So, finally got a second game of 10th in. 67-53 win vs Imp Guard/scions. My list was a bit of a scratch list as I can't find one of my boxes so:

Chaplain with jump pack 

Gravis captain boltstorm gauntlet/power weapon/visage of death

Intercessor squad (5)

Incursor squad (5)

Eliminators (3)

Aggressors with flamestorm

Inceptors with bolters

Bladeguard (3)

Death company with jump packs (5)

Librarian dread

Predator destructor with Las sponsons

1250pts

He had:

Scion command squad

Scion infantry squad x2

Chimera x 3

Russ anhialator with plasma eradicator and 3 heavy bolters

Gorgon assault tank

Ogryns (6) in gorgon

Engineer

Priest

Psyker

So, gorgon in a 1250 pt game... oof! T13, 2+ save (5++ vs shooting too) and 20 wounds. And assault ramp.

Search and destroy deployment, priority targets mission, vox static.

I put my eliminators out on my left next to my deployment zone ready to hold that objective, with bladeguard and DC ready to swing left of centre to block/delay his attack that side. Dread ready to fling units around the board, Incursors scouted forward on my right to pressure the objective in nml on that side.

Game was pretty close all they way through, but the biggest turning point was drawing bring it down on the last turn with his gorgon parked on the centre objective in cc with my dread, capt and 2 aggressors when I had already whittled it down to 2w remaining. Scored the kill, scored the objective, then scored the count at the end of the game. 

Takeaways, T6 really made the difference in this one, he had little that wounded me on worsecthan a 4+, and all those hot shot lasguns wounding on 6's really cut down the saves I had to make. Other than that, definitely made some booboo's (fluffed a 6 inch charge with DC and forgot their reroll, left bladeguard to get shot to pieces by tanks, couldn't quite get to put multiple threats at the same place and time properly). But I'll take a win and dusting off some cobwebs!

Really made a big difference taking the central objective off the gorgon parked next to it. OC8 tank, captain made his charge to the front edge but his unit couldn't reach the objective howevee lone intercessor and lib dread had a combined OC5 and were able to charge within range of the objective. That got me 5 secondary for tempting target and forced him to do try to attack the centre again instead of my home objective. Against guard I wasn't too worried about any of the other enhancements but halving oc is helpful going into big infantry units when you only have small remnants.

so, I keep seeing posts from people saying when blood angels get their detachments it’ll be the current one, one based on death company and one based on sanguinary guard and every time I get confused.

GW don’t generally seem to be making detachments so tightly coupled to a particular unit. What’s more it would be an awful way to represent blood angels IMO.

personally I think we will get:

- sons of sanguinius

- one based around jump infantry, or perhaps more generically perhaps about speed (lucifer engines spring to mind). This is what I’d imagine rather than one focused on sanguinary guard, apart from anything else, sanguinary guard are a single unit and the chapter doesn’t have all that many.

- maybe something that leans into the black rage theme more I guess, rather than being death company focused per se, I feel like they’d try and theme it to fit well for the more aggressive successors like flesh tearers

question is, what do others think? 

7 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

so, I keep seeing posts from people saying when blood angels get their detachments it’ll be the current one, one based on death company and one based on sanguinary guard and every time I get confused.

GW don’t generally seem to be making detachments so tightly coupled to a particular unit. What’s more it would be an awful way to represent blood angels IMO.

personally I think we will get:

- sons of sanguinius

- one based around jump infantry, or perhaps more generically perhaps about speed (lucifer engines spring to mind). This is what I’d imagine rather than one focused on sanguinary guard, apart from anything else, sanguinary guard are a single unit and the chapter doesn’t have all that many.

- maybe something that leans into the black rage theme more I guess, rather than being death company focused per se, I feel like they’d try and theme it to fit well for the more aggressive successors like flesh tearers

question is, what do others think? 

Perfectly agree. I’d hate to see a full DC detachment since it doesn’t make sense (a full company of DC would mean the chapter’s basically gone) and it’s not like this is a cohesive force like Deathwing for example. And centering it around DC and DC dreads would feel boring? I guess it’s a way to get Forlorn Fury back into the game.

best case: 

- updated SoS detachment (which becomes amazing after January dataslate, especially the strats and the enhancements)

- a Deepstrike assault detachment. It would be worse than SoS in raw combat power but it could extend to any unit with Deepstrike, not just SG or jump packs

I could’ve seen the Hammer of Baal as an enhancement in this detachment but for some reason they just removed thunder hammers from the terminator captain :down:

- a speed/motorized infantry detachment maybe. it would make sense since 10th is the renaissance of old play styles and BA used to be able to overcharge rhino-based tanks and charge out of them too after moving. 
could also buff the movement of JP troops while at it

worst case:

- SoS will continue its mediocre existence and do not get updated from the index (not that unlikely actually, looking at DA) 

- 2 detachments that seem to offer a different way to play BA but eventually won’t be used since Gladius will just continue being better 

- you don’t even end up using the Supplement since the codex detachments (well, just GTF really) will stay overall more fun and competitive 

I think it could be a mix of both cases. I hope for the best, but I see what DA got and it ain’t pretty.

My guess is we will see:

• Sons of Sanguinius with minimal changes.
  • Flesh Tearers
  • Death Company

We have a couple of different DC units so I can see something leaning into the Black Rage in some fashion. I don't think we will see a Sanuinary Guard based detachment as that really is focussed on a single unit and you really only want one SG unit with your Warlord these days.

I also don't see us getting a Jump Pack detachment as that is the SoS already. If you really want speed over hitting power then there is already the Stormlance Taskforce for that. I would like to be wrong as a "Descent of Angels" detachment would be very cool.

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

I also don't see us getting a Jump Pack detachment as that is the SoS already

disgaree with this. There's really nothing that specifically benefits jump infantry.

We have just seen that they are quite happy to do multiple terminator/veteran focused detachments. So another speed one where its strats are aimed at jump infantry, similar to how stormlance strats are more aimed at mounted would make sense and arguably fit the blood angels better (being like day of revelations in heresy and the descent of angels themes of some earlier editions).

I don't see both a DC and a Flesh Tearer detachment, because frankly... they'd be pretty similar. SoS is already the "i hit more and hit harder" detachment anyway which is what flesh tearers would be. One that applies black rage rules to everything... maaaybe, but still feels off.

12 Months of Hobby event has a favourite category for each month, so at the end of the year there's a favourite of favourites poll and for the 2023 event, this is now up. There is BA interest too, but feel free to vote for whatever you want :thumbsup:

I finished kitbashing/converting some firstborn bladeguard today. I think they came out great!

Any parts that are going across the body are blue-tac’d because I’m definitely painting these in sub-assemblies!

IMG_9091.jpeg

Edited by Paladin777

Just finished Lemartes. Dude’s been sitting on the shelf waiting for the final steps for so long…felt good granting him the last honours. :happy:

3 minutes ago, SnorriSnorrison said:

Vow complete. 
I present to you Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost: 

IMG_1045.jpeg.e090fb5887337b0d05eb403b8c5241a1.jpegIMG_1048.jpeg.151c43098a53237f12bf72b9d4748889.jpegIMG_1047.jpeg.a04352ee2eb26cade66fca7d7ff0c9cc.jpegIMG_1046.jpeg.0336cd620dc70da2abefa0bdac1887fd.jpeg