He let loose with a real hail of fire but thanks to cover, luck and AoC, my casualties were limited. I lost an Attack bike and 3 wounds on the Infiltrators (mitigated by Smoke). On the right flank the Troupe and Shadowseer disembarked and moved through the ruins towards the central Objective, the Shadowseer paused to Smite the Infiltrators but only caused 1 MW.

I realised that Rob was going all-out on my left flank and I did not have enough there to stop him so I Advanced my Priest and Guard towards my left flank. The Attack Bikes moved into the open to get better LOS on Rob's forces. The Priest revived the fallen Attack Bike so I was feeling pretty confident. I opened fire with everything I had but between negative to hit modifiers and Invulnerable saves, I only just managed to take out the Skyweavers (thanks to Morale) leaving everything else pretty much untouched. Next turn the Harlies would be on me.

Turn 2 and as expected, Rob disembarked his remaining infantry, Advanced shot and Charged (why can't we do that?).  Rob made good use of his stratagems (particularly Harlequin's Kiss vs the Sang Guard) and caused a lot of damage. The Attack bikes were wiped out by shooting, the Priest suffered 3 wounds from the Shadowseer's psychic powers and I lost 6 Sanguinary Guard. I made a mistake here as I lost 1 to a shuricannon shot on an unlucky 1. I should have used a CP to reroll that save. The Tactical squad lost all but the Sargent whose riposte bounced off the Invulnerable save. The one bright spot was using 2 CPs on the Sanguinary Guard to interrupt and kill the Shadowseer before he could strike.

Badly mauled, the Sanguinary Priest healed himself and revived one of the Sanguinary Guard. The Captain and Inceptors dropped into Rob's DZ to try and take his Objective and wipe out his firebase. They also scored me 5 VPs as I had the "Behind Enemy Lines" card. The Inceptors blew away with Voidweaver and the Captain made a lucky charge to cut down the Starweaver with his Relic Blade. The Death Jester took no chances and Rob used a stratagem to flee from the Charge. The Sanguinary Guard wiped out the Troupe they were fighting but the other Troupe and Master finished off the Tactical squad and consolidated towards the Guard.

On his T3, Rob wiped out the Priest and Guard with combination of shooting and melee. My luck completely evaporated here. Despite triggering the Armour Indomitus, I failed several 3++ saves for my Priest and he died to shooting, leaving the SG without his buffs in the ensuing melee. In my turn, the Infiltrators Razed their Objective for bonus VPs and the Captain and Inceptors moved to look for fresh targets and blew away the unfortunate Death Jester. We called it at the end of T3 as we were running out of time. We had both pretty much wiped out each others home forces leaving just a small hunting party and HQ each. I had my Captain, Inceptors and most of the Infiltrators. Rob had the Troupe Master, a Troupe, one Starweaver and a Voidweaver.

Although I got a technical win, I think Rob would probably have clawed back the difference had we fought on. He outranged me the Voidweaver would probably have gotten the better of the Inceptors if he played cagily enough. I didn't really have the ideal tools to fight Harliquins as I brought a TAC list. Grav, Sanguinary Guard, Plasma Inceptors and MMs all rely on high AP to push damage through so were wasted against Harlies. Death Company would have been cheaper all those Chainsword attacks would have made a mess of most things. I am so used to fighting MEQs I think I might need to make the list a little more flexible. Some more long-ranged firepower would not have hurt.

I am not sure if putting my Inceptors in Reserve was a good idea in hindsight. If I had put them near my left flank, I would have had the firepower to counter Rob's headlong rush on T1. If they had taken out the left Voidweaver (as they did with the other one on T2), that would probably have turned the tide on my left flank as the Prismatic cannon wiped out the Attack Bikes and mauled the Sanguinary Guard. It just goes to show that just because you have the ability to Deep Strike, it does not mean it is always a good idea to use it.

Speaking of the Sanguinary Guard, if I had put them on my left flank too, they would have been in range for a T1 charge. I deployed somewhat haphazardly while Rob played a well-executed refused flank and I suffered for it. It was mainly luck with the cards and remembering the mission special rules that let me claw ahead when we finished on T3. Had I played smarter, I could have pulled off a proper win with the same units and dice rolls. Still, it was a great game and a learning experience. Rob is a very good player and knows his rules and all their interactions perfectly. I look forward to the rematch. :smile:

I just thre this 1500 point list together. I have no idea what to expect, but it has a little bit of everything!

Edit: I'll probably switch the warlord to the libby in TDA. I haven't decided yet. This list I think will be against Custodes, but neither of us have played a game in a while, so all my HH rules are probably going to get jumbled up. Haha!

Spoiler

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) [86 PL, 12CP, 1,500pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Blood Angels Successor, Custom Chapter, Master Artisans, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: 3. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nachmund

+ HQ +

Librarian in Terminator Armour [6 PL, 115pts]: Combi-melta, Force axe

Primaris Lieutenant [4 PL, 75pts]: Bolt pistol, Master-crafted power sword, Warlord

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Bolt rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 110pts]
. 3x Space Marine: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Astartes Chainsword, Combi-plasma
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 110pts]
. 3x Space Marine: 3x Bolt pistol, 3x Boltgun, 3x Frag & Krak grenades
. Space Marine Sergeant: Astartes Chainsword, Combi-plasma
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Plasma gun

+ Elites +

Death Company Dreadnought [7 PL, 150pts]: Heavy flamer, Magna-grapple, Meltagun
. Blood talons (pair): 2x Blood talons

Sanguinary Guard [20 PL, 200pts]
. Company Veterans
. . Company Veteran: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. . Company Veteran Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Power fist
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine axe
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword
. Sanguinary Guard: Angelus boltgun, Encarmine sword

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 135pts]: Armorium Cherub
. Devastator Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. Devastator Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Grav-cannon

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Plasma incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

+ Dedicated Transport +

Drop Pod [4 PL, 70pts]: Storm bolter

Drop Pod [4 PL, 70pts]: Storm bolter

++ Total: [86 PL, 12CP, 1500pts]

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten

Eradicate are definitely becoming a solid heavy support choice for me as well after the changes.

On the game yesterday,

1500 points played, tons of mistakes made, a lot of fun had. Final score was 40 - 25 after round 4. We called it.

My friend brought an old allied detachment of Tempestus Scions and Custodes, and I brought the 1500 point list I previously posted. I opted for null zone and might of heroes over the Sanguinary discipline. Highlights for me...Redemptor with MoH was a bullet sponge, Death Company Dreadnought stuck 3 6+++ shrugs that kept him alive until he was Merked in combat by a shield captain, 1 hell blaster exploded himself in turn 1 on a double roll of 1 even after master artisan kicked in...and the last 2 Hellblasters with 8 attacks turned into 12 hits and 9 wounds after a gambit charge

21 hours ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

Eradicate are definitely becoming a solid heavy support choice for me as well after the changes.

How are you finding them compared to MM Attack bikes? I favour the mobility and slightly great durability of the bikes.

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

How are you finding them compared to MM Attack bikes? I favour the mobility and slightly great durability of the bikes.

I think for me it's just the thought of being able to set up a unit where I want them, and then they offer more sustainable damage output for 3/4 of a 100 points. A 3-5 man squad has the potential to deal 9-15 damage without having to worry about rolling on the damage wheel or being within half range.

I still think the MM AB, or MM ATV is a better investment with mobility, but after playing a lot of HH recently I have definitely forgotten how good melta and lascannons used to be.

This weekend I played a game vs my buddies aspect craftworlds list, and between his list being brutal (exploding 6s to hit, reroll advance and charge with double banshee double scorpions and 1 shining spear unit) and the mission being just awful, lost hard

The one with 5 objectives, 3 in a line in the middle and 1 in each deployment dawn of war style, you can't pre game move or infiltrate into no man's land, and the bonus primary is holding or killing stuff on the center.

And the gw open board set-ups don't put any cover over the middle

I myself am at odds. On the plus side, the shield covers way more stuff since it's -1 to wound rolls (I.E. Bolters effective str 3 etc.). But you end up losing coverage from str 8 doubling you out.

Just don't know what to feel about them currently.

6 hours ago, Spagunk said:

I myself am at odds. On the plus side, the shield covers way more stuff since it's -1 to wound rolls (I.E. Bolters effective str 3 etc.). But you end up losing coverage from str 8 doubling you out.

Just don't know what to feel about them currently.

Hmm...I thought the shields only gave -1 to wound in melee. No book in hand, will need to investigate later.

But the reaction to charge in the opponent's shooting phase and gaining a 5+++ with that reaction is tough to deal with, especially if they have a single perdition axe with Brutal (2).

It's the, "I need more melta!" Answer for sure lol.

Edit: 30k Blood Angels feel more like Blood Angels than 40k 100 billion percent!

Edited by Dont-Be-Haten