13 hours ago, Jolemai said:

Would mean painting a Sanguine Vision though :wink:

If Charlo paints a Sanguine Vision model then I'll take a break from painting Raven Guard man's to honorary paint a unit of CBs! We should do a sub forum Brothers in the Blood painting event!

3 hours ago, Dont-Be-Haten said:

If Charlo paints a Sanguine Vision model then I'll take a break from painting Raven Guard man's to honorary paint a unit of CBs! We should do a sub forum Brothers in the Blood painting event!

The gauntlet, she has been thrown!

I won't be able to soon, but hopefully in a few months ;)

19 hours ago, Charlo said:

The gauntlet, she has been thrown!

I won't be able to soon, but hopefully in a few months ;)

I may paint a fig before then Charlo. I put a lot of old CBs on the sell block this week and I'm in angst over doing it...I've almost canceled the damn thing twice now. 

But it's time. Let 30k have my first borns and 40k be something else entirely. Don't fret though! I've kept the important models that are close to my heart, Calen, Hazriel, Leandros, Luther's 5 Death Company marines those will have to be pried from my cold dead hands.

So I've been thinking about 40k some lately, feeling Nostalgic I guess. I have been thinking about how if I were to play with my CBs a majority of my lists have pushed heavily towards Plasma Inceptors, Assault Plasma Hell Blasters, and then a melee component of some kind (Redemptors). Main thought is quantity mid strength shooting with really good AP modifiers allows for a decent all comers list that has a counter to just about everything. 

In the 2 games I've played assault Hell Blasters assisted with Redemptor dreads made a lot of their points back and netted major positives in points exchanges. Anyone got some insight to how Plasma heavy armies with melee elements has faired for them?

5 hours ago, Jolemai said:

Paging @Karhedron

You rang? :biggrin:

Yes, I have been running plasma Inceptors pretty much continuously through 9th and they have worked very well for me. While they don't have quite the volume of fire that Hellblasters do, they have higher strength and much better mobility. S8 is significant as you are now wounding Marines on a 2+ and it gives them an edge against T7/8 vehicles.

I normally run a 5-man squad with a Jump Captain. It is an expensive package but you need those rerolls or you will lose a lot of models to overheats. I usually have a Jump Sanguinary Priest in my list too so healing and/or resurrecting fallen Inceptors can be an option. With 18" range they can start on the board against some armies but more often I place them in Reserve to come in T2 near a juicy target. I normally use "Descent of Angels" for +1 to hit on the turn they arrive which means an average of 20 S8 Ap-3 D2 shots hitting on 2s and rerolling 1s.  That kind of firepower will vapourise pretty much any non-LOW targets. They are great with the "Death from Above" secondary.

The only targets they struggle against are those with the -1 Damage rule. Because of this, I normally back them up with a trio of MM attack bikes to deal with hard targets. My regular 1500 point TAC list is something like this.

HQ Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack, Armour Indomitus, Master of the Apothocarion and Selfless Healer (Warlord)

HQ Captain with Jump Pack, Relic Blade, Inferno Pistol and Rites of War.

Troops 5 Infiltrators with Helox Gauntlet

Troops 5 Intercessors

Troops 5 Tactical Marines with Grav Cannon

Elite 8 Sanguinary Guard with 4 Glaives and 4 Fists

Fast 3 Attack Bikes with Multimeltas

Fast 5 Plasma Inceptors

This is a mobile and hitty army that relies on the Elites and Fast units to do the bulk of the heavy lifting while the Troops concentrate on taking objectives. The Sanguinary Priest normally runs with the Sanguinary Guard in order to proc "Heirs of Azkellon", put them into the Assault Doctrine and patch them. The Captain normally runs with the Inceptors although if necessary he can buff any units, particularly the Attack Bikes. This army has plenty of high value multi-wound models to get maximum value from the Sanguinary Priest's healing abilities.  It usually works well and is fun to play.

gallery_82363_13858_616023.jpg

Edited by Karhedron

Interesting.

Here's one list I've been working on. I have all these models either in boxes or assembled/painted

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) [99 PL, 3CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selector**: Blood Angels Successor, Custom Chapter, Master Artisans, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size [6CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Detachment Command Cost

Game Type: 4. Chapter Approved: War Zone Nephilim

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armour [6 PL, -2CP, 115pts]: Adamantine Mantle, Astartes Chainsword, Stratagem: Relic, Stratagem: Warlord Trait, The Imperium's Sword, Warlord

Primaris Techmarine [4 PL, -1CP, 80pts]: Stratagem: Honoured by the Arx Angelicum, The Armour Indomitus

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power fist

+ Elites +

Centurion Assault Squad [18 PL, 325pts]
. Centurion: Hurricane bolter
. . Flamers
. . Flamers
. . Flamers
. . Flamers
. Centurion Sergeant: Hurricane bolter
. . Flamers

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 195pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 195pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 300pts]: 4x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

Inceptor Squad [14 PL, 300pts]: 4x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant, Plasma Exterminator x2

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 165pts]: Assault Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

++ Total: [99 PL, 3CP, 2,000pts] ++

I think some jumpy HQs would probably be better. I like the idea of this list.

On 10/22/2022 at 6:59 PM, Jolemai said:

We've got this pinned for a little while. Can anyone contribute to it?

Do they need to be used as an actual primaris data sheets? I have some I'm proud of, but I almost never build up primaris models to use as primaris, just as scaled up first born models.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:59 AM, Jolemai said:

We've got this pinned for a little while. Can anyone contribute to it?

Hmmm.... 5 years after they appeared - sure, can do! Don't want to flood it though :biggrin:

But perhaps I could take pictures of several units at once.

It was against big bugs behemoth army (no model with toughness lower than 5 and quite a lot of them with T8) and I had double DC army with SG and tactical termies. For characters I got Chapter Master, Sanguinary Priest with Rites of War and Meph.

First turn I charged Exocrine with my  DC with hammers and dealt whole 0 damage. Got troops on two of four no mans land objectives and attack bike and land speeder to threaten big bugs. 

Enemy turn he withdrew from combat with DC to annihilate them in shooting

Harpy moved forward to deal with attack bike and speeder, killing bike. Rest of my army was nicely hidden and resisting urge for cc battle surprising my enemy

Turn two I have deepstriked: terminators who killed warriors and secured third objective, sanguards who hide outside los, but within range of fourth objective, and helped speeder in killing harpy. Second DC unit with characters still waited patiently further amusing the other player.

His turn two started quite aggressively three lictors popped in my deployment zone, trygon prime with warriors near my hidden units and another trygon close to sanguard.

One of terminators survived after taking great amount of fire securing objective. Trygon failed charge on sanguard and trygon prime killed only two of my DC who refused to die.

My turn three was swing round.

Centurions came from reserve killing two lictors, third one shot with combined effort of other troops. Sanguinary priest revived one DC and shooting with pistols in cc they killed trygon prime, mephiston took care of warriors.

Sanguard charged into warriors in centre of enemy deployment and after he failed killing them my enemy conceded after comparing how many points we both have scored.

On 10/13/2022 at 3:49 AM, Dont-Be-Haten said:

But it's time. Let 30k have my first borns and 40k be something else entirely.

This is kind of what I'm looking at - 40k is now the way of the Primaris, however I have an awful, awful lot of firstborn, including classic metal models which I am loathe to part with - so these will become HH era -hotch-potch Blood Angels, scavenging whatever armour they can and lots of Mk7, while all the new plastics will go to the Alpha Legion.

My Primaris started as a mixed chapter Crusade company, but the Flesh Eaters are gradually taking over...

5 minutes ago, Spagunk said:

Illegal Plasma squad. Or maybe first-born Hellblasters? I don't remember if company vets can do this.

• Any number of Company Veterans can each have their boltgun replaced with 1 weapon from the Special Weapons list.

Looks like your squad is legal. :thumbsup: